Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Sounds a tad hypocritical when I sat on the fence for so long, but is there anyone who isn't now 100% confident that G2022 will go ahead? 

Barring unforeseen circumstances that can occur in any year that is.....

I think so. I started at 50% about a year ago and have been increasing by 0.1% everyday since (give or take some dodgy maths), coming on here posting an increased certainty helped to keep my moral up throughout the highs and lows! 

Not quite ready to go full 100% but for now I'll say 92.2%.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

100% happening

but… there’s going to be a shit load of acts who don’t make it onto the lineup I think.

Yep. Either the poster will be released soon with a ginormous asterisk on it or they leave it until as late as possible for the big release and just appease the masses with a couple of key announcements over the coming weeks 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep. Either the poster will be released soon with a ginormous asterisk on it or they leave it until as late as possible for the big release and just appease the masses with a couple of key announcements over the coming weeks 

Expecting a sledgehammer to what we have. Not all US acts will go, but I reckon a fair amount will.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Expecting a sledgehammer to what we have. Not all US acts will go, but I reckon a fair amount will.

In all honesty, I'm more than happy with a European act centric festival (with a scattering of American artists with fewer logistical challenges). Most of the electronic acts and artists I like are European or already based in and around Europe and if it means giving some UK talent an earlier bump-up to a higher status, I'm all for that too. Running the festival must be hugely difficult at the best of times but they're doing it with one arm tied behind their back and blindfolded right now. I've got no doubt it's 99% on, and whatever they manage to scramble together I'll be grateful for. We might want to lower our expectations slightly for big international names, but it won't take the shine off of the best week of the year 

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

100% happening

but… there’s going to be a shit load of acts who don’t make it onto the lineup I think.

The next couple of weeks are where we need to brace ourselves. If we reach end of Feb and they drop a poster, I’d expect that to remain fairly stable (barring any last minute positive tests). Acts will be cancelling now and not leaving it too much later I don’t think.

100% it’s clearly happening but I’m really starting to fear for Macca.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sunday afternoon? So we’re we! Sat outside as the sun came out. 

Ooh....we were there from just after 1500 -1645....sat just in bar on right with Mrs P. When we arrived there were a couple sat outside at a table on the right just as you walk through the gate....was that you?  If it was you might have seen us walk in...Mrs P had a long white puffa coat on. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

The next couple of weeks are where we need to brace ourselves. If we reach end of Feb and they drop a poster, I’d expect that to remain fairly stable (barring any last minute positive tests). Acts will be cancelling now and not leaving it too much later I don’t think.

100% it’s clearly happening but I’m really starting to fear for Macca.

They may have set the poster drop for Feb but if things start getting shaky I can see it being pushed out.

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ooh....we were there from just after 1500 -1645....sat just in bar on right with Mrs P. When we arrived there were a couple sat outside at a table on the right just as you walk through the gate....was that you?  If it was you might have seen us walk in...Mrs P had a long white puffa coat on. 

We were sitting just opposite the door, around that time.  Couldn’t miss me, orange jacket,  drinking a pint of lager and moaning to Mrs c how much they charged for a non alcoholic ginger beer! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We were sitting just opposite the door, around that time.  Couldn’t miss me, orange jacket,  drinking a pint of lager and moaning to Mrs c how much they charged for a non alcoholic ginger beer! 

Might have missed you then somehow.....there was no-one outside when we emerged so possible we arrived before you guys then left after you did.

Mrs P and me were deep in conversation about my impending early retirement so I might otherwise have checked the boards and seen you were in the area.  That would have been cool if we'd realised we were in the same pub! Small world though.

Enjoy the rest of your visit 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Might have missed you then somehow.....there was no-one outside when we emerged so possible we arrived before you guys then left after you did.

Mrs P and me were deep in conversation about my impending early retirement so I might otherwise have checked the boards and seen you were in the area.  That would have been cool if we'd realised we were in the same pub! Small world though.

Enjoy the rest of your visit 🙂

your Impending retirement discussions, we had them almost two years ago and that’s why we can now spend late January wandering about Pilton!