news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I thought Starmer’s response was dignified and statesmanlike - and showed up Spaffer’s fake sincerity for what it was.

What did Brexit have to do with anything today? That’s all he has, isn’t it? Bringing that up and Tory Savile (surely another lie in the Commons) was a desperate attempt to appeal to the BorisBoys who love everything he says.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Man I'm furious. He's not remotely apologetic. Look at his face while Starmer is talking.

I've tried to avoid taking this too personally but my mum died in hospital last summer and I wasn't allowed to visit because of Covid rules and honestly I'm fucking fuming. 

I’m really sorry to hear this, I hope you are ok. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I thought Starmer’s response was dignified and statesmanlike - and showed up Spaffer’s fake sincerity for what it was.

What did Brexit have to do with anything today? That’s all he has, isn’t it? Bringing that up and Tory Savile (surely another lie in the Commons) was a desperate attempt to appeal to the BorisBoys who love everything he says.

The Saville situ was that they looked into it at the time and no one was reporting anything.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm doing okay yeah, thanks. Really didn't want to make it about me, apologies. I did post about it quite a bit back then as well. It's just the fucking double standards that really grate.

Don’t apologise for that, we’d be here for you but understand where you are coming from. Best wishes to you and your family ❤️

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, Ozanne said:

The Tories are in a right state if they don’t act after this dumpster fire. 

Surely they are plotting - Theresa and the head of the Covid Recovery Group both going for him (the latter asking him to answer Diane Abbot’s question) surely breaks through - even to people without backbones.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Bring up the Russia/Ukraine thing...that's what we need, a pissed party clown as PM during a time of crisis.

That's the point I don't think the opposition are making enough. Boris resigning is so urgent and so critical because he can't be trusted to deal with Russia/Ukraine and the cost of living crisis.