possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Agree. To move too September they'd at least have to have a plan. 

I actually think with the current levels of the virus the festival would go ahead. 

What, as in August/September 2020 levels? With no vaccine? As in Glastonbury could go ahead now?

Surely you're saying something a bit more nuanced than that? 

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oh and @Matt42 - what did I say about nobody asking for a refund?

I find that shocking to be honest. I thought that a lot of people would just want their money back.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Haven’t you met Matt before 😂

Mate - stop. There’s nothing dramatic in doubting a June festival going ahead in the circumstances we are in now.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I find that shocking to be honest. I thought that a lot of people would just want their money back.

It’s a small amount of money compared to what could be the best party on earth next year. I know for some that amount of money makes a difference, but for most it’s a deposit for normality and would be foolish to be given up.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mate - stop. There’s nothing dramatic in doubting a June festival going ahead in the circumstances we are in now.

Thinking that June is dead in the water but September is fine and dandy sure is though.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What, as in August/September 2020 levels? With no vaccine? As in Glastonbury could go ahead now?

Surely you're saying something a bit more nuanced than that? 

Sorry yeah. If by next year we've opened up schools, stadiums and nightclubs, and levels were the same as they are now, then I think it would go ahead. 

The government are happy with the pressure current prevalence puts on society and the NHS.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I find that shocking to be honest. I thought that a lot of people would just want their money back..

50 quid isn’t a huge amount in the grand scheme of thing, and I don’t wish to be flippant about other people’s circumstances here. That £50 guarantees you a ticket to whenever it does finally happen, and when it does go ahead it’ll be spectacular. Why would you give that up?

If full balances had been paid I’ll concede you may have seen a few more refunds requested.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

50 quid isn’t a huge amount in the grand scheme of thing, and I don’t wish to be flippant about other people’s circumstances here. That £50 guarantees you a ticket to whenever it does finally happen, and when it does go ahead it’ll be spectacular. Why would you give that up?

If full balances had been paid I’ll concede you may have seen a few more refunds requested.

Yep I saw some comparisons to Coachella made, but Coachella have charged people the full ticket price so it’s no surprise a big percentage have wanted that money back. That £50 is most likely forgotten by most at this point and will at some point in the near future be one of the best investments people have made. Damn I wish I was £50 skinter right now.

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Sorry yeah. If by next year we've opened up schools, stadiums and nightclubs, and levels were the same as they are now, then I think it would go ahead. 

The government are happy with the pressure current prevalence puts on society and the NHS.

Ah, gotcha.

I think we'll have a vaccine by then and at the risk of adding to the sense of hyperbole on the board, a vaccine completely changes everything. It doesn't necessarily fix everything and certainly not instantly, but it does mean that every piece of virus data is significantly recontextualised. 

The big takeaway for me on all this that we are now essentially in a holding pattern until March when the festival will need to make a decision as to whether we’re going ahead or not.

The organisers will continue booking acts and making arrangements but like this year it’ll be just before balance day that we get the go/no go decision.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Well now I’m a bit worried that they have outright ruled out a September option. This shouldn’t be off the table unless there’s a very very strong reason.

June stands a very high chance of not going ahead. I’m worried this might doom them to another cancellation.

Hopefully Em’s is just bluffing and trying to quell the rumour for now. 

If June can’t happen and missing another year would be as disastrous as they’ve previously said, why wouldn’t you consider a later date? 

Interesting to see that the reason given for cancelling the October resale was that so few took up the option. Thinking about it logically, tying up 50 quid after the incredible luck of being successful in the original sale is understandable though I do realise some might need it back in the current economic climate. I know of two who said they were going for a refund but seems have held off, still can’t make next year but their thinking is it might be rescheduled again!  Can’t blame them for that I suppose. 

As for September I suppose the bbc might have problems altering their operation to cover the festival. They do seem to commit a helluva lot of resources to it and that might already be required elsewhere. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

So if you test positive, do you just lose your ticket money and not get to go? I can't see another way, but can you imagine?!

Reckon I'll just try and isolate for the 2 weeks prior as well if that is the case. I'm in the fortunate position where work would allow that.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Well now I’m a bit worried that they have outright ruled out a September option. This shouldn’t be off the table unless there’s a very very strong reason.

June stands a very high chance of not going ahead. I’m worried this might doom them to another cancellation.

A few days ago we hadn’t had the September option .... now it’s being discussed on here the festival have moved to quash that bit of uncertanty .... it’s much easier for people to try and plan around fixed dates ... would be nice if they quashed the headliner rumour at the same time and gave us back Taylor and macca :) 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

One minor caveat I'd put on that - a decent percentage of the tickets sold will be coach packages with the full fare paid up front - so someone coming from Glasgow will have paid over £150 up front.

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

So if you test positive, do you just lose your ticket money and not get to go? I can't see another way, but can you imagine?!

Well you'll get your money back. Or get a ticket for next years festival I reckon. Yeah, that's not fun at all but if, in a worst case scenario, a hundred (or even a couple of hundreds) people test positive and get their money back that's only a small sacrifice for a 60-120K capacity festival. 

This will probably be a good plan b if that vaccine takes longer than anticipated. R+L aren't the only festivals looking at this at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

How far in advance would the tests be done? Just imagining the scenes on here as people wait for their results!

Well there's already a medical centre in Israel where they use tests that tell you if you're positive instantly, within a second. So I guess tests could be done on the day of the festival. 

I have to say I have heard this specific test is as reliable as Putin's vaccine (not), but I'm positive about better working 'insta-tests' way before a good working vaccine. 

Edited by lighthouse