possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Now this may have been said already.

Would 2022 be June again? If so if September 2021 is a shit mudfest  then does that allow the ground to recover. 

I am sure they would think of that of course 

The land usually recovers very quickly though I suppose others on here are better qualified to answer that. 

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Now this may have been said already.

Would 2022 be June again? If so if September 2021 is a shit mudfest  then does that allow the ground to recover. 

I am sure they would think of that of course 

im sure that would be fine .... doesnt take long for grass to grow back ..... mind you the cows might need a break ... somewhere like moo zealand ... ill get my fleece ...

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

But they've not rescheduled the dates yet have they? I mean in the event that the dates are rescheduled.

I still think April would be a reasonable time to have it. Dont think it has to be 2 months before the festival. Ever think they want to give people more time to sort themselves out this go round?  Not everyone is just going to be sitting around and ready to go, especially anyone international.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

We could have an answer to this by Christmas Day.  The current licence allows for one festival per year, with sale of alcohol allowed from 1st June until the Monday following the festival.  There are no set dates for the festival in the licence so theoretically the alcohol sales conditions could allow for a move to September without a licence change.

However, there is a licence condition that GFL have to submit an Event Management Plan 180 days before commencement of the event, which means that if they haven’t submitted one by 25 December 2020 a 23rd June 2021 event isn't happening.

This could be the best Christmas present you've ever had.

This is the detail I love on this forum.

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

I'm fine with any date at this point. I'm just hoping when it does go ahead I dont have to quarentine for 4 weeks in order to go!

I can't imagine a situation that is forcing people to quarantine, yet allows a quarter of million people to get off their tits and sing at the top of their lungs in densely packed crowds for five days.  That just seems honkers.

So I'd say, if Glasto is on, quarantining is off.

Edit: I meant "bonkers", not "honkers", but I'm keeping it in!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Or it will be a good thing. A lot of tours are looking at late 2021 to give the situation enough time. Usually late summer is less busy for touring acts, but if there is a big fat question mark on whether early summer events can go ahead I can see many not wanting to sign up for things that are too soon.

Sept in the U.S is now a pretty busy month and more festivals have scheduled themselves for that time before the fall rush of tours. ( Riot Fest, Primavera LA, Life Is Beautiful, iHeart Radio Fest ) And considering that Coachella is prepared to go to October if need be next year then there is going to be a huge scramble between them and Austin City Limits securing bookings. So Glasto hopefully does put itself at the early part of the month.

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can't imagine a situation that is forcing people to quarantine, yet allows a quarter of million people to get off their tits and sing at the top of their lungs in densely packed crowds for five days.  That just seems honkers.

So I'd say, if Glasto is on, quarantining is off.

Ah, the logic, it feels refreshing. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Used a hot water bottle camping in March in the Lake District, bloody thing was nearly frozen in the morning. Surely there’s only one way to fill them, heat water and pour it in. 

Oh no no no.. you have a lot to learn!

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

This is probably going to need it’s own thread

😂😂😂😂

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, March Hare said:

I’m in. Is this what is being asked?

If it’s cold I’ll put a fleece on.

If it’s cold at night I’ll take two sleeping bags.

It’s it rains it’s no different to a rainy day in June.

Fantastic that there is a plan b for 2021.

As Billy Connolly once said; there's no such thing as 'bad weather, only the wrong clothes. Get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little'

It is not cold in September, the one upside is that the sub acts get to perform in the dark. How many sub sets have you been disappointed with as they happened in daylight? In the last two festivals alone I can think of The National, Biffy and Vampire Weekend that all would have been better in the dark. 

The whole after dark vibe from around 7:30pm a whole 2.5 hours earlier, okay doing an all nighter for the sunrise will require a robust constitution.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GMF said:

It is not cold in September, the one upside is that the sub acts get to perform in the dark. How many sub sets have you been disappointed with as they happened in daylight? In the last two festivals alone I can think of The National, Biffy and Vampire Weekend that all would have been better in the dark. 

The whole after dark vibe from around 7:30pm a whole 2.5 hours earlier, okay doing an all nighter for the sunrise will require a robust constitution.

plus the late sunrise too, 7:00ish AM in Sept vs 4.45ish AM in June, potential heavy going!