news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, jparx said:

“Failure of leadership” is pretty strong for a heavily redacted report.

It doesn’t mean anything without examples behind it. It’s just words. Of course he should go over that but with all things considered he’ll be let off over it. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

No. I got this wrong. Police are investigating all parties except these. So they are also investigating the one on 13th Nov 2020 in PM's flat. Hmmm...juicy.

12 out of 16 are going to the police. Includng one in the PM's flat.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So I was right all along. The report is pretty useless and doesn’t really tell us anything we didn’t know already. It doesn’t say anything specific. This will exonerate Johnson, which is what it was intended to do. 

I'm not sure ...it kind of says that there were loads of parties and consumption of alcohol and a failure of leadership...which implies Johnson knew about it and lied. Also says that this is just an update, police are investigating most of the parties including one in PM's flat, and full report to come (maybe/hopefully). I don't think it looks great for Johnson, but don't think it will be enough for his party to kick him out, not yet anyway.

Edited by steviewevie

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So I was right all along. The report is pretty useless and doesn’t really tell us anything we didn’t know already. It doesn’t say anything specific. This will exonerate Johnson, which is what it was intended to do. 

I think you are on your own on this .... IT says what it was able to say and even heavier language than expected ... this puts Boris Johnson back under the cosh ... are you watching some of the responses on the news ? 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Don’t get me wrong, it is damning and should lead to any world leader leaving office but we are in Johnson’s Britain where this won’t make any difference.

It needed specific examples and the Met have bailed him out. It’s a cover up. 

What's left out should be damning enough by default.

Quite interesting seeing AnnexB about timeline of regulations...and how strict they were in spring 2020 in first lockdown...remembering when we were only allowed out once a day for exercise...one of the rules that I broke daily as I walked dog in morning and then went for a run later on...hope the police don't find out.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Quite interesting seeing AnnexB about timeline of regulations...and how strict they were in spring 2020 in first lockdown...remembering when we were only allowed out once a day for exercise...one of the rules that I broke daily as I walked dog in morning and then went for a run later on...hope the police don't find out.

@CRESIDA DICK 

The police are investigating the PM for illegal gatherings in his own flat ( 12 of them altogether in this house!) isnt great for Bojo clearly.

the more the Torys have to defend him, the worse its going to be for them. BJ is a busted flush

Edited by zahidf

Just now, JoeyT said:

What's left out should be damning enough by default.

Yes I agree completely but with Johnson you need something specific with actual evidence otherwise he’ll lie his way out of it. He plays the system by doing that and weasels out of it.

Just now, steviewevie said:

I had an argument with my wife because I went out for a run in the morning and then wanted to take our 3 month old daughter out for a walk in the pram in the afternoon.

Parks were literally locked shut ffs. It's embarrasing.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's therefore confirmed within this report that he lied to the house which is a resignation matter if i'm not mistaken?

Starmer needs to come out and hammer that big time. As is usually the case with Johnson, he's obviously lied but it's not quite red handed. You have to piece it together to see the lies, which outlets like the BBC will never do properly. Starmer needs to make sure he doesn't have a get out and spell it out clearly that he's a liar.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's therefore confirmed within this report that he lied to the house which is a resignation matter if i'm not mistaken?

I guess we need to know which of these parties he was at, or knew about..? Even the one in his flat, he could have been away and Carrie had some friends round for drinkies darling like she's apparently minded to do.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Don’t get me wrong, it is damning and should lead to any world leader leaving office but we are in Johnson’s Britain where this won’t make any difference.

It needed specific examples and the Met have bailed him out. It’s a cover up. 

well...at moment the judge and jury are the Tory MPs, and they have more to think about than whether he is actually guilty or not. I guess eventually the public will decide...but by then they may have forgotten about all this.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess we need to know which of these parties he was at, or knew about..? Even the one in his flat, he could have been away and Carrie had some friends round for drinkies darling like she's apparently minded to do.

In which case he either throws himself under the bus or his Wife...

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, and these ones gone to the cops...

15 May 2020
27 November 2020
10 December 2020
15 December 2020

Says the opposite doesn't it? These four are the ones they aren't investigating. She says she has chosen not to provide details on them though as she cannot do so "without detriment to the overall balance of the findings".

I think the language is quite strong in places. I do think Boris will ride it out though.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I had an argument with my wife because I went out for a run in the morning and then wanted to take our 3 month old daughter out for a walk in the pram in the afternoon.

Parks were literally locked shut ffs. It's embarrasing.

My missus and daughter drove to a park to walk the dog...and got told off by a policeman. He was the closest human they had been to on the walk. That was in the stupid days when there was footage of people breaking rules to go on isolated walks in peak district or whatever.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

In which case he either throws himself under the bus or his Wife...

Yeah I think it's still a resignation matter if it does turn out it's all just Carrie hosting these parties. Which it obviously wasn't anyway.