The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

It’s that time I think to get this thread started- it’s a blue sky sunny day here in the South West and I am feeling optimistic. 
Our friends in the north obviously not so much what with  having a great stormy time this weekend. 
But nevertheless let’s kick off 2022 with the traditional roller coaster of a thread - I give you 

The Weather Thread 2022! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Due a wet one surely, wasn’t 2016 the last wet one? Even the fallow and cancelled years were predominantly dry, although I’d moved from the area before last year so I can’t vouch for that one.

even if it is a wet one everyone will be so happy to be there who cares what the weather is doing.

Edited by Smeble

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

Due a wet one surely, wasn’t 2016 the last wet one? Even the fallow and cancelled years were predominantly dry, although I’d moved from the area before last year so I can’t vouch for that one.

even if it is a wet one everyone will be so happy to be there who cares what the weather is doing.

I’m not sure the due a wet one works though … it’s not relevant what we had previously . Clean slate for 2022 that’s how weather works isn’t it ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m not sure the due a wet one works though … it’s not relevant what we had previously . Clean slate for 2022 that’s how weather works isn’t it ? 

Yes a clean slate is absolutely how the weather works, although weather forecasting does use predicted trends, but to my ultra pessimistic mind if i expect mud I can only be pleasantly surprised when it’s not.😁

Also 66% of the Glastonbury’s I’ve attended have been complete mudfests and having lived locally to the festival I know what Somerset in summer can be like.

Despite pulling massive sulks every morning as the raindrops batter the tent, in hindsight, my best times have always been when it's been wet and/or muddy. Strange. Maybe it's the galvanizing we're-all-in-this-together effect it seems to have. That said, give me 2019 weather all day long. Terrific stuff. 

Although, I'm sure I speak for all ticketless, that the weather is the least of our challenges right now. If I'm contributing to this thread in April, May and June, I'll be happy, come rain or shine.