Aliens at Glastonbury?

Guest RoyC

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

I saw lights over Glastonbury in 2007, 4 in a row, had no idea what they were at the time, almost certainly Chinese lanterns.

whilst I absolutely believe we are not the only intelligent life in the universe I do not believe we are visited by that intelligent life. Not only are inhabitable planets separated by insurmountable distances but by billions of years, the chances of intelligent life existing on a planet close enough to us to be able to get to us at the same time that we exist is zero. 

Why is that last statement classed as 'zero'? Surely an intelligent lifeform does not necessarily have to have the same limited life cycle time restraints that defeats humans - every time!? What if the intelligent life form was a gas, and a gas that would not age a fraction / barely a fraction in all those billions of years?

51 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Why is that last statement classed as 'zero'? Surely an intelligent lifeform does not necessarily have to have the same limited life cycle time restraints that defeats humans - every time!? What if the intelligent life form was a gas, and a gas that would not age a fraction / barely a fraction in all those billions of years?

Ok practically zero, but why does your gas have an  near infinite lifespan? Outside of Star Trek could a gas even be intelligent? And even if it did live forever it may not be able to leave its planet or wherever it lives or could be so far away that it will never get to us before we go the way of the dinosaurs. Who knows? My point was yes aliens exist, have existed, will exist but what they aren’t doing is flying over us, probing some crows and occasionally crashing.

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Ok practically zero, but why does your gas have an  near infinite lifespan? Outside of Star Trek could a gas even be intelligent? And even if it did live forever it may not be able to leave its planet or wherever it lives or could be so far away that it will never get to us before we go the way of the dinosaurs. Who knows? My point was yes aliens exist, have existed, will exist but what they aren’t doing is flying over us, probing some crows and occasionally crashing.

I understand fully what you are saying. I don't know whether i agree or not, as I really haven't a notion - through my scientific education or personal experience. All I was trying to suggest (I think) was that affording the likelihood of aliens ever visiting us / crashing surely cannot be zero rated. Can a gas be intelligent. Maybe. If we apply our own current laws of physics etc, then the answer would, currently, be a 'no'. 

However, it appears to me that 'new' breakthroughs are made in related fields continuously. These often (I think) mean that we have to re-appraise our stance within certain fields. that we have to do this doesn't only show an increased knowledge, but also goes someway to saying that our previous stance was not right. For 'not right', see 'wrong'.

In addition, again, we cannot rebut the potential of an intelligent gas existing, and travelling, and not altering, over billions of years. the physics laws that we do have are the ones that we do have. However, that is not to say that they are extensive - or that they even apply somewhere else in space - and possibly time too.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Corbyn being on a glasto stage was an alien to me... 

Leave it to bands.... Like these 

Imo 

Glasto has a history of giving stage space to largely left-leaning speakers. In the 1980’s it was quite usual to have Tony Benn, Bruce Kent or Paddy Pants-down giving a speech before introducing Half Man Half Biscuit

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Odd take … did you oppose the David Attenborough speech to a packed pyramid field ? He’s as much a legend as some of the musical acts to hit that stage 

Actually I did and that Bob geldof... Sir amazing David should have been on say the other stage the park and the acoustic whereas c**t Bob should be shot 

Ok a bit harsh but I'm tired out lol 

Left at the end gate..... 

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Man I’m in stitches at this:

My most memorable festival? Buxton 1973 in the p***ing rain, watching Alex Harvey as the local branch of the Hell's Angels decided to re-enact Altamont. That was quite memorable. Some people had tents. I've never been a great one for preparation and I'd got a big bin-bag, so I pretended to be a corpse as the motor cycles whizzed past. It was a great bill that year. It was the one with Chuck Berry. Chuck Berry took it quite well at first. But when he was doing the duck walk, it turned into a conga line of Hell's Angels behind him doing the duck walk. He literally walked off the stage, got in the car and never came back to Buxton

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Man I’m in stitches at this:

