news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, steviewevie said:

Times reporting govt going to introduce energy rebates to help with higher bills in this spring, they will be effectively loans to energy companies which will be paid back by consumers over time in the future.

So in the end we pay the same but they can make up some Bollocks headline saying they’ve saved us all 

Newsnight talking about levelling up paper. Target date is 2030, so a few elections time, but unrealistic to make big promises before next election as was always going to be a long term thing.  Main problem with it is if they really want to make a big difference will probably need a lot more money than it's going to get currently.

Somewhere along the way we got used to the figure of a BILLION pounds being bandied around. It's worth taking a moment to remember that it is 1000 x million pounds.

So with the £13bn PPE waste, plus the £4.2bn fraud write off alone (ignoring all the other government waste & corruption which probably dwarfs these figures) that's 17, thousand, million pounds. Just imagine how that money could have been used to help the needy or been invested in actually, honestly, levelling up deprived areas in this country. It makes me sick to the stomach.

In addition the tabloids and ch5 still love stoking hate with a good benefits swindle story but we're all ok with Liz Truss using 500k of tax payers money on a private jet to Australia? I bet we paid for the food & booze at the number 10 parties too. I'm fucking sick of it all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1