possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

trains might be a little more challenging ....

Do it at Paddington and you'd catch a very high percentage.

Maybe Bristol Temple Meads and/or Reading as well as loads of people will change there and you'd have a vast majority.

Pick up the rest at Castle Cary.

Sorted.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Do it at Paddington and you'd catch a very high percentage.

Maybe Bristol Temple Meads and/or Reading as well as loads of people will change there and you'd have a vast majority.

Pick up the rest at Castle Cary.

Sorted.

ideally you'd want it at departure points when people start the journeys ... but I guess that would be impossible although add in a pre departure test that might work although might be too difficult to implement ..

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

There is no chance that they’ll have 200,000 people turning up to be tested for COVID!! What If 100 of them are positive? What happens to the car they travelled in, the train coach, the bus!

Makes no sense at all to me. 

thats why testing at departure points is preferable for something like coaches 

Edited by crazyfool1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Again delays etc....

Personally I’d suggest Something like you’ve had to of had a test 1/2 weeks prior.  Of course a few will slip through the net but you’d know the massive % would be ok. 

Just now, sisco said:

Again delays etc....

Personally I’d suggest Something like you’ve had to of had a test 1/2 weeks prior.  Of course a few will slip through the net but you’d know the massive % would be ok. 

get there a few hours prior like you would for a flight it could work ... 

7 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I would understand the testing, but as others have said, imagine getting there after hours travelling to get turned away. 

I honestly don't think my anxiety could take thinking about it all the way travelling down 

Yeah I'm already checking my ticket pocket every 17 seconds on the way down from Manchester never mind this thrown on. I don't drive either what happens if I test positive and my mate doesn't? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I can see how they could do testing at departure points for coaches and would prefer that to getting all the way to the site. Slight moral issue for us in that we would then have to decide whether to get back on the tube or get a cab to get back home again if testing positive. Best part of an hour of travel to the coach station for us, or 90 minutes maybe if going from Greenwich.

Right now you don’t have to take a test before you go on holiday but for certain areas you are advised to quarantine on your return. 

By next June, if there is any risk of catching Covid at Glastonbury the official advice will be to quarantine after leaving the site. Most of us generally have a week off work to recover anyway so it’s not too much of a hardship to take a bit more time off. 

The more thought I've put into this rumour the more unlikely it can happen.

Festival medical set up a huge operation at Glastonbury and Reading could this infrastructure turn around in very short time?

As stated here the festival relies on many land owners turning over their fields to us who in turn reduce them to dust/mud. The land will not recover to good pasture if a September festival were to happen. 

There is a finite supply of 'festival' infrastructure big tops, metal road tracks, off site accommodation and god knows what else surely the the turn around would be prohibitive even when things run smoothly 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Right now you don’t have to take a test before you go on holiday but for certain areas you are advised to quarantine on your return. 

By next June, if there is any risk of catching Covid at Glastonbury the official advice will be to quarantine after leaving the site. Most of us generally have a week off work to recover anyway so it’s not too much of a hardship to take a bit more time off. 

pretty sure testing for the holiday is going to change ..... but yes 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Seems a lot easier to enforce than mass testing but it's a lot to time to take off for people that can't work from home. We'd be fine as would just work remotely so I'd be happy with this option. Weekly trip to the supermarket and the odd walk aside, it wouldn't be that different to the whole of my April and May this year! 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Totally correct, but when you go on holiday 200,000 people aren’t on the plane or in the hotel. 

It’s very likely Glastonbury will be the first event back, and with it will come the full range of precautions that will slowly reduce over the course of 1-2 years. 

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

But will it? With sporting events limited capacity from October the likely hood is that by March Cheltenham Festival will run at about 1/3 capacity.

that i think will have increased by march as we slowly open up ..... for the economy !!( dido harding ) 

Edited by crazyfool1

Just now, The Crimson King said:

But will it? With sporting events limited capacity from October the likely hood is that by March Cheltenham Festival will run at about 1/3 capacity.

Dido Harding is one of the directors of the company that runs Cheltenham. She will get whatever she wants from this government. 

I’m not so sure I believe the October ticket sale isn’t taking place due to the small number of refunds. If that was the case why did they advertise one in the first place for ? Personally I think it’s more to do with waiting till April to see what the landscape is like regarding the festival taking place. Would be pointless having a ticket sale in October when not knowing how things will pan out. Might just be me clutching at straws 🤷‍♂️.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Dido Harding is one of the directors of the company that runs Cheltenham. She will get whatever she wants from this government. 

She certainly managed to pull this years event off so close to lockdown. And political sway certainly is a trump card (pardon the pun). I just can’t help think that March will be far too soon for a full capacity Cheltenham to happen. It’ll depend on how the football crowds go.

live nations cancellation of the Bryan Adams show in Germany is a good example of people trying too soon, and that was at a vastly reduced capacity. 

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

She certainly managed to pull this years event off so close to lockdown

It’s almost as if lockdown was delayed so that festival could go ahead but that would mean our Tory overlords would be putting personal profits before public health and surely they wouldn’t do that. 🙄

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, toppo said:

The more thought I've put into this rumour the more unlikely it can happen.

Festival medical set up a huge operation at Glastonbury and Reading could this infrastructure turn around in very short time?

It's unlikely FMS would be responsible though.

Part of the problem is that this is all speculation too far ahead to really predict with any accuracy - but if the virus is still an issue come next June, and if (as seems likely) the government want us to get back to as close to normal as possible, and if that involves testing - then it's likely that the government would be coordinating some sort of scheme in place to accommodate that. Glastonbury would just hook into the official scheme.

They've already been setting up drive-thru testing all over the country. It's possible for example that they adapt that into some form of COVID passport scheme, expand it to transport hubs, etc - I think Melvin Benn was hinting at something in that direction in the interview he did the other day.