My most memorable festival? Buxton 1973 in the p***ing rain, watching Alex Harvey as the local branch of the Hell's Angels decided to re-enact Altamont. That was quite memorable. Some people had tents. I've never been a great one for preparation and I'd got a big bin-bag, so I pretended to be a corpse as the motor cycles whizzed past. It was a great bill that year. It was the one with Chuck Berry. Chuck Berry took it quite well at first. But when he was doing the duck walk, it turned into a conga line of Hell's Angels behind him doing the duck walk. He literally walked off the stage, got in the car and never came back to Buxton

Happy to be of some service to someone. I hadn't actually read the whole link that I posted. It is for odd (in the head) reasons that I stumbled across it. I merely thought some would find whatever it contained (in detail) interesting because of this thread. That's not to say that I wasn't trying to see what #things# would come up if I did a search on something alien connected to do with Glastonbury - because I did.*

* I own the UK trademark for a most famous 'connection' to do with ufo's, aliens etc It was looking for any connection with the trademark and  Glastonbury that I saw the contents of my previously posted link. 

PS - I wasn't thinking of anything legally minded. I was just kind of playing a one armed bandit, and seeing what would come up.

PPS - This band also came up while on the same search;

Now to some that might seem a little scary. Does it? Or am I just a scardey cat? The thing is, I watched the Omen at my cousins house one night when very young. When the film (which I had no idea what it was going to be about) ended, I had to run home to my house on the same road. Linford Fucking christie couldn't have run faster than me then. i was off like a rocket with my ringpiece puttering away like thwe twitching of a rabbits nose. Anyway, that might have affected me - somewhat.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I may have been there. It's hard to say, really, for a number of reasons. I also may, or may not, have witnessed strange lights in the sky above the festival. Again, it's hard to say whether I did or didn't for a number of reasons. Talk about talking for talking's sake. Sorry, that really wasn't a 'proper' answer, was it? It was the best that I could proffer though, if that's any good to anybody!

Do you recall the shooting ? - see below

On 1/29/2022 at 11:39 AM, blutarsky said:

Also, found this: https://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/08/17/ufo.sightings/index.html

Was anyone there? 1994 so I reckon @glasto-worker is our best bet. 

1994 the year sadly the Pyramid stage burnt down - due to the shooting { where I believe 5 people were shot ' but how badly I cant say ' but I know they were taken to a nearby hospital to recover. } on the evening of Saturday 25th of June 1994 - I can actually place where I was working that night as Security staff radio's went crazy - the bar was between the Pyramid area and Acoustic area { may have been called 'Big Ground' } so we were no where near the shooting but we did get to hear of it and later on many Customers claimed to have seen it although seeing it lasted for a split second I have my doubts if many did. 

I am sure for people who were not there - they may never have heard about the shooting but here it is on the news.

https://youtu.be/fTZM-YV6F8I

as for any UFO - I don't have a clue 

On 2/1/2022 at 8:25 AM, glasto-worker said:

Do you recall the shooting ? - see below

I have a vague memory of a shooting taking place at the festival, but can't recall it being 5 people who were shot. I know that I was there when there was a load of drug dealers touting their wares. However, I had heard that that was one organised gang. They were more than blatant about their drug selling. In fact I recall one year (could have been 1994) when the dealers went through shouting out what wares they had for sale. I remember this because my girlfriend at the time ( a little bit naïve) thought that two blokes shouting out 'rocky' 'sensi' were actually looking for their mates!

I know what I shall do. I shall ask a mate who would have been there for definite, to ask him if I was there. However, he's highly likely to say something along the lines of 'How the fuck do you expect me to remember'? I say that because he used to find drugs quite Moorish, back in the day.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:36 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have a vague memory of a shooting taking place at the festival, but can't recall it being 5 people who were shot. I know that I was there when there was a load of drug dealers touting their wares. However, I had heard that that was one organised gang. They were more than blatant about their drug selling. In fact I recall one year (could have been 1994) when the dealers went through shouting out what wares they had for sale. I remember this because my girlfriend at the time ( a little bit naïve) thought that two blokes shouting out 'rocky' 'sensi' were actually looking for their mates!

