Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

The website hasn't been updated for quite a while.

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/2-weekends-programme-202x2

If you click on one of the acts that are listed there you'll be directed to the particular artist-page; but if you click on one of the bands were confirmed in December 2021 (Wet Leg etc.) you'll be directed to...nowhere.  And on Phoenix' artist-page their second gig is not mentioned yet.

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

they actually mention that this does not mean the end for the band, and that they'll continue with new music and shows.

I don't think this means cancellation at this point, a lot of time till June

Finding a new singer and rehearsing all the material with them before the scheduled dates this year sounds quite unlikely. I'm not very optimistic about this. Also, while being a great band in many ways, Isaacs Singing is what tied their sound together for me. 

https://cat.elpais.com/cat/2022/01/28/actualidad/1643357558_837314.html

[quote]The situation of macrofestivals is complicated today. A panel with European festivals took place at the Eurosonic in Groningen 11 days ago where the development of this season has been discussed. Marta Pallarès, international press officer for Primavera Sound, took part in the meeting, pointing out some of the most immediate problems: “Great American artists are waiting to see how this wave is resolved and have not yet sent us the technical requirements of their assemblies, when normally by these dates we already had them. We also have a significant shortage of suppliers of all kinds: the covid-19 crisis has taken over companies and, on top of that, we all have to deal with the pandemic, ”he says. And he adds: “There is already talk of creating covid coordinationto fit the requirements of artists, the government of the Generalitat and the festival itself ”. There is also the strictly human factor: "There is a lack of staff to fill the most specialized jobs that require the assembly of a festival."[/quote]

Interesting...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

A friend with a weekend one ticket (originally bought in 2019) just got an email saying he has a Weekend One + Two ticket now. He hasn't upgraded so reckon this is a mistake, or are they handing out free upgrades? He said he's been sent a code which can be used to "validate the ticket" in march

I got one saying I had 1 full weekend. 

Actually have 2 VIPs for W1.

Yeah mine is wrong too, but I wouldn't make too much out of it. These mails have always been confusing. My assumption is that upgrades and new bought tix are already registered in DICE and the mails go out to those who've had tickets before. 

Everyone who isn't on Dice yet, will have their tickets transferred in March. Guess that'll clear up the confusion around it.