LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

"We're really sorry to say that due to uncertainty surrounding international Covid regulations, Billie can't make it this year. But we're working hard to make 2022 an amazing time for everyone, and we'll have more news soon. Thanks for listening!"

It’s Emily appearing not Matt42 

Just now, Matt42 said:

What we thinking? Headliner or a bunch of names.

I can’t see them announcing Paul McCartney on R1… not the right crowd and Glasto usually just announce headliners like that themselves.

She may just be talking about the impact of the current situation and how it's affecting plans. It's a fair point regarding the R1 audience, maybe not Macca this announcement

Could be Dua and they save Macca for the poster since its believed he is the one thats hesitant. I dont think she can get out of the interview without having any mention of talent, especially with a full poster due in 3 weeks if the balance window holds up.

Edited by Suprefan

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

She may just be talking about the impact of the current situation and how it's affecting plans. It's a fair point regarding the R1 audience, maybe not Macca this announcement

I can’t see that happening. She’d go to the guardian or whatever for that.

Can’t imagine Emily going on with all the whizzy bang effects of R1 to talk depressing news about the festival news.

“Sorry Emily we’ve got to pause you talking about the end of the festival we need to play some Central Cee” 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can’t see that happening. She’d go to the guardian or whatever for that.

Can’t imagine Emily going on with all the whizzy bang effects of R1 to talk depressing news about the festival news.

“Sorry Emily we’ve got to pause you talking about the end of the festival we need to play some Central Cee” 

😂 yeah, good point! 😂

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

So who’s announced what before ? Is it really related to what show it’s on as to where it’s been announced ? I mean it might well be true … but can someone provide some evidence ? 

Kanye is the last headliner I remember being announced on Radio 1.

If it's lineup related of the two headliners expected surely Kendrick is more likely to be announced on Clara's show?

I'm with @crazyfool1 though in that it's possibly to talk about the emerging talent comp (although thinking about this R1 the BBC Introducing stage which is similar in terms of what it does so maybe not this?)

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

What if it's Kendrick? 😬

It wouldn’t surprise me if we get a handful of acts to be honest. Maybe about a poster with 50 or so names like we’ve had before in past years?

Perhaps with some acts darting out of their tours this is a move to try and lock some people in before they cut down their dates?

Just now, kalifire said:

If Kendrick or Macca aren't going to be there, I think she'll say so even if she doesn't say who's replacing them.

Even without any names, we could learn a lot more about the state of play.

This. I think it will be emerging talent comp without any specific lineup announcement but an interview that gives out some useful info 

I can’t see her going on the radio to talk about emerging talent. They run it every year and it’s never been plugged like that before. If anything she’d go on something like the one show to do that.

Every time Emily has been on radio 1 it’s been announcement related. I’m hopeful.

Optimistic me says that a bunch of names are dropping tonight and there’s a few which the R1 audience would love - Dua Lipa, Harry Styles, Megan Thee Stallion, HAIM, Little Simz, Pink Pantheress, Sam Fender, AJ Tracey etc

Just now, Suprefan said:

So has there ever been a poster that was released along with a radio show apperance/chat.

Just from my memory 2013 she spoke with zane Lowe when it dropped and Kanye was announced on R1.

I can’t remember if 2014’s poster was announced on radio as it came out first thing in the morning.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Just from my memory 2013 she spoke with zane Lowe when it dropped and Kanye was announced on R1.

I can’t remember if 2014’s poster was announced on radio as it came out first thing in the morning.

2015 and 2020's posters both apparently dropped in the evening although I can't say I remember that.