I know what I shall do. I shall ask a mate who would have been there for definite, to ask him if I was there. However, he's highly likely to say something along the lines of 'How the fuck do you expect me to remember'? I say that because he used to find drugs quite Moorish, back in the day.

At the time ' even people who were on the spot ' did not have a clue about the numbers - if it happened now they would all be standing their filming it on their Smartphones - if I was there I would be hiding behind the biggest tree I could find.

I quote from

https://www.theguardian.com/music/1994/jun/27/glastonbury2003.glastonbury

"Armed police were called when a man began firing a .45 semi-automatic pistol in a fight near one of the stages at 10pm on Saturday. The injured - a man aged 44 and his wife from Bexleyheath, a woman aged 21 from Sutton Coldfield, a man aged 18 from Birmingham, and a man aged 20 from South Glamorgan - were taken to the Royal United Hospital, Bath.A man aged 30, from London, was last night helping police with inquiries. Another Londoner, aged 26, was released on police bail without charge."

I know we { at the Bar } was on the lookout for a Nutter waving a gun { perhaps trying to jump the queue } because we did not hear that he was arrested. 

----------

will fill you in about ' drug alley ' by e-mail but I know what it was like - although that was more active mainly in the 80's 

I love the bit about you asking a friend ' if you were there ' - that is a cracker.

On 2/4/2022 at 5:33 PM, glasto-worker said:

At the time ' even people who were on the spot ' did not have a clue about the numbers - if it happened now they would all be standing their filming it on their Smartphones - if I was there I would be hiding behind the biggest tree I could find.

I quote from

https://www.theguardian.com/music/1994/jun/27/glastonbury2003.glastonbury

"Armed police were called when a man began firing a .45 semi-automatic pistol in a fight near one of the stages at 10pm on Saturday. The injured - a man aged 44 and his wife from Bexleyheath, a woman aged 21 from Sutton Coldfield, a man aged 18 from Birmingham, and a man aged 20 from South Glamorgan - were taken to the Royal United Hospital, Bath.A man aged 30, from London, was last night helping police with inquiries. Another Londoner, aged 26, was released on police bail without charge."

I know we { at the Bar } was on the lookout for a Nutter waving a gun { perhaps trying to jump the queue } because we did not hear that he was arrested. 

----------

will fill you in about ' drug alley ' by e-mail but I know what it was like - although that was more active mainly in the 80's 

I love the bit about you asking a friend ' if you were there ' - that is a cracker.

Unfortunately my friend can't recall if I was there is 1994 or not.

As an aside, it's not quite Glastonbury, but it would appear that you can stay in a UFO in Somerset;

https://coolmaterial.com/travel/suuronen-futuro-ufo-house-marston-park-somerset-uk/

19 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

As an aside, it's not quite Glastonbury, but it would appear that you can stay in a UFO in Somerset;

https://coolmaterial.com/travel/suuronen-futuro-ufo-house-marston-park-somerset-uk/

it states ' From £400 Sleeps 1 to 5 - looks good but is expensive if there was only the two of you { or in your case 22 !!! with your bunch } + There are no cooking facilities for guests so 'that would put me right off'

8 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

it states ' From £400 Sleeps 1 to 5 - looks good but is expensive if there was only the two of you { or in your case 22 !!! with your bunch } + There are no cooking facilities for guests so 'that would put me right off'

I never looked at the price. I wouldn't be able to sleep of a night if I paid that much just for 2 people!

I went to the Shambala Festival one year and they had an enormous UFO there. The doors opened downwards and were the steps to get into the UFO. Once you walked past the scantily clad 'hostesses' and up into the UFO, it was to see that it was on two levels. The lower level was a dance floor and the upper level was a viewing platform. I did have some photos of it somewhere, but I wouldn't be able to find them in a hurry. Or possibly ever again! I say that because I haven't got a full handle on what happens to my photos. Sometimes I can be trying to do something on the computer and photos will appear that I thought I had lost and certainly aren't in my photo folder. One of these days I'm going to find out that stuff. I bought a Windows book for Dummies to tackle this very issue, but got stuck on this very issue. I'm crap at IT, and that's that, really.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Would love to set that up at the top of the Hill of Death for the week