2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

So we think Kendrick isn’t playing because everywhere else he was due to play he no longer is?

Pretty much. Other than the Superbowl show he is doing nothing else this year outside of album hints which there's nothing from and no release date or window. Would be really strange for him to do 1 festival in the whole of Europe, with no tour around it. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

What’s the general consensus of who it may be if it isn’t him? Have the headliners become formulaic now to an extent and we’d be looking at a Hip Hop/R and B megastar? 

No consensus. I don’t think they will pull necessarily a hip hop replacement either. I don’t think festivals this year have had the luxury to book a like for like.

If they needed to get someone in his place they would probably go with a decent sized headliner that they can realistically get. People are saying Florence because she’s about, but lots of other acts are about too.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No consensus. I don’t think they will pull necessarily a hip hop replacement either. I don’t think festivals this year have had the luxury to book a like for like.

If they needed to get someone in his place they would probably go with a decent sized headliner that they can realistically get. People are saying Florence because she’s about, but lots of other acts are about too.

Jaysus really. That would be incredibly underwhelming for me personally to lose Kendrick and gain someone who I didn’t bother watching the last time they headlined.

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread at all but what about Elton? Has he been disproved?

4 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Jaysus really. That would be incredibly underwhelming for me personally to lose Kendrick and gain someone who I didn’t bother watching the last time they headlined.

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread at all but what about Elton? Has he been disproved?

Elton is booked up.

I reckon if Kendrick is out or fell apart later in process some outside options are The Weeknd, Harry Styles, Florence + The Machine, Dua Lipa or whatever. Will be interesting to see if The Weeknd’s upcoming tour dates have a glasto gap.

Maybe they’ve done something rouge and they are sharing a headliner with R&L or something and Dave is the final headliner.

Edited by Matt42

I’m only in the Florence bandwagon if Kendrick, Harry, and The Weeknd are all ruled out.

As an aside… don’t you think it’s a bit weird we’ve got to nearly Feb and there genuinely hasn’t been any media leaks for 2022? No sun articles with rumours? No articles or anything?

We don’t have a Coachella situation on our hands do we? Where the other two headliners are actually still not signed.

I’m only in the Florence bandwagon if Kendrick, Harry, and The Weeknd are all ruled out.

As an aside… don’t you think it’s a bit weird we’ve got to nearly Feb and there genuinely hasn’t been any media leaks for 2022? No sun articles with rumours? No articles or anything?

We don’t have a Coachella situation on our hands do we? Where the other two headliners are actually still not signed.

Just because papers aren't running with stories and rumours doens't mean that Glastonbury doesn't have anyone, just last week a bunch of websites were asking if Liams big scoop was that he was headlining Glastonbury. 

Glastonbury and Coachella are very differnet festivals. I'm sure if Glastonbury were that in need they would ring up Coldplay. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Just because papers aren't running with stories and rumours doens't mean that Glastonbury doesn't have anyone, just last week a bunch of websites were asking if Liams big scoop was that he was headlining Glastonbury. 

Glastonbury and Coachella are very differnet festivals. I'm sure if Glastonbury were that in need they would ring up Coldplay. 

Or Chris Martin can put together a supergroup, 2015-style

I can’t quite formulate what I’m trying to say but obviously I’m still Billie, Macca, Kenny because of my loyalty to Neil but it’s very difficult to not think we’re being led a bit astray.

Who knows. Kendrick may well have been booked at some point but is no longer touring. 

Macca still seems like he’s on due to Emily liking and engaging with virtually everything he posts on Instagram 

My head says it’s Billie, Macca, ??? right now even if my heart still says Billie, Macca, Kendrick

Edited by Matt42

Right say that Macca is on the Saturday as he was in 2020 and we are looking for a Sunday headliner.

Who can do the Sunday? Florence probably can, Coldplay probably can, Harry Styles can’t.

Can Foo Fighters do the Sunday? 

Who can and can’t do the Sunday? Avengers assemble!

I can’t quite formulate what I’m trying to say but obviously I’m still Billie, Macca, Kenny because of my loyalty to Neil but it’s very difficult to not think we’re being led a bit astray.

Who knows. Kendrick may well have been booked at some point but is no longer touring. 

Macca still seems like he’s on due to Emily liking and engaging with virtually everything he posts on LinkedIn.

My head says it’s Billie, Macca, ??? right now even if my heart still says Billie, Macca, Kendrick

We're after some new staff at work, might drop Macca a line.

• Upvote 1

Do you not think that that is a rather dramatic statement? Neil has, in good faith, passed on information that he was given an a point in time. Things may have moved on, they may not have. We won't know for some time. Does it really matter that much? The festival has sold out, it will try and get the best headliners that it can and everyone is going to have a great time. 

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

Do you not think that that is a rather dramatic statement? Neil has, in good faith, passed on information that he was given an a point in time. Things may have moved on, they may not have. We won't know for some time. Does it really matter that much? The festival has sold out, it will try and get the best headliners that it can and everyone is going to have a great time. 

Yes it does matter