possibly happening in September...?

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The half or the full one?

It's the full but it doesn't really matter. There is still a hell of a lot of people in a half marathon and it's a crowd situation that you can't social distance really. People are going to try their best and if that means there is a shit load of people running close to each other then well they have paid the privilege too.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, but an even higher chance of it going ahead.  These Glasto boards on Efest reek of dramaqueening. 

I’m in. Is this what is being asked? If it’s cold I’ll put a fleece on. If it’s cold at night I’ll take two sleeping bags. It’s it rains it’s no different to a rainy day in June. F

We could have an answer to this by Christmas Day.  The current licence allows for one festival per year, with sale of alcohol allowed from 1st June until the Monday following the festival.  There are

Posted Images

The festival is NOT happening in September. It's June or not at all.
(there's nothing new about this info. It's exactly as Emily said).

At the moment there hasn't been a 'cancelled' decision for 2021.

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The festival is NOT happening in September. It's June or not at all.
(there's nothing new about this info. It's exactly as Emily said).

At the moment there hasn't been a 'cancelled' decision for 2021.

I'm quite pleased about this really. I know everyone would rather have the festival on and not cancelled again, but I do like June :) 

Fingers crossed for next year 🤞 

Here's an idea I had this morning that almost certainly won't happen:

2020 tickets get rolled over to 2022, but a new festival goes on sale - a vastly reduced (say 50,000 capacity) festival just using Eavis owned land with all outdoor venues spread out more than usual.

A man can dream.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

2020 tickets get rolled over to 2022, but a new festival goes on sale - a vastly reduced (say 50,000 capacity) festival just using Eavis owned land with all outdoor venues spread out more than usual.

A man can dream.

£2k a ticket. A nightmare.

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A man can dream.

Called the variety bizzare ? :) 

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A man can dream.

What were you drinking last night?

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A man can dream.

I don’t hate that idea.

Maybe as bone to throw to the currently ticketless they block any registration with that ticket that’s rolling over to 22 from buying one for 21.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t hate that idea.

Maybe as bone to throw to the currently ticketless they block any registration with that ticket that’s rolling over to 22 from buying one for 21.

I think that that idea is very fair. Also close new registrations before they announce it. 

On 10/22/2020 at 9:03 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t hate that idea.

An idea that almost certainly wouldn’t happen. Imagine blocking the 1000s of locals with tickets from the festival. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

An idea that almost certainly wouldn’t happen. Imagine blocking the 1000s of locals with tickets from the festival. 

Maybe a reduced number of local tickets on a lottery basis then.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Maybe a reduced number of local tickets on a lottery basis then.

I think it would be the same number for locals and rightly so.

Also the festival have never given any special advantage for the ticketless from previous sales - they open it up as new each time and it’s luck of the draw. No evidence it should happen except wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

I think it would be the same number for locals and rightly so.

Also the festival have never given any special advantage for the ticketless from previous sales - they open it up as new each time and it’s luck of the draw. No evidence it should happen except wishful thinking. 

I have a ticket for next year so what I’m suggesting adversely effects me. I’m just thinking of the poor sods who last went in 2019 and realistically won’t get another fair chance until 2023 at this rate.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have a ticket for next year so what I’m suggesting adversely effects me. I’m just thinking of the poor sods who last went in 2019 and realistically won’t get another fair chance until 2023 at this rate.

That enhances the rationale of scrapping all ticket allocations with balances refunded if 2021 is cancelled. Rip it up and start again.

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Glastonbury has a following but is it strong enough to survive a four or even 6 year hiatus of people not even able to get tickets. 

21 hours ago, Lycra said:

That enhances the rationale of scrapping all ticket allocations with balances refunded if 2021 is cancelled. Rip it up and start again.

In the current climate can the festival afford to simply punt back £9million? Assuming they're still ploughing ahead with plans for 2021 still they'll be eating into whatever cash pile they have to hand. 

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Glastonbury has a following but is it strong enough to survive a four or even 6 year hiatus of people not even able to get tickets.

Yes, of course.

It'll only take one year of TV coverage, and all the ensuring hype that goes with it, and the demand spikes again.

43 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

In the current climate can the festival afford to simply punt back £9million? Assuming they're still ploughing ahead with plans for 2021 still they'll be eating into whatever cash pile they have to hand. 

How much realistically are they spending at the moment? The build hasn’t started and given that a large chunk of the lineup is carrying over there won’t be too much to do in terms of booking.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

How much realistically are they spending at the moment? The build hasn’t started and given that a large chunk of the lineup is carrying over there won’t be too much to do in terms of booking.

The accounts for the fallow year show that they spent about 3 million when the festival wasn't happening. 

Net loss of about 2.6 million, made up with profits from the 2017 festival.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

It's a given GFL have some continuing day to day outgoings in salaries etc but the bulk of the spend comes as plans as advanced April onwards. It's an interesting conundrum. On one hand a further delay until 2022 creates an opportunity for greater change, viz: both ticket holders and bands dropping out due to a change in circumstances. There's always a risk a festival in 2022 isn't possible. Then there's the question of fairness. How long can you hold on to a persons money without providing anything? Is it fair to ask those without tickets to wait until 2023? Is it fair to cancel existing tickets? Which way GFL decide to go Glasto 50 it won't be any more and that was a big driver for many who wanted to go.

14 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

The accounts for the fallow year show that they spent about 3 million when the festival wasn't happening. 

Net loss of about 2.6 million, made up with profits from the 2017 festival.

Interesting data but it may not give a accurate picture as site infrastructure improvements are often made during fallow years and these entail capitol expenditure. 

44 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It's a given GFL have some continuing day to day outgoings in salaries etc but the bulk of the spend comes as plans as advanced April onwards. It's an interesting conundrum. On one hand a further delay until 2022 creates an opportunity for greater change, viz: both ticket holders and bands dropping out due to a change in circumstances. There's always a risk a festival in 2022 isn't possible. Then there's the question of fairness. How long can you hold on to a persons money without providing anything? Is it fair to ask those without tickets to wait until 2023? Is it fair to cancel existing tickets? Which way GFL decide to go Glasto 50 it won't be any more and that was a big driver for many who wanted to go.

They can hold on to my money for as long as they need to.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They can hold on to my money for as long as they need to.

And I reckon that is the opinion of the overwhelming majority of people.  The October resale was pulled because so few refunds were requested. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Interesting data but it may not give a accurate picture as site infrastructure improvements are often made during fallow years and these entail capitol expenditure. 

True. 

The accounts say they spent about 500k on wages of 23 people, so I assume that's about the minimum requirement to just keep the operation in hibernation. 

They also had 9 million in the bank so with 2020 deposits that's about 18 million now. Generating probably about 200k in interest.