possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

Well now I’m a bit worried that they have outright ruled out a September option. This shouldn’t be off the table unless there’s a very very strong reason.

June stands a very high chance of not going ahead. I’m worried this might doom them to another cancellation.

• Downvote 1

Just now, brettredmayne said:

Yea i felt a bit ill reading that too 

To be fair I’m sure a lot people wanting to return their tickets will just wait until right up to the deadline to do so, but still, seems like most are keeping their tickets, and really why wouldn’t you? Gonna be the party of 2021.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Well now I’m a bit worried that they have outright ruled out a September option. This shouldn’t be off the table unless there’s a very very strong reason.

June stands a very high chance of not going ahead. I’m worried this might doom them to another cancellation.

Like I’ve said before, if June is off the cards then all of next year is. Two months isn’t gonna make any difference.

Plus, logistically, it isn’t as easy as just moving to September. Clearly a bunch of the lineup has rescheduled to suit Glastonbury next year. If it then goes ahead in September instead, the whole lineup goes to shit and they’re essentially starting from scratch.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My worry too, I think all festivals are going to have a plan B for next year to allow them to happen in some capacity but if Glasto are going for the June or bust approach then they're really limiting themselves should the situation not improve 

Have to say I'm pretty relieved as I wouldn't have been popular if my wedding stopped people from attending Glastonbury! :D 

I've refused to go into the "Covid thread".  What the latest on a vaccine? I've felt confident that 2021 festival would go ahead as I've thought we will have a vaccine by then (based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever)

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Like I’ve said before, if June is off the cards then all of next year is. Two months isn’t gonna make any difference.

Plus, logistically, it isn’t as easy as just moving to September. Clearly a bunch of the lineup has rescheduled to suit Glastonbury next year. If it then goes ahead in September instead, the whole lineup goes to shit and they’re essentially starting from scratch.

It isn’t just two months though? The site build and further aspects of organising the festival take place months before the event. I would have thought a smart business decision would be to give the situation as much time as possible to sort itself out.

Hypothetically if we got a vaccine beginning of 2020 but the government still keeps a ban on events for a while there’s a huge chance glasto could miss out by a few dates.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Have to say I'm pretty relieved as I wouldn't have been popular if my wedding stopped people from attending Glastonbury! :D 

I've refused to go into the "Covid thread".  What the latest on a vaccine? I've felt confident that 2021 festival would go ahead as I've thought we will have a vaccine by then (based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever)

I think people were hoping for a vaccine by autumn best case scenario, but most seem to think it will be spring now... No idea if that's accurate or not though. Or whether that would be for widespread rollout.

Just now, gordong said:

Might be grasping at straws but “aiming for June” sounds like it potentially could be flexible. I don’t see how it’s possible for the festival to go ahead in June, so I was really into the September rumour. 

Not sure why you'd write off June already - if the Oxford vaccine is proven safe and effective, and delivered on the current estimated timescale, then a June festival would certainly be able to go ahead with few changes. The (admittedly, significant) risk is if that vaccine falls short or there's a significant delay then that could scupper things - but it's way too early to predict that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

My worry too, I think all festivals are going to have a plan B for next year to allow them to happen in some capacity but if Glasto are going for the June or bust approach then they're really limiting themselves should the situation not improve 

For me there is no "happen in some capacity" for Glastonbury; it's either the whole shabang or not at all. It wouldn't be Glastonbury without everything that comes along with it.

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but an even higher chance of it going ahead. 

These Glasto boards on Efest reek of dramaqueening. 

Bookmarking this so you can review this comment in a couple of months.

If Glasto manages to happen in June it will be by a hairs breath.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think people were hoping for a vaccine by autumn best case scenario, but most seem to think it will be spring now... No idea if that's accurate or not though. Or whether that would be for widespread rollout.

Thanks. I remember reading in early summer a date of September being thrown around but that doesn't seem very likely anymore.

Fingers crossed all is well for the 2021 festival :) 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It isn’t just two months though? The site build and further aspects of organising the festival take place months before the event. I would have thought a smart business decision would be to give the situation as much time as possible to sort itself out.

Hypothetically if we got a vaccine beginning of 2020 but the government still keeps a ban on events for a while there’s a huge chance glasto could miss out by a few dates.

I get what you’re saying but it’s all based on the speculation that the new year is gonna bring a vaccine ASAP and that a matter of months is gonna change things, which it probably isn’t. Telling a whole lineup of acts to reschedule their plans for June but then also keep September free isn’t logistically possible. There’s no point holding the event if they can’t do it properly - nobody wants some half arsed festival thrown together for the sake of there being a 2021 event. 

IMO, June is happening regardless of a vaccine etc. The lineup may lean more towards U.K. and European based acts than usual and there’ll probably be a lot more noticeable differences, but it’ll happen.

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

For me there is no "happen in some capacity" for Glastonbury; it's either the whole shabang or not at all. It wouldn't be Glastonbury without everything that comes along with it.

My question is would people be willing to make the compromise for one year to allow it to happen and then the next year it goes back to the full festival? I know I would 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

My question is would people be willing to make the compromise for one year to allow it to happen and then the next year it goes back to the full festival? I know I would 

Exactly. I don’t know where these people are hiding who would sit and critique a festival that’s gone through various hoops just to happen!