Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

8 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

shame about that Kasabian-Sigrid-Alfie Templeman clash! ah well. thankfully I think that's the only notable one for me

The leadmill stage headliners were in much earlier than the main stage last year, the overlap between Kasabian and Alfie Templeman might be minimal

Still think it’s a poor lineup, splits really show that. Especially with the price hike feels like the undercard should be a bit better, headliners are decent enough. Actually missing Saturday now cause seeing Phoebe Bridgers in Manchester instead. Shame to miss vaccines but seeing them at a couple of other festivals. 

Very surprised Becky hill is in the tent mind. Wouldn’t be shocked if she draws a bigger crowd that Madness. Surely she should be a main stage sub? 

Edited by thatTFBguy

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Is that the big Leadmill announcement? The AM Hilsborough gigs?

It is interesting timing 😜

I'm meaning the Hillsborough gigs

I don't think the Hillsborough gigs will be announced while after R&L. I could be wrong on that though. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2022 at 7:50 PM, thatTFBguy said:

Was always a good booking but given his continued rise and Glasto set, Tramlines has played a blinder getting Sam Fender.

Arguably too big for the slot now! It'll be a mint show. Gotta decide which Toon shirt to wear now mind you. 

Fender at Glasto and Kasabians slot at Isle of Wight have really made the headline slots very good bookings.

Also Self Esteems set should be a cracker after how she went down at Glastonbury.  

Think some of the support acts are a bit weaker but these alone make it great value.

• Like 1

Looks like the food in the VIP area has had a major upgrade this year. A place called Stripclub Streetfood are doing burgers and they look absolutely amazing on their instagram, and theres going to be a stonebaked pizza place in there as well. 

On 7/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, swede said:

Looks like the food in the VIP area has had a major upgrade this year. A place called Stripclub Streetfood are doing burgers and they look absolutely amazing on their instagram, and theres going to be a stonebaked pizza place in there as well. 

Where have you seen this?

On 7/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, swede said:

You had me at food. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Any murmurs of tram strikes this year, or have we got away with it? Massive pain last year ended up getting an Uber from west street, and sorting taxis back after were a nightmare. 

Not heard anything as yet.

Last year it was no trams due to the works on the track at Shalesmoor and previous year a strike.  Not good.

We head back towards Stocksbridge and our public transport afterwards is a nightmare.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

On 7/12/2022 at 12:13 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Oh lord almighty, there is.

It just depends how suitably drunk you are and whether that swings it in th end!

I'd never be drunk enough to eat at those shit in a tray burger vans where the burgers and hotdogs have been out all day 

Is there a complete guide to fringe this year? I'm guessing there isn't but there is always some decent stuff on in the city centre and I'm guessing it's all unofficial now.

Seen that Network has got a solid metal line up on the Sunday but not much for the rest of the week (seeing Phoebe Bridgers on the Sat but it'd be nice to have something on the Friday). 

doomlines-1140x1612.thumb.jpeg.3cfbe5cd2510c52e5234add207983ef7.jpeg

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

Is there a complete guide to fringe this year? I'm guessing there isn't but there is always some decent stuff on in the city centre and I'm guessing it's all unofficial now.

Seen that Network has got a solid metal line up on the Sunday but not much for the rest of the week (seeing Phoebe Bridgers on the Sat but it'd be nice to have something on the Friday). 

doomlines-1140x1612.thumb.jpeg.3cfbe5cd2510c52e5234add207983ef7.jpeg

https://issuu.com/exposed_magazine/docs/fringefestival2022_online

https://clashfinder.com/m/tramlinesfringe2022/?fbclid=IwAR1rHzN-cwsAulknqoCLM-1a21oOfjyaz05O-bex6I8MUzaJe_gEnmWZQ-Q&

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Any suggestions on who to see at Tramlines on the Saturday? Going mainly for Kasabian as my fiancée is obsessed, but only got a few other acts to see on top of that atm

My Saturday list is ....

October Drift or Everly Pregnant Brothers

Sheafs

Inhaler

Crawlers

Little Man Tate

Self Esteem

Kasabian

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, Jack.194 said:

Any suggestions on who to see at Tramlines on the Saturday? Going mainly for Kasabian as my fiancée is obsessed, but only got a few other acts to see on top of that atm

Sigrid over Kasabian

I would check out: 

working men’s club

just mustard 

self esteem

orla gartland

Sheafs

perfectparachutepicture

elvana

yard act

edit: I see you said Saturday only 

AFCD0A29-727C-4453-AA66-242FF211556C.jpeg