Coach ticket conundrum

upshitcreek

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

It could be worse... I've had to drive home immediately on the Sunday night and be in work for 8am Monday the last two festivals! 😂

Ouch! For ‘16 and ‘17 we had a leisurely lie in, watched all the campervan pack up and leave, have a late breakfast/early lunch, leave about 1pm and arrive home home at 1.30pm. This year we will have to drive back to Luxembourg. Not particularly looking forward to that.

I will use this post for asking as it's kinda related. 

I have coach tickets booked from London on Wednesday. We live overseas so if I understand correctly for the coach tickets we don't need to select a shipping ticket option as the tickets will be given by the bus driver on the way? Is that correct? 

And another question is about the balance payment living out of UK as I don't find this info clearly in the web. For the booking we were only allowed to do it using a credit card but for the balance do you have idea if it's possible using debit? 

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I have coach tickets booked from London on Wednesday. We live overseas so if I understand correctly for the coach tickets we don't need to select a shipping ticket option as the tickets will be given by the bus driver on the way? Is that correct? 

I confirm you'll get the tickets on the bus and don't need to worry about shipping.  No idea re payment question.

23 minutes ago, Butterz said:

I confirm you'll get the tickets on the bus and don't need to worry about shipping.  No idea re payment question.

Thanks for the reply 😃 And if you have a booking for four people, can the balances be paid individually by every person or it needs to be the person who booked paying for all? 

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

Thanks for the reply 😃 And if you have a booking for four people, can the balances be paid individually by every person or it needs to be the person who booked paying for all? 

They can be paid individually. 

I think after missing 2 years alot has changed for alot of people including us.. So I think the festival organisers will have to have a word with the coach people and say that they will need to use thier Common sense on these issues. 

Our son was going to be on the coach.. Obviously now that we are waiting for our next little granddaughter he can not go by coach. 

The good news is that they have heard back from the festival organisers who are looking to changing their tickets to normal ones.. 

We're going to be talking to the driver ourselves as we have a coach tix... But I've got to have my camper.. 

I do believe that most people, drivers,, organisers etc will use common sense this year but next year it'll be back to normal.. 

That just the way I see it 

11 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Has anyone used the National Express coaches? I'm thinking about it this year.

We did it last time I think after getting lucky in the main sale. I found it a lot easier personally. Victoria is much closer to us and the journey was shorter as on the right side of London (not sure how this would translate elsewhere). Still expensive, though. 

Would always go for the coach package as my first option, though. Getting the tickets sorted on the Thursday before the main sale is a great feeling.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We did it last time I think after getting lucky in the main sale. I found it a lot easier personally. Victoria is much closer to us and the journey was shorter as on the right side of London (not sure how this would translate elsewhere). Still expensive, though. 

Would always go for the coach package as my first option, though. Getting the tickets sorted on the Thursday before the main sale is a great feeling.

Amazing, thanks. We might be dropping off our by-then 8-month-old with the in-laws in Gloucester for the weekend. Saw there were NE coaches there and back on Weds/Mon and thinking it could be the best option. Would be nice to do the festival without driving!

Edited by Ryan1984

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Amazing, thanks. We might be dropping off our by-then 8-month-old with the in-laws in Gloucester for the weekend. Saw there were NE coaches there and back on Weds/Mon and thinking it could be the best option. Would be nice to do the festival without driving!

Would highly recommend it! I don't drive anyway so can't compare but having a nap on the way back is essential for me.

19 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Yeah, took one from Bristol to Glasto and it was easy. Got to the fest sooner then expected because they had gotten to the point where you just had to show you confirmation and they put you on the first coach with seats and off we went.

20 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

When we went on a coach I found the whole experience relaxing. No driving or queuing worries and you're delivered into the coach park where entry gate queues are much less on Wednesday. The downside is your not in control of your arrival/departure time  and are limited on what you can take with you. The need to traval to a coach pick up point also adds to our journey. For this reason I prefer the independence a car gives. Personal preference at the end of the day.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:13 PM, upshitcreek said:

This is probably the way im going to go, ill have to email Love FIelds and make sure i can get on site without an official ticket in hand, the rest of the group will be going via coach so can keep me up to date on arrival time. just means ill take the kids on my own Tuesday and catch up with everyone Wednesday. 

Anyone know of any official site campervan tickets for sale......?

You won't be able to buy an official GF camper van ticket without a General Admission festival ticket i'm afraid. You could buy a 2nd hand one but beware that the tickets have the name of the person who bought it printed on it and they could refuse you entry if you don't have ID to prove you are that person. The reality is that they are unlikely to check, but you could be the 1 person that year who they do decide to check. The other option is to get someone you know who has a GA ticket to buy a CV ticket for you but a. all the CV tickets are sold and there will be a big bundle if any come up for resale. b. the same issue applies with the name of the ticket holder being on the ticket, as you're their mate though you could drive them down in your van which would be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 10:21 PM, guypjfreak said:

I think after missing 2 years alot has changed for alot of people including us.. So I think the festival organisers will have to have a word with the coach people and say that they will need to use thier Common sense on these issues. 

Our son was going to be on the coach.. Obviously now that we are waiting for our next little granddaughter he can not go by coach. 

The good news is that they have heard back from the festival organisers who are looking to changing their tickets to normal ones.. 

We're going to be talking to the driver ourselves as we have a coach tix... But I've got to have my camper.. 

I do believe that most people, drivers,, organisers etc will use common sense this year but next year it'll be back to normal.. 

That just the way I see it 

Do you happen to know who your son has spoken to? We’re in exactly the same situation (had a baby since buying coach tickets) but are being told by the festival there’s no option but to give our tickets back and try for new ones in the resale. We’ve even tried to ask See if we can add the baby to the coach (sorry other coach goers!) but can’t get a reply from them - obviously don’t want to risk giving our tickets back but can’t both go on the coach if we can’t add a child seat…

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Just email old son.. 

But they are or have helped as many people as possible.. 

But just email the team 

Ah thanks - must be luck of the draw who you speak to! We’ve both emailed separately and been told it’s a hard no by festival organisers, and no reply from See 😞

23 hours ago, rosemae said:

Ah thanks - must be luck of the draw who you speak to! We’ve both emailed separately and been told it’s a hard no by festival organisers, and no reply from See 😞

Nightmare old son.. 

Hope you get it sorted 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s not the same but sometimes persistence pays off … good luck 

33429CBC-C86F-4A3A-8225-7D9D1483A8D8.png

What an absolute bastard… glad the festival sorted it out for her. 

Mind you, it was an incredibly poor decision to have no confirmation on the refund request form. Wouldn’t have needed much, just an email to the address linked to that registration number with a link to confirm. 

Wide open for malicious refund requests sadly 🙁