The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Wandering around the public footpaths this morning and peering at the site it’s incredible how green and lush the grass is.  Lots of activity as well, looks like a bit of work going on in the woods, clearing branches etc.  

the weather will be great, just know it will be !  
2C889CAD-68A9-421B-8BCD-6B4805C0D16F.thumb.jpeg.2a1435db626e46ab41362dd401d11a17.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s how we felt after losing our daft big golden retriever. All that’s left are great memories and a gnawed skirting board. 

We got a dog about 7 months ago...he's already a firm fixture in the immediate and extended family and now suddenly a lot of our time revolves around looking after him (which is fine 🙂

I already worry for the day that he goes and my girlfriend will probably collapse in an emotional mess given I''ve now been moved off the sofa and demoted to the the side chair, and he sits on it on a rug and gets his ears stroked each evening by her! 

Edited by gooner1990

55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Wandering around the public footpaths this morning and peering at the site it’s incredible how green and lush the grass is.  Lots of activity as well, looks like a bit of work going on in the woods, clearing branches etc.  

the weather will be great, just know it will be !  
2C889CAD-68A9-421B-8BCD-6B4805C0D16F.thumb.jpeg.2a1435db626e46ab41362dd401d11a17.jpeg

Ash dieback … ? I know they were having to cut quite a lot back 

59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s how we felt after losing our daft big golden retriever. All that’s left are great memories and a gnawed skirting board. 

We were lucky, in that the stairs he ate had no carpet on them , until later when he'd grown up a bit. I still find his hairs occasionally 😥

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 2:55 PM, Smeble said:

Due a wet one surely, wasn’t 2016 the last wet one?

FFS don’t say that, I haven’t been since 2016 and the mud that year nearly did me in. 😭 A 6 year break and the first festival back another soggy one would be too cruel. 

8 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I do love me a weather thread.

I'm mentally preparing myself for a wet one this year but if I'm being honest, I don't really care as long as it's not extremely hot or extremely wet.  All that matters is that we'll all be there come June.

I feel like prepare for a wet one is the way to go. Then you can be pleasantly surprised seeing the forecast a week out. 

Take trainers, wellies and hiking boots, leave one in the car.

I'll never forget 2005, the best time I have ever had at a festival!! Think 2010 was horrendously hot, couldn't sleep in the tent after sunrise and no shade on the site. For a good weather year it needs to be mixed? Was it 2008 where we had mixed weather and it was bang on?

2 hours ago, The Dawg said:

I'll never forget 2005, the best time I have ever had at a festival!! Think 2010 was horrendously hot, couldn't sleep in the tent after sunrise and no shade on the site. For a good weather year it needs to be mixed? Was it 2008 where we had mixed weather and it was bang on?

I’d say the perfect weather is dry but not too hot. You want it to be warm enough to be able wander around in shorts and t-shirts all day but not so hot that it becomes uncomfortable, as you say, shade is a premium out there. Being dry is a non-negotiable too, being able to sit on the ground is a game changer and makes or breaks the weekend.

TLDR: Dry, about 22-25 degrees, some cloud every now and then and a cool breeze.