Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

I suspect it is a combination of reasons including insurance and uncertain border policies. Mounting a European tour by a US band is a logistical challenge at the best of times, but when you throw in a pandemic that is still very much ongoing, pushing it back a year is possibly the only option.

But last Summer, Brad Whitford said the band would never play again anyway...

Also, you only need one band member who is choosing not to vaccinate for any reason, and that would kibosh things pretty easily. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

The idea of Tyler or Perry not taking the vaxx is fantastic. Dunno if its true but I hope it is.

No way was I suggesting this was the case with Aerosmith, and they do have 5 members anyway, but in a country where 1 in 3 of the population are not fully vaccinated, it stands to reason that some touring musicians are going to be amongst that lot.

That said, I am pretty sure we won't be getting a Ted Nugent European tour any time soon...

13 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

No way was I suggesting this was the case with Aerosmith, and they do have 5 members anyway, but in a country where 1 in 3 of the population are not fully vaccinated, it stands to reason that some touring musicians are going to be amongst that lot.

That said, I am pretty sure we won't be getting a Ted Nugent European tour any time soon...

You're right though the risk is still huge. If a tour costs a few 100k a week to keep on the road - which it does for the big acts - and theres a covid breakout within the touring party and they all get stuck in Utrecht for 10 days due to some new restrictions the entire tour could be in the bin. Millions lost. 

2023 for most big US acts so.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Surely their bodies are so toxic they’d be immune to Covid? Can Covid survive a 80% bourbon & 20% cocaine solution? 

Think you may need to flip those percentages.....

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Lionel Ritchie has cancelled his tour postponed from 2020, was supposed to be seeing him in Belfast at the beginning of June. Cancelled with refunds as opposed to postponed as it has been for the last 2 years.

Rats! Was considering hitting up the IOW festival to see him. That line-up just looks shitter and shitter...

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No Aerosmith? I can see Biffy getting the call. And although I was looking forward to seeing them I wouldn’t be too unhappy about that😉

They're headlining Download earlier in the month - no idea if that's a festival exclusive, though.

As it's mid-afternoon on the pyramid, maybe someone lower down the bill? Airbourne or The Darkness perhaps?

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I can't see any reason to cry foul here. They're choosing to stay in a single location, playing shows in an environment that they fully control - as opposed to dealing with International travel and encountering countless new people in every hotel and venue that they go to. Given that COVID is still a thing, and they're still ancient, it makes all the sense in the world.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...