LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just from my memory 2013 she spoke with zane Lowe when it dropped and Kanye was announced on R1.

I can’t remember if 2014’s poster was announced on radio as it came out first thing in the morning.

I think in 2014 we knew Emily was on 6music that morning, although I think that was after the poster had been released as it came very early as you say. Most of the radio announcements that I can recall have tended to be single acts though.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just from my memory 2013 she spoke with zane Lowe when it dropped and Kanye was announced on R1.

I can’t remember if 2014’s poster was announced on radio as it came out first thing in the morning.

Ok, so theres some precedent in some form at least. 

Gonna be interesting if the tabloids ramp up and start spewing some rumors if theres even a whisper of what might happen during the show if theres an artist announcement.

Emily goes on the radio quite a lot prior to the festival and most of the time it’s nothing but a chat etc…

I’d expect talk of covid at festivals, how excited they all are, lots of eluding to the lineup being great and we’ll have news soon. 

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

2015 and 2020's posters both apparently dropped in the evening although I can't say I remember that.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I think in 2014 we knew Emily was on 6music that morning, although I think that was after the poster had been released as it came very early as you say. Most of the radio announcements that I can recall have tended to be single acts though.

One thing that makes me lean towards this being an announcement is Clara’s show starts at 6, but Emily will probably be on at 7.

2020’s poster dropped at 7pm.

Is it too early to say… 7pm x

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Emily goes on the radio quite a lot prior to the festival and most of the time it’s nothing but a chat etc…

I’d expect talk of covid at festivals, how excited they all are, lots of eluding to the lineup being great and we’ll have news soon. 

Yea I think it’s this

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Yea I think it’s this

Shes going on at 7 which is a prime time spot. The description says Glasto News too. Talking about general trends isn’t news.

Talking about an already announced competition isn’t news either. If it was to promote emerging talent I think it would be in the description. 

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Yea I think it’s this

Considering there was no artist named in dec of even last month theres going to have to be something here. Very low chance that she isnt peppered with questions about who is performing and plays coy.

ummmm, can we have some symbolism with it being 2.2.22? Certainly wasnt out of the blue this is happening today. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Shes going on at 7 which is a prime time spot. The description says Glasto News too. Talking about general trends isn’t news.

Talking about an already announced competition isn’t news either.

Just when you thought Matt couldn't crank up the levels any further, eFestivals resident hype machine has gone into full effect today with this R1 news. It's going to be fun on here today

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Talking about an already announced competition isn’t news either. If it was to promote emerging talent I think it would be in the description. 

The show description is future sounds … emerging talent is pretty similar I’d say 

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

I think that new areas - e.g. The Pier, The Woods  etc have also been announced this way.

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Considering there was no artist named in dec of even last month theres going to have to be something here. Very low chance that she isnt peppered with questions about who is performing and plays coy.

ummmm, can we have some symbolism with it being 2.2.22? Certainly wasnt out of the blue this is happening today. 

Could Emily be feeling 22? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

Emerging sounds is basically the rebrand of Annie Mac / Zane Lowe’s shows. Plus the description literally says Glasto News. 

596C81B3-9094-4C3C-BB1F-5B4EE6AA1D68.jpeg

And that is Glastonbury news … it might not be the news you are hoping for but it’s still news … don’t be so dismissive of other peoples thoughts