Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

42 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I was looking into this yesterday- turns out they allowed people to be seen as "vaccinated" immediately after dose 1, plus they seemed to have a poorly ventilated big tent for dance music. But you're right about the pings though! I probably will be turning my contact tracing off for Latitude (not least because Bluetooth destroys my battery!) 

Yeah, I considered just deleting or turning off the app and going to Tramlines but if cases do start spreading as a result of the event, they may just tell anyone that attended they have to isolate. So I can't take the risk of another 2 weeks off work when I've been on furlough for the past 6 months.  

A number of other reasons I'm not that fussed this year is the line up is weak for my tastes and I'd imagine the queues are going to epic to get in when they are having to check everyone's covid status as well as tickets.  It will be the first Tramlines I've missed, I may go to a few of the quieter fringe events/bars. 

42 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Yeah, I considered just deleting or turning off the app and going to Tramlines but if cases do start spreading as a result of the event, they may just tell anyone that attended they have to isolate. So I can't take the risk of another 2 weeks off work when I've been on furlough for the past 6 months.  

A number of other reasons I'm not that fussed this year is the line up is weak for my tastes and I'd imagine the queues are going to epic to get in when they are having to check everyone's covid status as well as tickets.  It will be the first Tramlines I've missed, I may go to a few of the quieter fringe events/bars. 

Was fairly smooth at the download pilot, very quick to check the email, check tickets, get the person to scan in. No longer than usual

29 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Looking at Stage times few decisions to make.  

My biggest clash is The Magic Gang who I love with Royal Blood who I just fancy seeing. 

Also The Snuts or Dizzee. 

The Magic Gang are playing a small Venue in York on Mon 2nd Aug - I drive/train from York to Sheffield for gigs all the time and it's only about an hour. See TMG in York and Royal Blood at Tramlines?

I would definitely see the snuts over dizzee personally. 
I keep missing magic gang myself and is a clash for me too, but I look at it as would I buy tickets to see one? Probably wouldn’t buy tickets just to see royal blood, but would like to see them live so that makes my mind up. 
my other clash is blossoms and vistas, again always miss vistas so might take the plunge this year and see them

3 hours ago, James360 said:

I would definitely see the snuts over dizzee personally. 
I keep missing magic gang myself and is a clash for me too, but I look at it as would I buy tickets to see one? Probably wouldn’t buy tickets just to see royal blood, but would like to see them live so that makes my mind up. 
my other clash is blossoms and vistas, again always miss vistas so might take the plunge this year and see them

Blossoms/Vistas is a clash for me as well. Going to see the first 20 mins of Blossoms then head over to see Vistas.

looking at past setlists Blossoms seem to frontload there best stuff anyway, so not too bothered really. 

12 hours ago, sacred shape said:

The Magic Gang are playing a small Venue in York on Mon 2nd Aug - I drive/train from York to Sheffield for gigs all the time and it's only about an hour. See TMG in York and Royal Blood at Tramlines?

That could be a plan.  Had tickets for The Magic Gang at Leadmill but has been moved to when I am holiday.  Also missing DMA's and Milburn.  What a weekend that would have been. 

Never really listened to Royal Blood but think it will be a spectacle. 

7 minutes ago, swede said:

Someone on Twitter reckons pints will be around the £8-10 mark, surely not ! 

Surely not, would be one big kick in the teeth to those while rolled over their tickets. 
if they are that price it will be a sober weekend for many then I would imagine haha

6 hours ago, swede said:

Someone on Twitter reckons pints will be around the £8-10 mark, surely not ! 

Surely not. That’s more then even the likes of R+L. £10 for a pint of Red Stripe in Sheffield can f**k right off.

Frankly any more then £5 considering the beer sponsor is being cheeky, Red Stripe is literally the cheap option in any nightclub. 2019 was at least Camden Town. 

• Upvote 1

Thought it was very flat today.  Hoping for better tomorrow.  Performance of the day was the 30 mins of Sophie Ellis Bextor I watched with the Mrs.  

Pigeon Detectives gave ball a good kick, The Kooks awful from what I saw and should have stayed watching SEB, and as for The Streets, so disappointed and finished 15 mins early. 

See you at 12 tomorrow for Lathums, Sherlocks, Blossoms and Royal Blood. 

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

33 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Thought it was very flat today.  Hoping for better tomorrow.  Performance of the day was the 30 mins of Sophie Ellis Bextor I watched with the Mrs.  

Pigeon Detectives gave ball a good kick, The Kooks awful from what I saw and should have stayed watching SEB, and as for The Streets, so disappointed and finished 15 mins early. 

See you at 12 tomorrow for Lathums, Sherlocks, Blossoms and Royal Blood. 

You watched the wrong bands then! Shelley Byron and the Poison Sleep and Red Rum Club were great and I hadn't heard of them before. The Blinders and Slow Readers Club were solid as expected. Kooks weren't great I'll give you that but I thought Mike Skinner was good - clearly enjoyed it and played all the hits. Never have I seen a festival headliner go on stage actually at set time, which is probably why it finished early

Decent first day for me. Novelty of finally getting to see live music again definitely helped granted. Was nearly in tears just hearing the first act of the day. 

Pigeon Detectives were great fun to start off, loads of dickhead lads in the crowd though.

Circa Waves were absolutely ace, cannot wait to see them next month on their own tour, will almost certainly be my band of the weekend. T-Shirt Weather live felt like gigs had proper returned.

Kooks were fine. Don’t think they’re good live and did nowt to change my mind today. Hits are fun but everything in between is just a bit boring.

Fobbed off The Streets for Jake Bugg at the request of the missus, and glad we did. Very decent atmosphere in tent even if Bugg ain’t my kind of music. The Street looked poor from the clips I’ve seen, and crowd looked dead. Did they first early as well? 

Overall a decent first day back at a festival. Will just say the bar queues were horrific. Like the worst I’ve ever encountered. Took an age to get served every single time. Feels like they needed to hire at least double the staff. Hope that gets better tomorrow. 

Looking forward to Bloxx and Vistas tomorrow and an evening in Leadmill afterward.