possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

I imagine they discussed it and decided it wasn’t viable prior to ruling it out when they did.

It’s a nice thought and I think events will be on again by then but the amount of their normal processes that they’ll have to completely reconfigure just for an event that also won’t be 100% on... They’ll just wait until 2022.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I imagine they discussed it and decided it wasn’t viable prior to ruling it out when they did.

It’s a nice thought and I think events will be on again by then but the amount of their normal processes that they’ll have to completely reconfigure just for an event that also won’t be 100% on... They’ll just wait until 2022.

I think you’re right. I’ve had a bit of clarity on this viewing the situation and it feels like that is the best option. That way they can actually put on a proper festival as normal.

Imagine if we get into a situation though where 2022 going ahead is even a ?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Personally I think the GFL team will be having repeated thoughts on what/when/how for their next event, just like we do. The big problem is that without certainty then it is nearly impossible to go ahead. And right now it barely needs saying that we live in very uncertain times

The other night whilst failing to sleep, I added up 2+2 and got 5...

Rob da Bank uploaded a photo of him last week at Castle Cary station. Obviously he was in charge of the now defunct Bestival, which historically took place in September before its demise after a move to August.

Most like just there on a jolly.. but could there be a quiet plan for a new back up event on Worthy farm in September? A one-off reprise for Bestival in a new location? (Although come to think of it I think the Bestival brand is now owned by live nation, so maybe not)  I think the draw of the location alone would ensure solid ticket sales. That way it wouldn't be a 'Glastonbury', which would be pushed back to 2022, but might generate some useful funds for all involved.

9 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

The other night whilst failing to sleep, I added up 2+2 and got 5...

Rob da Bank uploaded a photo of him last week at Castle Cary station. Obviously he was in charge of the now defunct Bestival, which historically took place in September before its demise after a move to August.

Most like just there on a jolly.. but could there be a quiet plan for a new back up event on Worthy farm in September? A one-off reprise for Bestival in a new location? (Although come to think of it I think the Bestival brand is now owned by live nation, so maybe not)  I think the draw of the location alone would ensure solid ticket sales. That way it wouldn't be a 'Glastonbury', which would be pushed back to 2022, but might generate some useful funds for all involved.

Something almost exactly like this happened approximately 2 years ago and we all got excited about the possibility he'd be doing something Bestival inspired at the festival.

It turned out he was recording an episode of his podcast with Emily.

Wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

As Ive been saying for a week or so now .... what if it weren't Glastonbury ..... but some sort of scalled back version with a completely different lineup .... it wouldn't then need to effect touring schedules but would draw enough bands that hadn't yet made plans .... tickets from June roll over till the next year 2022  .... September becomes a different Glastonbury for those that are happy with the way things are at that point .... weather it be tests on entry , masks , or proof of vaccination .... Glastonbury as a brand will sell out whatever and definitely on a smaller scale ......

Edited by crazyfool1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

As Ive been saying for a week or so now .... what if it weren't Glastonbury ..... but some sort of scalled back version with a completely different lineup .... it wouldn't then need to effect touring schedules but would draw enough bands that hadn't yet made plans .... tickets from June roll over till the next year 2022  .... September becomes a different Glastonbury for those that are happy with the way things are at that point .... weather it be tests on entry , masks , or proof of vaccination .... Glastonbury as a brand will sell out whatever and definitely on a smaller scale ......

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

As Ive been saying for a week or so now .... what if it weren't Glastonbury ..... but some sort of scalled back version with a completely different lineup .... it wouldn't then need to effect touring schedules but would draw enough bands that hadn't yet made plans .... tickets from June roll over till the next year .... September becomes a different Glastonbury for those that are happy with the way things are at that point .... weather it be tests on entry , masks , or proof of vaccination .... Glastonbury as a brand will sell out whatever and definitely on a smaller scale ......

Glastonbury Festival is one of the three events they put on, as you know, so I can see the other two going ahead for loyalists who want to experience a festival from the company, because of their smaller scale and lead time. For everyone else, there'll probably be other festivals.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Glastonbury Festival is one of the three events they put on, as you know, so I can see the other two going ahead for loyalists who want to experience a festival from the company, because of their smaller scale and lead time. For everyone else, there'll probably be other festivals.

maybe the scale might increase for those .... id say that they might want to get a bit of money in the bank ....I definitely think smaller scale is much more achievable .... 

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I was just gonna mention Emily picked him up from Castle Cary when he did the podcast. Maybe there's a second season and a second interview.

Not sure a second session of a festival podcast would be that interesting this year. Every episode

Rob da Bank "So, what you been up to this year

Festival organiser "... "

• Upvote 1