LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Don’t we only get the full line up around the end of may? The first poster is useful but it still leaves gaps. 

Yup but well over 50% of the main stage acts are on the first poster I'd say, and virtually all of the big names. Though we then get spoilt with the individual areas releasing their lineups in the intervening period which always gives something new to mull over once or twice a week.

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Yup but well over 50% of the main stage acts are on the first poster I'd say, and virtually all of the big names. Though we then get spoilt with the individual areas releasing their lineups in the intervening period which always gives something new to mull over once or twice a week.

Gets frustrating when some areas (eg Leftfield) give days and placings whilst others (Silver Hayes) just drop a list of names.

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Right then. 14th Feb it is. 2 weeks before the balance window opens and a lovely Valentines Day gift.

Also rather excitingly, we're only about 7 or 8 weeks? until we can all spend our days watching the site build on the webcam!

If you want to consider that Love tease as a clue, that would point towards that type of thing. 

26 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

15 pyramid on the last poster (2019 21 acts on the stage)

17 JP (2019 - 26 acts on stage)

21 other (2019 - 25 acts on stage)

19 West Holts (2019 - 24 acts on stage)

19 Park (2019 - 26 acts on stage)

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I absolutely love Glasto for Glasto but the lineup is a massive part of it for me.

Getting excited with your mates about who you’re going to be seeing on the pyramid stage / other stage etc is such a big part of the lead up.

The lineup does matter to me (much less than it used to), and one of the things for me is exploring artists I don’t know on the lineup for those early day slots.  I do love just wandering around more now though and have understood whatever the lineup is I’ll love it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

The lineup does matter to me (much less than it used to), and one of the things for me is exploring artists I don’t know on the lineup for those early day slots.  I do love just wandering around more now though and have understood whatever the lineup is I’ll love it.

Yeah, this is a big thing for me. Found so many acts through researching artists on festival lineups

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Upvote 1

Chloe Bodur posted an interesting thread about festivals not rebooking 2020 acts earlier - I asked about Glasto and she said it was one who booked her in 2020 but she hasn’t heard about this year yet. Screenshot added but worth reading her thread on Twitter.4D47DEB0-3F91-480F-B7FE-2B27784313A6.thumb.png.82aaac033da94fbf96f12f8d99908555.png

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, hamzo said:

Chloe Bodur posted an interesting thread about festivals not rebooking 2020 acts earlier - I asked about Glasto and she said it was one who booked her in 2020 but she hasn’t heard about this year yet. Screenshot added but worth reading her thread on Twitter.4D47DEB0-3F91-480F-B7FE-2B27784313A6.thumb.png.82aaac033da94fbf96f12f8d99908555.png

Must be shit not getting rebooked, but 2 years is a long time in the music industry. Things change, new artists emerge etc, there's no guarantees. 

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I know directly of hot, NME Award-nominated level acts who simply have a request out to play, nothing confirmed, the process just pootling along unhurriedly. Not talking Pyramid but not talking tiny, either — artists who would likely command 5000-ish crowds if the slot is right.

Others have had verbally assured that they're down to play, but are waiting for their offer.

Sorry to be a stickler. But that's verified.

Verified by whom

27 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I know directly of hot, NME Award-nominated level acts who simply have a request out to play, nothing confirmed, the process just pootling along unhurriedly. Not talking Pyramid but not talking tiny, either — artists who would likely command 5000-ish crowds if the slot is right.

Others have had verbally assured that they're down to play, but are waiting for their offer.

Sorry to be a stickler. But that's verified.

Fair play to Pierce O’Brien then!

10 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Straight up just rebooking a bunch of stuff from 2020 would be really boring. Like fair enough go back and get the good gets from then but it was so long ago and so much has changed since then it really needs to be forgotten about. 

Except for Taylor Swift obviously. 

Yard Act. Dry Leg. Wet Cleaning.

All need to be there and higher than 2020.

51 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I thought it was a week before, it was very late though ?

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It was after the sun posted it in April I think 

6th May. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-who-to-headline-sunday-night-at-glastonbury-2015/

15 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Posting again as it comes in handy:

Year  |  Poster  | Bal Deadline | Days between
2009      25/05     01/02                 -113
2010      14/04     28/02                   -45
2011      14/04     07/04                     -7
2013      27/03     08/04                    12
2014      04/04     07/04                      3
2015      14/04     01/04                   -13
2016      29/03     07/04                      9
2017      30/03     07/04                      8
2019      15/03     07/04                    20
2020      12/03     07/04                    23
2022       ??/??     07/03                     ??

So on past experience this would suggest that when the balance deadline isn't in April we don't get the poster until Mid April/May. 

There is no pattern.

Edited by Leyrulion