2022 Headliners

GrooveCity

Just now, GrooveCity said:

It's looking like possibly Covid might destroy 2021 festival. Still early for 2022, but let the speculation begin!

I think this is a bit premature. There are months left to play out, and who knows for certain how next year (and indeed subsequent years) will play out.

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Too early?

Thinking 2020’s headliners stand a fair chance at being re-booked. I’m wondering who may be a target if one doesn’t come through.

Can’t see past the current 3 at the moment, and I imagine that’ll largely ring true for most of the festival scene doing their best to just copy and paste their headliners/lineups over two years. I’m sure there’ll be a few acts across the scene that decide not to tour for whatever reason, but overall I imagine it’s all gonna look pretty similar, headliner-wise especially. 

Current three surely the aim, guess it's easy to think that with the quality across the board and all three of them having been in the wishlist for so long before they even got announced. 

If we do get em the real fun starts in '23, pretty much a blank slate at that point. (Or arctic monkeys, muse and Coldplay)

32 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Wasn’t Billy Banjo & Chums a likely sub? Wherever they were supposed to be in 2020, hopefully they won’t in 2022

The Sunday sub was never formally announced which lead to some speculation that it’d be a big act doing a special guest appearance for the 50th. Emily then said the Banjo Botherers were lined up for a guest appearance somewhere and that seems the most likely place for them.

You’d think they won’t bother with that again.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

As someone who would like the lineup to be as close to 2020 as possible - with some newbies scattered across like Doja Cat etc - I am crossing all my fingers.

Really think you need to let go of your Doja Cat hope. Just don’t see her being booked at all, especially when R/L, Wireless, Parklife etc will all offer her a shitload more money to play there instead. 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really think you need to let go of your Doja Cat hope. Just don’t see her being booked at all, especially when R/L, Wireless, Parklife etc will all offer her a shitload more money to play there instead. 

She seems to have pulled out of R&L for 2021 interestingly. 

Not changing my mind until it is impossible 🙂