possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The ticket that we purchased ... was for the festival this year ... so it's not honouring a purchase ... no ...

It's a moot point really because it's unlikely that they're ever going to be in a position where they have to or they choose to refund everyone, but we ticketholders shouldn't take it for granted that the festival has allowed us to roll it.

Might be overstating how noble this rolling the ticket over was. I had a fair number of things cancelled this summer and standard practice with tickets was to offer to roll them over until a rearranged date or the equivalent event.

7 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Unlikely I'd say.  Seetickets simply have the contract for running the booking process so if they went under the ticket data would just be passed to another provider.

There could be a huge problem though. Not sure if this will apply to Glastonbury deposits or not, but for most events, See (along with other reputable ticket agencies) usually hold the ticket money in escrow until the event takes place in order to ensure that they can honour any refunds. So if that's the case here, they'd need to be able to transfer the money to a new provider or to GFL.

I think the tickets sold will continue to roll over until a time they can hold the festival, as much as people who are ticketless don’t want to hear it. There’s going to be no difference in circumstances next year to what there was this year if it’s delayed.

Personally, I think the festival goes ahead if the logistics of the build can be done safely and ahead of time. By June, I imagine there’ll be a mix of vaccine, safety measures, and also an attitude of if you’re happy with the measures in place an ‘at your own risk/disclosure’ of attendance with maybe more refund options for those that aren’t willing to risk it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I think the tickets sold will continue to roll over until a time they can hold the festival, as much as people who are ticketless don’t want to hear it. There’s going to be no difference in circumstances next year to what there was this year if it’s delayed.

I think I agree. I know people like to play up the fairness and the ethos of the festival, but it's still a business at the end of the day. Wouldn't make sense to cancel and have to go through another sale, in the current economical climate having a sold out event is gold, why would they just give that up?

21 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’d be more than happy with that, same goes for the cash we paid for Worthy  View. I reckon though that others less committed to the festival might take up the offer of a refund. More for the resale crew hopefully!  

I forgot to reply to this. I think that’s the important aspect keeping it a choice thing. Whilst they certainly don’t have to honour them for another year if they have people the choice then I think that’s a good option. 

2 hours ago, incident said:

There could be a huge problem though. Not sure if this will apply to Glastonbury deposits or not, but for most events, See (along with other reputable ticket agencies) usually hold the ticket money in escrow until the event takes place in order to ensure that they can honour any refunds. So if that's the case here, they'd need to be able to transfer the money to a new provider or to GFL.

It's a good point.  We're also all assuming that the festival can cover some 2020/21 costs with the deposits already paid, but with the refund deadline extended until 31st January 2021 do they actually have that money at their disposal, or is it 'resting' in See's account?

Edited by parsonjack

7 hours ago, parsonjack said:

It's a good point.  We're also all assuming that the festival can cover some 2020/21 costs with the deposits already paid, but with the refund deadline extended until 31st January 2021 do they actually have that money at their disposal, or is it 'resting' in See's account?

Think it'll be in See's account. However the last accounts showed they had 9 million in the bank, so they should be fine.

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

any festival is going ahead until it's not going ahead.  Which means that doesn't really say a lot.

If it's going to be cancelled, that announcement will come in January at the earliest - which we've known for a long while.

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

any festival is going ahead until it's not going ahead.  Which means that doesn't really say a lot.

If it's going to be cancelled, that announcement will come in January at the earliest - which we've known for a long while.

The decision is usually made in January every year so as above until we hear anything we presume the festival is going ahead! 

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

There's no decision to be made in January of other years. The decision has been made long before then, they've sold tickets, etc. 

True I guess I didn’t explain very well they usually make decisions around workers etc then rather than the whole festival! Our team never gets confirmation until January at the earliest!! Apologies!! 

I'm sure this has been said so apologies but..

Am I right that Glastonbury didn't completely rule out moving the date, rather say they are still trying for late June?

Or has the late August/ September idea been completely ruled out?

I just cannot see this years festival happening at all unless they move the date, and the quicker they make this decision the better surely for booking infrastructure/ acts. Other festivals will likely be doing this so get in early I say. 

Fill me in please. 

Edited by danbailey80

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Am I right that Glastonbury didn't completely rule out moving the date, rather say they are still trying for late June?

Or has the late August/ September idea been completely ruled out?

I just cannot see this years festival happening at all unless they move the date, and the quicker they make this decision the better surely for booking infrastructure/ acts. Other festivals will likely be doing this so get in early I say. 

Fill me in please. 

Emily ruled it out last l read

3 hours ago, Lycra said:

Emily ruled it out last l read

This is what Emily posted on twitter and I read that as she hasn't ruled it out just they aren't planning for it - For those who have been asking, we have no plans to move next year’s Glastonbury to September 2021 - we’re still very much aiming for June.

15 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

not sure about Emily's exact words, but I got a text before Emily tweeted from one of the big bods - who'd definitely know any date moving plans - who said "100% no move on date next year".

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2020 at 8:30 AM, eFestivals said:

I can't guarantee this info is correct but I'm more inclined to believe it than not.....

I've heard that Glastonbury is considering happening in September next year if it doesn't feel confident about going ahead in June, and that it will decide which date in January.

Maybe....

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer