Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

So which songs are people gagging to hear ? Mine.....

Sam Fender - Will We Talk

James - Tomorrow/Laid - if they play them

Becky Hill - Crazy What Love Can Do 

Vaccines - Wetsuit 

Kasabian - Treat 

Elvana - Breed 

Cant wait to see Russel Kane as well. 

44 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Who prefers the hillsborough park set up to the old? It’s grown on me, but I still prefer when the venues were spread out (I loved cathedral) and it meant could get way more involved in the fringe. 

I love them both, I wish they would coexist on different weekends. 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, Jack.194 said:

Any suggestions on who to see at Tramlines on the Saturday? Going mainly for Kasabian as my fiancée is obsessed, but only got a few other acts to see on top of that atm

If you haven’t ever seen everly pregnant brothers, and particularly if you’re a yorkshireman, then you’re in for a treat. 

Just back, was a good Tramlines this year but not quite up to previous years imo, granted I missed Saturday as went to see Phoebe Bridgers in Manchester instead. 

Weather was crap but 2019 was way worse and after a few beers that didn't matter. Fender smashed his headline spot, and Wombats were mint as always. Scouting for Girls surprisingly good fun, and Becky Hill isn't too my taste but enjoyed how much the crowd was into her set. 

Maybe I'm just getting old but did feel like there was a few dickheads about this year, and all of them very young. Also today (Sunday) felt quite overcrowded, although bar queues were basically non existent so wasn't too much of a problem. 

Looking forward to next year already, hope I can snag super early bird tickets mind you cause swear prices keep jumping up. 

5 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Another class weekend, Fender and Self Esteem the highlights for me.

Anyone heard anything about a change of location next year?

Hear something about a change of location but surely an announcement some time prior to tickets going on sale would have had to have been made? 

hope not though as found a good location where it is. Unless going down the lines of a twinned festival like Leeds and reading? 

Be interesting if anything is afoot but fingers crossed we keep our festival in It’s home of Sheffield 

I saw some good sets on the main stage this year (especially Inhaler and The Wombats), but it definitely felt like a sparser lineup than the last two Tramlines I attended in 2019 and 2021. Last year, I kept shuttling between the main stage, Th'Other Stage, the BBC Introducing stage, and the Library stage (and even the Open Arms for Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer). This year, I hadn't even heard of any of the acts on the Library stage, and I was underwhelmed by the offerings on the Leadmill stage, even though I watched most of them because they were the only things on in the lulls between the Main stage acts. Aside from a bit of comedy, I didn't see anything on Th'Other Stage this year, and the schedule clashes meant that I missed acts I otherwise would have loved to have seen, like Kelis. 

As a non-local, I went out of my way to go to Tramlines because--the last two years anyway--they had one of the best lineups in the UK. But I'm getting the sense that they have no incentive to curate a great, diverse lineup when even one this pared-down resulted in sold-out tickets. 

Only went for Friday. 

James as per usual were brilliant!

Sam Fender, the sound was pretty lousy near(ish) the front so moved to the right side near the food wagons and much louder. 

For the last song we thought we'd move further back for the escape and my goodness, the sound at the back of the arena was MUCH louder than anywhere near the front! 😄 

Not sure why people moaning about the lineup, it thought it was great. Lots of artists I got to discover before going so people just need to listen to more music. 

Definitely seemed a lot busier than previous years and the beer prices are really starting to sting. Barely any queue for bars though, most times got served straight away.

The no re-entry thing is bollocks and they need to scrap that.

Highlights:  

Working Men’s Club

Sam Fender

Self Esteem

Sigrid

Sports Team

Orla Gartland

Lady Leshurr

Sheafs

Elvana!

Yard Act 

On the train back to Hull. Highlights were James on Friday, Vaccines/Kasabian Saturday and Kelis on Sunday. 

The Vaccines have become such a great live band and I’d put Serge as a better front man than Tom, he was brilliant. 

Kelis’ remixing Gravel Pit into Milkshake and then smells like teen spirit into Bounce without a break was incredible, and that girl can fucking sing and move ! 

Already booked a farmhouse apartment 10 minutes from the park for next year so hope they don’t move it from there. 

For the most part everyone was nice and friendly, a group of young kids were trying to rush the VIP entrance with no wristbands before Kasabian and walking to VIP on the Saturday night a young lad in his 20’s I think was showing off to his mates and elbowed my mate and when he spilled his own drink called my mate a dickhead and they all started laughing. 

They melted and shat their pants when we both turned round though. “We was only joking” to which my mate replied “you don’t call people you don’t know dickheads for a joke” , and then jabbed the lad with one finger quite hard in his belly button, it was all a bit strange as even though I look Edward Norton in American History X I’m not one for trouble at all 

Edited by swede
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Anybody got 2023 tickets tonight?

Sorted mine but really hoping that Tramlines comes alongside a long rumoured headline gig at Hillsborough Park next summer! 

Got mine! Seemed a lot easier this year too! 

fingers crossed for that one! I’ve said no to a stag do because it was on the rumoured weekend 😂

26 minutes ago, the hitcher said:

Got mine! Seemed a lot easier this year too! 

fingers crossed for that one! I’ve said no to a stag do because it was on the rumoured weekend 😂

Got mine too. I thought it was easier/quick as well. I noticed the ticket company they use seems to have changed this year, so maybe that made a difference- See Tickets do Glastonbury after all (not that that's necessarily a ringing endorsement of the system!).

9 hours ago, James179 said:

That’d be too good an opportunity for them to pass up. 
Surely they’ll be doing everything they can to secure them

They couldn't even secure a Jarvis solo set when he been touring for multiple years so I wouldn't be so sure. Tramlines festival will hold no sentimental value to Pulp

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

They couldn't even secure a Jarvis solo set when he been touring for multiple years so I wouldn't be so sure. Tramlines festival will hold no sentimental value to Pulp

Put sentimentality to one side, as much as I love Pulp which Uk festivals would realistically book them to headline. You’ve got IOW, Latitude and then the slightly smaller ones like Tramlines etc so it’s not that far of a stretch. They don’t fit R&L demographic for headliners anymore and Glasto won’t give them top slot. 

I was thinking today who I’d like to see headline next year. Pulp, Paolo Nutini, plus another with Jamie T somewhere on the bill was as far as I got tbh, my heads still a bit puzzled from the weekends festivities 🤣

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Perhaps worth noting that Nick Banks, drummer for Pulp, was also there this weekend as drummer for Everly Pregnant Brothers... so there's connections there, at least.