Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

4 hours ago, JBarbour said:

They couldn't even secure a Jarvis solo set when he been touring for multiple years so I wouldn't be so sure. Tramlines festival will hold no sentimental value to Pulp

JARV IS doesn't really suit the mostly landfill indie of the festival though so no point booking them half way down second stage. Pulp could have their own day curated - very different ball park imo

We debated bothering again with the no re-entry. I have access issues and either end up missing earlier acts to have the energy to see the headliners, or leave early and miss the headliners. I should add, absolutely no fault of their access scheme, which was great.

In the end we got the Tier 1 tickets, but will be keen to know if re-entry policy changes. Anyone know why it is? Is it a licensing thing? I found 2019 so much more manageable.

I’d love it if Pulp headlined, but I can’t see it. Would like to see Gerry Cinnamon and Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott next year.

Also spotted Casey Lowry did a last minute set at the fringe. Think he’d be a decent addition on the undercard. 

Edited by neato

Drummer Nick Banks said the band had a list of "potential" dates and places but could not confirm exact details.

It comes after frontman Jarvis Cocker teased a potential reunion on social media.

Banks said it had been a "couple of months" of planning for the Sheffield-based band but everything was yet to be finalised.

Cocker reportedly told a Guardian Live event on Monday evening that the tease was "deliberately cryptic" but Pulp would perform next year.

"It's not bad [news] is it?", Banks told BBC Radio Sheffield, confirming the concerts were happening in 2023.

Asked if he would play in his hometown of Sheffield, he said: "It doesn't take the brain of Britain to put those dots together."

45 minutes ago, neato said:

We debated bothering again with the no re-entry. I have access issues and either end up missing earlier acts to have the energy to see the headliners, or leave early and miss the headliners. I should add, absolutely no fault of their access scheme, which was great.

In the end we got the Tier 1 tickets, but will be keen to know if re-entry policy changes. Anyone know why it is? Is it a licensing thing? I found 2019 so much more manageable.

I’d love it if Pulp headlined, but I can’t see it. Would like to see Gerry Cinnamon and Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott next year.

Also spotted Casey Lowry did a last minute set at the fringe. Think he’d be a decent addition on the undercard. 

It did say when purchasing the tickets that the no re-entry will be in place still.

Definitely feels a bad move on their part for the fans, I appreciate why they do it and how much more money it’ll make them through drinks sales. But it definitely damages the experience for fans.

It didn’t help last year them stating it was due to Covid policies, not an issue anymore but still keeping that rule.

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, Adster said:

I got kicked back to the queue when it turned 6 and never got back in on the pc. Thankfully I got in on my phone in time to get early bird tickets.

It was far too Glastonbury-like for my liking 😂

Same for me - both lap tops queuing and then my Wife got in straight away on phone.  Got Eraly Bird too.  Still very good value IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

What’s in the VIP area? They should scrap that and put something else there. 

I know it’s limited by size, etc. but tramlines needs an area that you can go to chill and an area that plays some electronic/dj. 

It’s just a covered seating area, a bar, a few food stalls and toilets. 

3 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

I know it’s limited by size, etc. but tramlines needs an area that you can go to chill and an area that plays some electronic/dj. 

Agree on the DJ area.  There was a Rum Bar that had a DJ and tunes blasting out and was busy all the time with people.

3 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

The VIP is an absolute blessing, absolutely love it. . My wife has a chronic illness she only got diagnosed 3 years ago in her mid 30's, before that we did Glasto every year but she cant handle the walking now. 

If it wasnt for the VIP, especially getting a picnic bench for our group, the Saturday would have been a right off as my wife forgot to take her beater blockers the night before, so being able to chill for a few hours and still enjoy the festival until she was right was great for our group. 

Plus I think I queued for 2 ciders there all weekend, straight to the bar the rest of the time. 

• Like 1

All credit to the festival organisers, I've never been to a festival with such small queues to get in and for the bars and toilets.

Although running out of cider mid way through Saturday wasn't great planning. I refuse to count chemical tasting dark fruit alcopops at £6.20 a can as cider.

6 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Only the Craft Bar serving draft is pretty bad. I can deal with festival beer prices but paying £6 for literally a can of Red Stripe is tough to swallow. 

A friend I saw in the Sunday had snuggled cans and wine in both sat and Sunday, so I’ll be taking some cans in next year. 

I’d also like to know if anyone got caught by the sniffer dogs. 

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

A friend I saw in the Sunday had snuggled cans and wine in both sat and Sunday, so I’ll be taking some cans in next year. 

I’d also like to know if anyone got caught by the sniffer dogs. 

They didn't ask to look at my bottle of "water" on any of the 3 days, 2 days I never even removed it from my pocket.

It seems a side effect of covid is that festival entry staff won't touch you, anything not obvious and non-metal is easy to get in. Trnsmt I literally just had a caprisun full of rum in my sock. I don't know about anything dogs might be looking for.

9 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I took a pouch of Rum in my pocket on Sunday and one in a picnic rug on Saturday.

Wife had a couple of pouches of Gin 'on her person' Friday and Saturday.

We did have 3 bottles of 7 Up confiscated though.

Ha using the 7up as a distraction, good plan.