Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Does that effectively say whole tour ie cancelled?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is with deep regret we must announce that our European Tour, scheduled to take place in June and July 2022, has been cancelled. <a href="https://t.co/53ceJ2Fjzw">pic.twitter.com/53ceJ2Fjzw</a></p>&mdash; Aerosmith (@Aerosmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/Aerosmith/status/1488243962813034505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Big shame this, especially as it was obviously such an out-there and unlikely booking in the first place, and then to be rebooked for this year after 2020 didn’t go ahead as well. Can’t imagine they’ll still be on board for next year, especially after the rumblings a while back of them possibly calling it quits (or was it just the drummer not wanting to tour?) but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Unlikely to have a relevance to Glastonbury, but I’m concerned the expected Springsteen tour may be in jeopardy. May explain the delay in them confirming the European tour. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's already been dabbed down until 2023.

Edited by dentalplan

16 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My girlfriend got us tickets to see them in Sheffield on 1st July and she’s had a notification from Ticketmaster to say it’s cancelled (NOT postponed) and money will be refunded etc.

Sounds like more to it, possibly vaccination issues? Mighty Mighty Bosstones have not only cancelled Slam Dunk but disbanded as touring not currently an option. 

15 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Sounds like more to it, possibly vaccination issues? Mighty Mighty Bosstones have not only cancelled Slam Dunk but disbanded as touring not currently an option. 

Seems like a fringe case that one.

I think Aerosmith were doing a lot of their own shows around Europe. Like Springsteen was due to. Just one or two festivals and then their own dates. Those type of tours are probably most at peril of losing money from any changes in restrictions, whereas festivals provide all the staging and so on.

I guess it's fortunate that most acts that will be playing Glastonbury are doing festival tours or big tours of the UK, and won't be as heavily affected by criss-crossing between their own shows around Europe.

Doesn't do much to explain QOTSA, but then that could be Josh's court battle. Or that could be vaccine stuff too - Josh wouldn't surprise me, being a Libertarian and all that. Fuck knows.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Aerosmith were doing a lot of their own shows around Europe. Like Springsteen was due to. Just one or two festivals and then their own dates. Those type of tours are probably most at peril of losing money from any changes in restrictions, whereas festivals provide all the staging and so on.

I guess it's fortunate that most acts that will be playing Glastonbury are doing festival tours or big tours of the UK, and won't be as heavily affected by criss-crossing between their own shows around Europe.

Doesn't do much to explain QOTSA, but then that could be Josh's court battle. Or that could be vaccine stuff too - Josh wouldn't surprise me, being a Libertarian and all that. Fuck knows.

Yes good points, either way disappointing as was a big catch get them to play under Macca and Noel. 

Do we think these cancellations from US artists and ongoing Covid travel uncertainty may lead to a delay in the poster drop? Surely it's easier PR wise for the festival to not release the lineup until acts are more certain about whether they will actually be able to make it than releasing the poster and then getting cancellations? People can't be annoyed if an act cancels before the poster is released

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Do we think these cancellations from US artists and ongoing Covid travel uncertainty may lead to a delay in the poster drop? Surely it's easier PR wise for the festival to not release the lineup until acts are more certain about whether they will actually be able to make it than releasing the poster and then getting cancellations? People can't be annoyed if an act cancels before the poster is released

Its the real world, there's chances of acts cancelling for what ever reason weeks leading up to the festival. A headliner could get covid at a tour date the week of the festival. Holding the poster back for more possible cancelations is silly to me. 

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh bloody hell, double hit, I didn’t know about QOTSA either. I’m not saying you’ve ruining my life @dentalplan but…

1 hour ago, tigger123 said:

I posted this is another thread but it's unlikely, last year Latitude announced 2 months beforehand and still had acts pull out mere days before the festival and several over the actual weekend. Also we still have no clue how summer will pan out so it makes more sense to release the lineup and have strong backups if needed 

Doesn’t it come down to promoters struggling to get insurance which determines if big shows are viable or not for bands? 
I can understand if Aerosmith saw a risk in committing to their own tour in case of Covid cancelling some shows and hence the need for insurance. 
But if we assume that festivals look after their own insurance then it does seem a bit weird for bands to be cancelling festivals, unless they’re worried about catching it and then having to quarantine for a few days when they could be elsewhere. Or maybe they’re just getting on a bit and can’t be bothered with the travel for a couple of festival gigs. 
It’s a real shame anyway, was looking forward to seeing them after a 34 year gap since I last saw them. 

Edited by chrislfc

36 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

Doesn’t it come down to promoters struggling to get insurance which determines if big shows are viable or not for bands? 
I can understand if Aerosmith saw a risk in committing to their own tour in case of Covid cancelling some shows and hence the need for insurance. 
But if we assume that festivals look after their own insurance then it does seem a bit weird for bands to be cancelling festivals, unless they’re worried about catching it and then having to quarantine for a few days when they could be elsewhere. Or maybe they’re just getting on a bit and can’t be bothered with the travel for a couple of festival gigs. 
It’s a real shame anyway, was looking forward to seeing them after a 34 year gap since I last saw them. 

insurance is usually a thing for covering the costs for cancelled shows, but the band wouldnt have the cost of cancelled shows, cos the festivals have those costs, not the acts booked to play a festival.

Edited by Neil