2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

This is a mental opinion.

Yea maybe. Idk. Have seen him twice he is good live but idk, just don’t do it for me as Pyramid headliner. I know he is most streamed artist etc etc just see it as much less exciting than Kenny in my opinion.

But then much more exciting than Killers, Muse etc.

Dunno. Just don’t think anyone matches Kendrick. I want him there so bad, it will be generational. 

EDIT: yea ‘weak’ is harsh. Was comparing to Kendrick and Taylor more, which I would say are huge and a one in a blue moon treat. But that’s jus my opinion. 

Edited by PolygonWindow

I’ve kind of considered The Weeknd an undesirable headliner but that’s based almost entirely on my ignorance of his music. I really enjoyed Dawn FM and it’s Justice type vibes and wouldn’t mind hearing that on the Pyramid. 

But like @PolygonWindow said, it’s more about who he replaces. I’d prefer Kendrick or Taylor over The Weeknd but I’d prefer The Weeknd over any group of white men with guitars. 

Can’t see it happen in 2022 either way. 

Three more days until it’s clear that “soon” doesn’t mean ‘in the same month’. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Does anyone else think Fatboy Slim might get that other headline slot back?

I wondered whether he might be a curveball for opening the Pyramid Stage on the Friday…

Would be a great way to open the festival and I’m sure his ego isn’t too big to consider it.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I wondered whether he might be a curveball for opening the Pyramid Stage on the Friday…

Would be a great way to open the festival and I’m sure his ego isn’t too big to consider it.

Yeah I think a few of us were suggesting/hoping this might’ve been the case in ‘20 but alas it seemingly wasn’t the case. Would be an incredible way to kick off the festival proper, especially for its big comeback. Whole field would be rammed and bouncing.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think a few of us were suggesting/hoping this might’ve been the case in ‘20 but alas it seemingly wasn’t the case. Would be an incredible way to kick off the festival proper, especially for its big comeback. Whole field would be rammed and bouncing.

There is nothing more I want at Glastonbury than a short run of acts on the main stages on the Thursday. I think it would add such a nice dynamic to the festival and maybe give us some really special sets.

My vision is that music starts from like 4pm and there are 4 or so acts on the pyramid stage on the Friday. The goal being that it only books acts that are solid crowd pleasers. They could also give a pyramid set to some acts that would never normally get looked at. Fatboy as a Pyramid sub on the Thursday would be awesome. Imagine the crowd as the sun goes down. 

To visualise here is a fantasy run

Beans on Toast 16:00 - 17:00

Dizzie Rascal 17:45 - 19:00

Fatboy Slim 19:50 - 21:05

The Chemical Brothers 22:15 - 23:45

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There is nothing more I want at Glastonbury than a short run of acts on the main stages on the Thursday. I think it would add such a nice dynamic to the festival and maybe give us some really special sets.

My vision is that music starts from like 4pm and there are 4 or so acts on the pyramid stage on the Friday. The goal being that it only books acts that are solid crowd pleasers. They could also give a pyramid set to some acts that would never normally get looked at. Fatboy as a Pyramid sub on the Thursday would be awesome. Imagine the crowd as the sun goes down. 

+1 on this, would be awesome 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I would love this to happen as well but I can't see it. The issues with the noise and the locals being the main reason but I think also the effect it would have on the rest of the festival. Thursday is great for going round and checking everything out. If there was music on the main stage loads of people would go to it so a lot of the smaller venues that get most their visitors on Thursday would miss out. 

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Does anyone else think Fatboy Slim might get that other headline slot back?

I would lean towards it just because i would consider it kind of rude to take it off him but i'm not complaining if he loses it

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Love the idea of Fatboy kicking off the Other. I do also love the idea of Franz or Supergrass doing it.

Which means obviously we'll all be gutted when Tom Meighan struts out.

On that note, what slot for Kasabian then? Secret set or high Other?