Parklife 2022

Matt42

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's the usual busy Parklife fare. Essentially, it's their entire winter schedule crammed into two days. If I weren't at Primavera, I'd probably get a ticket. 

Surprised to see it get slightly criticised though. Acts like Megan, Tyler, Pinkpantheress, Overmono, Folamour, Fred Again, Joy Orbison, Villalobos are often lauded on these threads

Yeah, if I hadn't attended so much of the winter season I'd probably be more tempted! 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Valley is effectively the second stage, quite a cool venue in terms of staging and sound. 

Ah right cheers. They do their own stage setup anyway if its like this year's tour so doesn't really mean anything

I think this is being hated weirdly imo.

Good headliners. Good undercard. Varied genre even though the DJ's are the same, but I can't moan I love it.

Cheap as chips in terms of a weekend event. Especially when WHP tickets are £50.

Gotta give them some credit especially when you look at Rolling Loud Portugal and I imagine Wireless being crap for a second year running.

• Like 1

Just now, TGCarr said:

Good headliners. Good undercard. Varied genre even though the DJ's are the same, but I can't moan I love it.

Cheap as chips in terms of a weekend event. Especially when WHP tickets are £50.

Gotta give them some credit especially when you look at Rolling Loud Portugal and I imagine Wireless being crap for a second year running.

Its still good value just weaker than last year and less to most of our tastes it seems

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Ah right cheers. They do their own stage setup anyway if its like this year's tour so doesn't really mean anything

Parklife have invested more in staging recently so it's not just the standard stage in a field you might get elsewhere.  That with biceps own production means it will be a pretty decent show. 

https://lucidcreates.co.uk/work/the-valley-parklife-festival

PARKLIFE-2019-ANDREW-WHITTON-FANATIC-7491.jpeg

lucid-creates-parklife-night-stage@2x.jpg

28 minutes ago, CactusChaz said:

WHP employee dropped the day split

ADA4CBF1-C46B-4296-B4F4-2E597AC5DAF9.jpeg

Day split is perfect for me.

50, Andy C, Tiffany Calver, Dom Dolla on the sat.

And getting the Prydz finale on the Sunday. But gutted Dimensions placed high on that Sunday, definitely won't be able to see him 

Edited by TGCarr

7 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Day split is perfect for me.

50, Andy C, Tiffany Calver, Dom Dolla on the sat.

And getting the Prydz finale on the Sunday. But gutted Dimensions placed high on that Sunday, definitely won't be able to see him 

I’ll be taking bicep on the Sunday but prydz is a top choice 🤝 sad to miss Tyler too. 

So gassed for 50, Kettama, Mall Grab, Bibi and a lot of the dnb.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's the usual busy Parklife fare. Essentially, it's their entire winter schedule crammed into two days. If I weren't at Primavera, I'd probably get a ticket. 

Surprised to see it get slightly criticised though. Acts like Megan, Tyler, Pinkpantheress, Overmono, Folamour, Fred Again, Joy Orbison, Villalobos are often lauded on these threads

I completely missed Villalobos being on the lineup. 

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, CactusChaz said:

I’ll be taking bicep on the Sunday but prydz is a top choice 🤝 sad to miss Tyler too. 

So gassed for 50, Kettama, Mall Grab, Bibi and a lot of the dnb.

Saw Bicep not long ago and they were ridiculous. If Bibi's on a good time I'll defo go see him 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

That stage is in alphabetical order.

True. But when you look at the line up on that stage, Dimension will be headliner for it.

Well I would personally. But true could be Sub. 

I'm more into Prydz having 2 hours, so if he's billed high I won't see him 😂

Edited by TGCarr

20 minutes ago, Newjem said:

You sure? I though High Contrast, Hybrid Minds, Sub Focus and Wilkinson are bigger or at least on the same level...

Hmmm hard to say. But I'd say Dimension it just as big as Wilkinson 

And he's got a fairly large following now, sold out Printworks within minutes as well

Days couldn't of been split worse for me, only interested in attending purely for Tyler but was extremely pleased with plenty of the names on the undercard until I see that the majority of them are on the Saturday instead.. £80 for Tyler, Arlo Parks, Fred Again.. and Pink Pantheress isn't terrible though, it's just insane how almost every act I want to see is on the Saturday

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Lewis third down? His management sucks.

Nah, his management know the festival. If he was any higher he'd have no one watching. Parklife isn't a Lewis capaldi headliner/sub festival. 

Scream some sad songs a couple of hours after getting in then go do your first ketamine at Four Tet.

7 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Completely agree, I think it is a very strong lineup for them this year and a guaranteed sell-out. Yes, there are lots of repeat names, but what they have got is pretty banging, especially for the type of festival it is, which I'd say is Creamfields & Wireless' baby and I'm sure it'll go down very well with the average attendee. Pretty solid headliners and undercard too in my opinion, and makes a very welcome change from the majority of UK festivals all sharing the same few names on the lineup.

• Thanks 1