possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

Sorry, don’t mean to be rude but as Emily has firmly ruled this out, I don’t think this rumour has any weight behind it... even the person that said it doesn’t think it’s true. 

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No what I mean is that her saying it seems to indicate that it's a definite no. Like it's something that has been considered and thrown out, probably because they're also of the mindset that if it's not happening in June then it isn't in September.

Yeah and I get that but things are moving so fast at the moment.

Right now there’s evidence that early summer might be too close to call - but way more likely that a vaccine might be distributed by the end of the year.

I think buying a few more months might swing it.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah and I get that but things are moving so fast at the moment.

Right now there’s evidence that early summer might be too close to call - but way more likely that a vaccine might be distributed by the end of the year.

I think buying a few more months might swing it.

I'm saying she likely ruled it out firmly on August 30th because it was still going to be true on October 20th.

Times ARE moving fast, and things WILL have changed, but to rule out a backup option at that point indicates that it is a non-starter.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I used to think that a couple of months could make all the difference. Now, given all the mood music around how long it will take to vaccinate the wider population, I just can't see it happening next year at all.

I wonder if being able to vaccinate most of the vulnerable by that point, combined with the (hopefully) lower numbers in the summer months will mean the government are happy to let big events go ahead on the basis that its people's choice whether to attend such events. With it being summer and if the vulnerable have been vaccinated, we should be looking at very low hospital admissions and strain on the NHS. 

The entire hospitality industry is on its knees already. If summer gets cancelled again then there's no hope. 

Perhaps they'll bring in quarantine for those who have attended festivals or similar? No idea on the feasibility or whether it'd do any good. 

• Like 1

End of September would be a dodgy time of year to hold it, from a weather perspective. If they did it at all, I think it would be early September, and if the country is in such a state they can't hold big festivals at the end of June, I don't see that it provides much more security to them to plan just ten weeks later.

I think if it doesn't happen in June, we're looking at a 2022 return, if they can afford it.

If they actually did want to move to September then the availability of acts is going to be thrown up into the air. There are a lot of north american fests in Sept alone now and going into Oct that would remove a lot of talent off the books. Anyone going to say that Bonnaroo, Austin City Limits and Coachella ( looking strongly  for an  early October 2021 move btw ) wouldnt have swallowed up enough talent with the head starts they already have? Thats not even including Primavera Sound Los Angeles, Life Is Beautiful in Vegas, Riot Fest in Chicago and iHeart which is also in Vegas who gets a lot of mainstream/major label acts. So yeah, September is a bad idea to even consider due to a whole other continent having its go at everyone already. 

And Reading/Leeds will have just happened so whatever acts that end up there have likely already booked their post festival commitments. Even End Of The Road would have a few acts that Glasto would book.

If Emily is going to throw in the towel then its for 2022 and not late 2021.  I dont even wanna hear this right now either. 😫

Well this is a cheery first thread to read this morning.

I'm going to hold on to my blind optimism and wilful ignorance of whats plain as day a little longer.

They're still selling tickets for the Oh Sees at SWX in Bristol for the 5th November (week after next) so everything MUST be going to be alright by then

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig