Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

27 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Arghhh! BCNR are my favourite band at the moment, this is terrible news. I wonder what's happened, hope he's alright. He sounded a lot more positive on the second album compared to the first, so I don't know what could have happened.

It's a decision made over a number of months rather than an immediate decision. Have to be grateful for the two albums he worked with the band on and acknowledge that mental health takes priority over everything, especially in a position of fame that wasn't really wanted from himself. Hope he can take some time and feel better 

Devastated by the BC,NR news. All the best to Isaac (and the rest of the band).

He initially seemed an awkward fit as singer (after stepping up), but outwardly appeared to grow into that role recently. That obviously wasn't the case inside himself and both performing and such a statement and decision take a huge amount of courage. 

Three things in the band's favour - whilst being the singer, Isaac was never the 'lead' in the band (Lewis likely in that role); plus they've dealt with losing a singer before (in very different circumstances); and they're instrumentally dominant, likely partially as a result of the first two factors, but also because they're fantastic musicians. 

Looking forward to the album, but that'll be bitter sweet now, and also what they get up to next. 

5 minutes ago, JHad said:

Devastated by the BC,NR news. All the best to Isaac (and the rest of the band).

He initially seemed an awkward fit as singer (after stepping up), but outwardly appeared to grow into that role recently. That obviously wasn't the case inside himself and both performing and such a statement and decision take a huge amount of courage. 

Three things in the band's favour - whilst being the singer, Isaac was never the 'lead' in the band (Lewis likely in that role); plus they've dealt with losing a singer before (in very different circumstances); and they're instrumentally dominant, likely partially as a result of the first two factors, but also because they're fantastic musicians. 

Looking forward to the album, but that'll be bitter sweet now, and also what they get up to next. 

Maybe something else to add is there are other singers in the band, Georgia has her own band in Jockstrap where she sings in. I'm confident in them that they'll get through it.

Damn that’s a shiter, especially with the yet-to-be released next album really shaping up to be AOTY contender type stuff. Not to diminish his role in the band, but I guess his style of vocals won’t be particularly hard to replace/replicate going forward. Good luck to them, and best wishes to him. 

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Maybe something else to add is there are other singers in the band, Georgia has her own band in Jockstrap where she sings in. I'm confident in them that they'll get through it.

Very true! Tyler has also performed solo recently as 'Tyler Cryde'. Plenty of collaborators too - Ethan P Flynn jumps to mind - although I don't expect they'll want to go down a 'replacement' route. 

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm guessing he won't get an invite

He did issue a public apology. He’s spoken about his regret. He did the time given to him by the court.

I’m not defending his actions but that Instagram post just seems like a very sensationalised response to him announcing a tour, to which it’s anyones choice whether to go or not.

And happily, a lot of people are choosing not to - seeing that his hometown show still has tickets available, when his band sold out 50k on the day two years ago. So his ‘cancellation’ is more visible than they think.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

He did issue a public apology. He’s spoken about his regret. He did the time given to him by the court.

I’m not defending his actions but that Instagram post just seems like a very sensationalised response to him announcing a tour, to which it’s anyones choice whether to go or not.

And happily, a lot of people are choosing not to - seeing that his hometown show still has tickets available, when his band sold out 50k on the day two years ago. So his ‘cancellation’ is more visible than they think.

He also had alcohol issues and since been diagnosed with ADHD and got clean from alcohol. Tom and his wife are now married. 

Peaches, the feminist icon & pop provocateur announces ‘The Teaches of Peaches Anniversary Tour’ 2022,

Brighton Dome, 10 June
London Royal Festival Hall, 11 (Grace Jones’ Meltdown Festival)
Glasgow SWG3 Galvanizers, 13
Manchester O2 Ritz, 14
Liverpool Invisible Wind Factory, 15
Bristol The Marble Factory, 16

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Peaches, the feminist icon & pop provocateur announces ‘The Teaches of Peaches Anniversary Tour’ 2022,

Brighton Dome, 10 June
London Royal Festival Hall, 11 (Grace Jones’ Meltdown Festival)
Glasgow SWG3 Galvanizers, 13
Manchester O2 Ritz, 14
Liverpool Invisible Wind Factory, 15
Bristol The Marble Factory, 16

I seem to remember her having dates in the run up to 2020 too...

3 hours ago, foolee said:

He also had alcohol issues and since been diagnosed with ADHD and got clean from alcohol. Tom and his wife are now married. 

This is an awful take before you bring ADHD into it, let alone after. Undiagnosed ADHD does not make someone beat their girlfriend.

• Downvote 1