possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Can't help but feel people are getting caught up with the 'not happening until September' chat and overlooking the 'not happening at all' chat from the same poster.

As far as I’m concerned it’s going ahead as planned in June until there’s an official announcement saying otherwise. 

21 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This move to September talk is filling me with dread. Don't even think about it, Eavii (please).

They aren’t though! Some random poster said he’d heard something and now people on here think Emily was lying or they’ve done a u-turn! 

I’ll stick with what Emily said unless there’s a decent reason not to.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

They aren’t though! Some random poster said he’d heard something and now people on here think Emily was lying or they’ve done a u-turn! 

I’ll stick with what Emily said unless there’s a decent reason not to.

Very fair point. Similar to when we religiously believe a headliner based of a rumour, we're weak :D 

8 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Very fair point. Similar to when we religiously believe a headliner based of a rumour, we're weak :D 

At least there’s some attempt to qualify the source of headliner rumours and check that it’s possible they could be true! 

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

At least there’s some attempt to qualify the source of headliner rumours and check that it’s possible they could be true! 

I mean, it's pretty easy to get the background of @WhoOdyssey's rumour. It's all been posted in the R&L forum and here within the last 24 hours:

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I mean, it's pretty easy to get the background of @WhoOdyssey's rumour. It's all been posted in the R&L forum and here within the last 24 hours:

Yeah I read all his posts.  Did I miss the part where there’s a reason to believe the credibility of the rumour? 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah I read all his posts.  Did I miss the part where there’s a reason to believe the credibility of the rumour? 

He's given his source and that it's had a history of providing information which turned out to be true. Am I saying this is 100% on the money? No, he even says he needs to check the information again and, buy it's nature, this situation is extremely fluid. But to discount it out of hand just because it's the opposite of what you want to hear just smacks of wishful thinking.

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

He had the R&L headliners in advance. Not sure if it’s a definitive but at least there’s a track record of accuracy

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

He had the R&L headliners in advance. Not sure if it’s a definitive but at least there’s a track record of accuracy

I can’t believe the festival have already decided that 2021 is not going ahead. This year they waited until the last possible moment before pulling the plug and I doubt they are going to make a definitive call 5 months before they need to.

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I can’t see them cancelling this far in advance, especially when other festivals are planning as normal. The situation may be looking very different come springtime, and they’d look prize chumps if they cancel when it could have gone ahead

Exactly, there is no benefit to cancelling now. Sounds like a large chunk of the lineup has rolled over so there won’t be too much to do in terms of booking.

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I can’t see them cancelling this far in advance, especially when other festivals are planning as normal. The situation may be looking very different come springtime, and they’d look prize chumps if they cancel when it could have gone ahead

Agree. Although the position may look pretty bleak right now there's no need to do anything at present unless a significant number of acts have indicated thay don't want to go ahead. We all know March could be a significant time ahead of balance payment, however I can envisage an annoucement sooner if there is no good progress in early 2021. 

Edited by Lycra

33 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

He's given his source and that it's had a history of providing information which turned out to be true. Am I saying this is 100% on the money? No, he even says he needs to check the information again and, buy it's nature, this situation is extremely fluid. But to discount it out of hand just because it's the opposite of what you want to hear just smacks of wishful thinking.

I discounted it out of hand because Emily did, just a few weeks ago.  Also because the OP said both moving to September and cancelled, which seemed to be covering all bases.  

A cancellation is probably more likely in a few months. I’m holding onto September because it seems to me to be the only feasible way the festival can go ahead.

I’m praying that they’ve just reconsidered and gone back on it, and a september show is back on the cards.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The half or the full one?

It's the full but it doesn't really matter. There is still a hell of a lot of people in a half marathon and it's a crowd situation that you can't social distance really. People are going to try their best and if that means there is a shit load of people running close to each other then well they have paid the privilege too.

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The festival is NOT happening in September. It's June or not at all.
(there's nothing new about this info. It's exactly as Emily said).

At the moment there hasn't been a 'cancelled' decision for 2021.

I'm quite pleased about this really. I know everyone would rather have the festival on and not cancelled again, but I do like June :) 

Fingers crossed for next year 🤞 

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Here's an idea I had this morning that almost certainly won't happen:

2020 tickets get rolled over to 2022, but a new festival goes on sale - a vastly reduced (say 50,000 capacity) festival just using Eavis owned land with all outdoor venues spread out more than usual.

A man can dream.

£2k a ticket. A nightmare.

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

2020 tickets get rolled over to 2022, but a new festival goes on sale - a vastly reduced (say 50,000 capacity) festival just using Eavis owned land with all outdoor venues spread out more than usual.

A man can dream.

Called the variety bizzare ? :) 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A man can dream.

What were you drinking last night?

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A man can dream.

I don’t hate that idea.

Maybe as bone to throw to the currently ticketless they block any registration with that ticket that’s rolling over to 22 from buying one for 21.