Headliner Prediction Game

2 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Agreed 

Yeah it’s not to piss on chips but Liam and Travis are huge ticket sellers. If they’ve got them both they could just do a Dua Lipa / Catfish coheadline or something to close it off. No need to label 3 other acts as headliners.

In my opinion this will be a good thing as it will broaden R&L’s headline pool, but i don’t know how say this in a nicer way - if you’re expecting the 6 headliners to be 6 blockbusters I’m afraid you need to temper your expectations.

I am sticking with 

Liam - self confirmed

Dua - already headlining other places and very much a ‘new’ festival headliner.

BMTH - Overdue and this is probably the best time for it to happen

Courteeners - I know the festival would make them headliners one day - same as bmth, feels like now is the best time.

Lewis - headlining other festivals - can’t see why it would be any different for R&L. He’s also not someone who would headline R&L on a normal year so it makes sense for this year.

Dave - A strong option (which is why I think he’s the least likely) but he’s someone I imagine reading would want to make a headliner soon anyway. I haven’t seen anything from him to suggest he’s around or even started making a new album so that’s where my hesitation lies.

All of these acts in theory are bump ups, or acts on the way to headlining / got close or never got it over the line. They will also go down well with R&L’s attendees.

I think the only one I’m not sure of is Dave but they could surprise me.

If not Dave I’l predict Halsey. But I’m going to go with Dave because I think they would fight hard to get a uk hip hop artist booked.

Edited by Matt42

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah it’s not to piss on chips but Liam and Travis are huge ticket sellers. If they’ve got them both they could just do a Dua Lipa / Catfish coheadline or something to close it off. No need to label 3 other acts as headliners.

In my opinion this will be a good thing as it will broaden R&L’s headline pool, but i don’t know how say this in a nicer way - if you’re expecting the 6 headliners to be 6 blockbusters I’m afraid you need to temper your expectations.

I am sticking with 

Liam - self confirmed

Dua - already headlining other places and very much a ‘new’ festival headliner.

BMTH - Overdue and this is probably the best time for it to happen

Courteeners - I know the festival would make them headliners one day - same as bmth, feels like now is the best time.

Lewis - headlining other festivals - can’t see why it would be any different for R&L. He’s also not someone who would headline R&L on a normal year so it makes sense for this year.

Dave - A strong option (which is why I think he’s the least likely) but he’s someone I imagine reading would want to make a headliner soon anyway. I haven’t seen anything from him to suggest he’s around or even started making a new album so that’s where my hesitation lies.

All of these acts in theory are bump ups, or acts on the way to headlining / got close or never got it over the line. They will also go down well with R&L’s attendees.

I think the only one I’m not sure of is Dave but they could surprise me.

If not Dave I’l predict Halsey. But I’m going to go with Dave because I think they would fight hard to get a uk hip hop artist booked.

Could Skepta be a straight swap for Dave, and I think Catfish over Courteeners