Glastocam!

pauladam

It was a contact form on their site. Took me a bit of digging to get to it and I can't re-find it now!

From the way the BBC have worded it, on the webcam page and in their reply to me, I think its the farm that have decided on the webcam for now, and the festival office who I suspect are best to email.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just tried the contact form on a few devices and getting this error message 

image.jpg

Same for me!  I think it's to do with the raCAPTCHA thing. 

Their email address is office@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Back from another wander round the public paths near the site. Update, most activity is still around the clearing of the woods. Looks like more than just getting rid of dead branches.  A Land Rover in the pyramid field, milk tanker drove along the road past spring ground.  Took a walk through the Ashes wood, so named because that’s where in the past the ashes from the lime kiln were dumped. Some more activity near the red gate. Pangea looks well camouflaged in its green paint. 

and that’s the last update as we are heading home, so obviously they need to get that camera working now.  

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Back from another wander round the public paths near the site. Update, most activity is still around the clearing of the woods. Looks like more than just getting rid of dead branches.  A Land Rover in the pyramid field, milk tanker drove along the road past spring ground.  Took a walk through the Ashes wood, so named because that’s where in the past the ashes from the lime kiln were dumped. Some more activity near the red gate. Pangea looks well camouflaged in its green paint. 

and that’s the last update as we are heading home, so obviously they need to get that camera working now.  

safe journey back and thanks for the update!

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

Did they just defy the council decision to remove it, then? Or was there an update to that.

Had the slight issue of COVID, which has probably given them a little breather. Also can't take down in the autumn/winter because of wet fields, as they need a crane.

1 minute ago, Sku said:

Just dropping by to mention how much I too miss the webcam.

I have it bookmarked, and have always checked in on it regularly throughout the year, whether the festival is being built or not. It would be great to have it back again.

maybe worth an email if you get a few spare mins ... cant do any harm 

• Upvote 1