No indoor stages?

Matt42

It's reasonable to suggest if they do tests on the gates then hot air balloons will be provided to all people sent away to get them home*.

*This is basically how I'm reading all posts that are simply saying there will be an answer to some of these logistical nightmares where clearly there is no answer.

Just now, priest17 said:

It's reasonable to suggest if they do tests on the gates then hot air balloons will be provided to all people sent away to get them home*.

*This is basically how I'm reading all posts that are simply saying there will be an answer to some of these logistical nightmares where clearly there is no answer.

Ooh I've always wanted to go in a hot air balloon. On board!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

There's loads of airspace above peoples' heads in the big stage tents, couldn't you just rig a load of big extractor fans at the pinnacles of the tent roof and suck out all the yucky air away from all the punters? That'd make it safer than an open air stage, less mingering bacteria/germs?

When I started reading this I thought you were going to suggest decreasing crowd volume by having two tiered standing areas in the indoor venues - and now I think that's the answer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

When I started reading this I thought you were going to suggest decreasing crowd volume by having two tiered standing areas in the indoor venues - and now I think that's the answer.

We could go a step further and get cirque du soleil involved. Can give everyone harness training so we can drink and party while hanging socially distant from the ceiling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Interesting point - in this scenario if you chose to defer to 2022, would you still be able to try the resale for 21 (If they had one)? I don't see how really. You've made your choice and your reg number has been used. Volunteering, yes, though.

Agree with this, it would have to be one year or the other. Although you’d have the usual problem with multiple registrations.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Interesting point - in this scenario if you chose to defer to 2022, would you still be able to try the resale for 21 (If they had one)? I don't see how really. You've made your choice and your reg number has been used. Volunteering, yes, though.

They'd have to change the terms and conditions to say that you couldn't go. Not sure how they'd enforce it though, surely everyone would just make another registration with a different pic?

There's 2 million registered, how would they know?

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

They'd have to change the terms and conditions to say that you couldn't go. Not sure how they'd enforce it though, surely everyone would just make another registration with a different pic?

There's 2 million registered, how would they know?

That's the same issue they have now to be fair.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

To clarify I know you can't go twice, but there are certainly cases of people having two regs to try coach and normal sale for example.

They’d have to freeze registrations the second they announce it.

I think it would be fair (or at least as fair as you can realistically get) to roll tickets to 22 then allow some of those who are currently ticketless to have a crack at 21.

13 hours ago, whitehorses said:

I tend to think if it’s to run they will:

- implement some physical changes to appease public health folk. Removing most risky venues for example and replacing with similar capacity outdoor venues.

- big public hygiene push, like we saw with re usable plastic in 2019. Hand wash EVERYWHERE 

- Not resell any returned tickets and reduce the freeloader tickets.

- Go big on encouraging people to stay in bubbles. 

- Get people to present a negative test at the gate.

A combo of that kind of stuff and it will be a goer I reckon. After this winter of discontent that’s coming I think we’ll all need Glastonbury and their ilk...

Freeloader tickets? 
You mean the workers that help run and build the show? 

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It would be Glastonbury without Kate Moss wandering around.

She never wanders. Mate I work with was asked one year whether he would drive her around for the weekend as her Vehicle  had broken down, mate has a couple of Land rovers down there. "what and ruin my festival, she can fuck off" was the reply

he did, however, allow Pussy Riot to use his Russian Ural Truck for them to be interviewed by Charlotte Church on top of, at the Park

Edited by fred quimby