Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ah bonafide download headliners def leoppard?

Lets be real Aerosmith we’re doing this slot because they probably just wanted to play the festival. It’s not the same pitch to another band.

It's a stretch, admittedly.

But the Lep, hardcore britrock fan boys themselves, turning down an opportunity to play the same stage as Bowie, the Stones, Macca, Ray Davies, etc etc?

I reckon they could be talked into it.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Dunno. I think it was said on Zegut’s radio show rather than online (as I can’t find anything) but it was just that Graspop are looking for a replacement for Aerosmith.

There’s this post on his Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/byzegut#!/story.php?story_fbid=507900000692085&id=100044162693048&m_entstream_source=timeline

There is at least a question mark.

Big shame if this is true.

7B504773-4196-49A4-9B5C-8114ADD70F54.jpeg

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Dunno. I think it was said on Zegut’s radio show rather than online (as I can’t find anything) but it was just that Graspop are looking for a replacement for Aerosmith.

I do agree it’s emblematic of a wider issue for touring bands in summer. Bruce dabbed down his tour, the only real new announcement of any major touring act this month so far has been Harry Styles who was understandably using the Coachella slot as a springboard. The Weeknd’s tour is nowhere to be seen. And January is a crucial month for touring acts making a decision according to actual festival MD’s so you’d expect more… It is definitely a worry that the two remaining headliners (or even both and Billie) dab down but the festival will go on regardless so I’m chillin.

Stop saying dab down. It's not a thing.

• Upvote 2

Just now, maelzoid said:

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but they could have cancelled graspop for any number of reasons that wouldn't necessarily mean the whole tour being canned.

I think this is extreme optimism really. Why grasspop in a few months time but keep the rest of the dates?

Just now, parsonjack said:

Tenacious D are free Sat onwards immediately following a short run of US dates...

Highly doubt a like for like will be drafted in. I think it’s more likely they give the lineup a bit of a reshuffle and let someone play on the pyramid that originally wasn’t. 

The deal they had with Aerosmith was highly contextual, they won’t be able to secure that with someone similar. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Highly doubt a like for like will be drafted in. I think it’s more likely they give the lineup a bit of a reshuffle and let someone play on the pyramid that originally wasn’t. 

The deal they had with Aerosmith was highly contextual, they won’t be able to secure that with someone similar. 

JFC! Tenacious D is not a like for like swap with Aerosmith. One is among the greatest hard rock bands of all time, the other a stand-up comedy act taken too far.

• Like 2