Football 2021/2022

jyoung

19 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

While I see your point, at the same time I don't want Man U to have to pay him off millions of pounds just to get rid of the situation. They will have to follow legal process whatever that is.

legal process will allow them to sack hium off for his bad behaviour.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:35 AM, Neil said:

playing walking football again this morning, i've barely recovered from last week,  hopefully i'll build my strength up pretty quickly.

cos we're old gits one of the lads has the same heart device as eiksen, so he's allowed to play with us unless we move to italy.

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Greenwood stuff is horrible. It’s been taken down now but yesterday the Mail had a story about her dad claiming her IG account was hacked and how she never wanted these images shared etc.

I think it was more she claimed it was hacked to her Dad, but she really put the stuff up.

Either way, urgh. Poor girl.

Interesting that hes been warned a few times by the club about his behaviour. And seems Ronaldo doesn't like him. 

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Interesting that hes been warned a few times by the club about his behaviour. And seems Ronaldo doesn't like him. 

England too. After the Iceland thing Foden got another chance but it seems Southgate doesn’t think he’s worth it.

I don't think the audio evidence is admissible, as he can deny it's him and it's not easily provable beyond all doubt that it's him, even though we all know it is. 

This is based on being told as much by the police last summer, after my next door neighbour cut a foot off the end of our decking to enlarge his garden. We had audio of him threatening to do it, and CCTV of him doing it. However, he only partially dismantled our fence and then pushed it into our garden to gain access to the decking so the CCTV only showed the top of his head. Police said he could claim it wasn't him, even though the evidence VERY clearly showed it was him. I guess there are parallels with this case in that it's blatantly obvious to all who've seen / heard the evidence what has happened - but in a court of law it could be successfully rebutted because oft he burden of proof. 

Sadly I don't think a conviction is a foregone conclusion. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I think it was more she claimed it was hacked to her Dad, but she really put the stuff up.

Either way, urgh. Poor girl.

I’m not sure that reflects brilliantly on the club?

Interesting about Ronaldo given his history of allegations…

14 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Lee Hughes still ended up having a career in the lower leagues. Shame on the clubs that employed him.

The Greenwood stuff is horrible. It’s been taken down now but yesterday the Mail had a story about her dad claiming her IG account was hacked and how she never wanted these images shared etc.

Lee Hughes was a hugely different situation though? Dangerous (drink?) driving is idiotic and he deserved his sentence, but it's not the same issue of morality.

59 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Lee Hughes was a hugely different situation though? Dangerous (drink?) driving is idiotic and he deserved his sentence, but it's not the same issue of morality.

Similar to that Plymouth keeper Luke McCormick. It's the poor decision making and the terrible outcome at the end, but there was never an intention to cause harm. 

there was a player at the baggies called paddy Grealish, no relation to jack, who was a pisshead, and crashed his car into my misses, she now cringes every time she hears jack grealish's name. pisshead players is a thing. and a trouble for those who meet them.

11 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Greenwood is a unique case that the evidence is all over social media, especially the audio which has horrified the general public and linked to greenwood.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:02 PM, kaosmark2 said:

The worst part with Hughes was that he fled the scene and left the guy there to die. Didn't come forward until the next day when he had presumably sobered up.

I'd say that's a pretty big  issue of morality.

I was intrigued on deadline day by Everton agreeing a sort of buy now pay later deal for Dele Alli. Even when knowing most transfers are now done in instalments, it is still something Spurs were that desperate to get rid of a man who was once a star player that they were willing to accept a free up front and broker a pay-by-appearances thing.

It certainly is fair Dele needed a reboot. Since Poch left Spurs he's just not really done as well as he did when he first burst up from MK Dons to scoring over 10 goals a season as a Premier League midfielder. Though I do find it curious that he started off at MK Dons as a deeper midfielder yet a lot now see him as somebody who doesn't suit that kind arole.