Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Fantastic second day. 

Royal Blood amazing - performance of the weekend easily. 

Lathums, Blossoms and Sherlocks very good. 

Looking forward to Snuts and Reytons tomorrow. 

Felt the crowd for Royal Blood was pretty lacking. Neither headliner seems to have pulled a very engaged crowd so far. Maybe Supergrass will be the exception. 

Back home now. Very enjoyable weekend overall. Circa Waves, Bloxx and Vistas my highlights. The novelty of actually being at a festival never wore off all weekend. Looking forward to 2022 already. 

Also have to say I was shocked at how badly Supergrass stunk out the main stage today. 

One of the worst performances I’ve seen from a headliner at any festival. The crowd was utterly dead and people were leaving in their thousands, most (including us) taking the option of an early exit rather than stick through the whole set. 

We tried to go to the ABBA party as an alternative and it was so rammed we couldn’t even hear the speakers from how far back we had to stand. Someone playing an ABBA Gold CD was pulling in a bigger crowd than a headliner. 

Surely that sort of reaction should mean that Supergrass is done as a headliner going forward. I don’t like his music but Dizzie Rascal should have been upgraded after Ashcroft bailed. He pulled in probably the biggest crowd of the weekend and had people jumping all the way back at the bars.

I felt almost bad for Supergrass having to follow that up. They failed completely. 

50 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Back home now. Very enjoyable weekend overall. Circa Waves, Bloxx and Vistas my highlights. The novelty of actually being at a festival never wore off all weekend. Looking forward to 2022 already. 

Also have to say I was shocked at how badly Supergrass stunk out the main stage today. 

One of the worst performances I’ve seen from a headliner at any festival. The crowd was utterly dead and people were leaving in their thousands, most (including us) taking the option of an early exit rather than stick through the whole set. 

We tried to go to the ABBA party as an alternative and it was so rammed we couldn’t even hear the speakers from how far back we had to stand. Someone playing an ABBA Gold CD was pulling in a bigger crowd than a headliner. 

Surely that sort of reaction should mean that Supergrass is done as a headliner going forward. I don’t like his music but Dizzie Rascal should have been upgraded after Ashcroft bailed. He pulled in probably the biggest crowd of the weekend and had people jumping all the way back at the bars.

I felt almost bad for Supergrass having to follow that up. They failed completely. 

Agreed in all honesty. Dizzee my set of the weekend, great vibes

Comments are a bit harsh on Supergrass.  Musically they were up there with the best of the weekend.  

The problem they had was following Dizzee who was phenomenal and probably the best performance of the 3 years at Hillsborough Park.  I recon its the real reason Ashcroft pulled out as he did not want to follow Dizzee. 

Overall a fantastic weekend and amazing it was on.  Royal Blood, Dizzee, The Snuts, The Lathams, Blossoms, The Reytons and The Sherlocks did the event proud. 

12 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Comments are a bit harsh on Supergrass.  Musically they were up there with the best of the weekend.  

The problem they had was following Dizzee who was phenomenal and probably the best performance of the 3 years at Hillsborough Park.  I recon its the real reason Ashcroft pulled out as he did not want to follow Dizzee. 

Overall a fantastic weekend and amazing it was on.  Royal Blood, Dizzee, The Snuts, The Lathams, Blossoms, The Reytons and The Sherlocks did the event proud. 

Think those two images say it all about Supergrass. Terrible call to make them headliners. Just glad they’ve been and gone now, as apparently they were being earmarked for 2022. 

4 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Think those two images say it all about Supergrass. Terrible call to make them headliners. Just glad they’ve been and gone now, as apparently they were being earmarked for 2022. 

I’m a very causal Supergrass fan and they bored me to tears. The set started with a whimper and I left about half way through. The complete wrong kind of Sunday night Tramlines booking. 

As for the rest of the weekend. It was lovely, some great times with friends and family. 

Thought The Snuts & Blossoms were the standout performance and enjoyed Dizzee although I had gone way too hard Friday and Saturday so couldn’t really get into it yesterday. 

23 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Thought The Snuts & Blossoms were the standout performance and enjoyed Dizzee although I had gone way too hard Friday and Saturday so couldn’t really get into it yesterday. 

Shoud've listened to Mike Skinner. He told everyone to slow down so they could make it to Dizzee about fifty times

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Got 3 Super Early Bird tickets at 6.01pm to compensate for my stupidity of getting refunds for 2 spare 2021 tickets as opposed to rolling over.

Some of our group ended up paying Tier 1 pricing so could have been worse.

Was an issue with kids tickets but sorted one for my Daughter now.  £11 this year as opposed to free but no problem with that. 

People will moan about pricing due to the historical ridiculously low prices.  The Festival is obviously growing in size with Friday getting more acts on so again not an issue with the increase.  Prices possibly increased due to the number of people who have rolled over tickets.

2 hours ago, Samjones said:

Quite suprised and dissapointed that prices have pretty much doubled for the early tiers for next year compared to this year. Wonder if this may mean a better lineup or they just see they can grab more money.

I had to pay £110 (tier 1+BF) after the ticket nightmare tonight. Spent over an hour in the virtual queue only to get kicked back twice after the purchasing page errored out. Very frustrating process. Needs looked at for 2023. 

Got Super Early Bird for 2020 so only paid about £50. Steep increase that going from that to over £100. 

Can tolerate a price hike of that degree if the lineup is more to my personal taste or at the very least bands like Supergrass and The Streets aren’t getting headliner status. 

The average punter is going to be paying £150+ this year (tier 3 tickets are already on sale at £140 including BF), with final tier tickets probably being near enough £200. An objectively stronger lineup is a must. 

Unless of course they’re increasing the price because they’re throwing literally all the money possible to overcome Alex Turner’s ego and get AM on the bill! 

Absolutely loved it, already booked VIP for next year with an apartment 20 minute walk from the park. 

Highlights were Little Simz and Dizzee, the later being on the best festival sets I've ever seen, the crowd and performance just both being unreal. 

VIP was a brilliant little set up, queued for one drink all weekend, Saturday we didnt have anyone to watch until The Sherlocks at half five so got in early, got a bench in VIP and spent a good few hours just ploughing ciders and chatting, amazing time after all the shit of being locked away for months on end doing fuck all. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 11:32 PM, sacred shape said:

You watched the wrong bands then! Shelley Byron and the Poison Sleep and Red Rum Club were great and I hadn't heard of them before. The Blinders and Slow Readers Club were solid as expected. Kooks weren't great I'll give you that but I thought Mike Skinner was good - clearly enjoyed it and played all the hits. Never have I seen a festival headliner go on stage actually at set time, which is probably why it finished early

Registered an account just to say (well I might get in on the pre-Green Man discussion too) thank you for the kind words - it was our first ever full gig and an intimidating one so glad to see you enjoyed it!

Enjoyed everything about the weekend but Henge and We Are Not Devo at the Dorothy Pax showcased the best of the fringe for me. Great, odd music in a great venue with a joyful crowd (apart from the guy who stood on a bench which promptly tipped over and caused mayhem 😔)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...