possibly happening in September...?

eFestivals

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I must admit I would be a bit dubious on the weather! June is already a bit dicey, but at least you have the lighter evenings. In London this weekend it feels very autumnal and it's still August! That said we do have nice weather in September quite often. Only festival I've ever done at that time of year was Electric Picnic in Ireland. I remember it being okay in the daytime but really chilly at night (mind you I had a crap tent).

Would be up for it if it means it can go ahead of course. For the ticketless, do we think an April resale still? Or possibly later? Maybe July or something...

The ticket page has already updated stating an April resale. 

Last year I went on site end of September and it can get pretty wet and muddy in parts!! If we have a wet summer in the later months could cause some issues with site build but I guess no more than April and May!! 
selfishly I could always drive home if things were to bad each day!! The nights would Definately be much colder thts been noticeable this week!! 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wrap the fuck up!

Was just going to say.... we were at electric fields couple of years back 1st weekend in September. Was hats, scarf, glove weather at night but taps aff during the day.

Coldest weather ever for me in a tent. If your not asleep within 20mins you’re done.

Rather that than rain though or no festivals.

3 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Sept = shroom season. Apropos of nothing at all... 

Oooh always forget about that, maybe I should be going for some country walks now....oh bugger still quarantined for another 10 days 😞

2 hours ago, incident said:

Potentially fucking cold at night. But I don't think the chance/amount of rain would be all that different to June.

I was at a festival in the second weekend of September last year and overnight was the coldest I've ever been, by far. Though that was in the Midlands.

EOTR runs the first weekend in September in the South West and as I understand it usually has decent weather.

Bestival used to run the second weekend of September on the IOW, and had a mixture of weather - some great years, and some washouts.

The first Glastonbury, or Pilton Pop Festival, was the third weekend of September so there's an anniversary there if they choose to use it.

Imagine working a night shift on the gates at a September festival!? Blimey that would be cold.

Rain would be my very slight concern but it wouldn’t stop me going and having a great time. 

30 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If it does happen in September it would mean there would only be 9 months till the next one 😁

A month, or possibly just weeks, until the next ticket day would be quite scary. 

I think I’d still prefer June, even as someone who doesn’t cope very well in heat like last year’s festival, but if it’s a choice of September or nothing I’ll happily take September. It would be quite interesting having Glastonbury, Reading & Leeds and All Points East all within a couple of weeks.