news & politics:discussion

zahidf

16 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Hate to repeat myself but the whole releasing of the redacted report thing stinks. There is no guarantee that final unredacted version will ever be seen.  

if it is seen it wont have the same impact as the moment will have passed.

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Russia and Ukraine, I heard that if going to be an invasion it will be after Putin's visit to China for olympics on 4th, and mid Feb as that's when ice starts to melt and it gets too muddy...

Puts the Government's situation in some perspective doesn't it.

I see Boris is paying the Ukraine visit next week (I wonder why). However, it's never good to out of the Country when your leadership is under threat. That's what done in Thatcher.

Edited by Ommadawn

Just now, Ommadawn said:

I see Boris is paying them a visit next week (I wonder why). However, it's never good to out of the Country when your leadership is under threat. That's what done in Thatcher.

maybe he likes the cold .... and thats why he hides in fridges ?

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

I see Boris is paying the Ukraine visit next week (I wonder why). However, it's never good to out of the Country when your leadership is under threat. That's what done in Thatcher.

the war between Oceania and Eurasia keeping us distracted from the corruption and ever encroaching authoritarianism at home...

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Johnson has awful diplomacy skills, he’s going to do more harm than good out there (if he does anything at all).

He'll do nothing at all. Russia is not concerned about the UK in the slightest. They're barely concerned about Europe at all, hence the lack of involvement in the recent talks. Its just window dressing, allowed by the Americans to protect our pride in what remains of our international influence.