Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

3 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Yeah. That’s my overall thoughts. Not a lineup for me, but just seeing live music will be surreal and incredible. 

Not just seeing live music, its gonna be that overall feeling of being at a festival, its blowing my mind just thinking about it. 

3 minutes ago, swede said:

Not just seeing live music, its gonna be that overall feeling of being at a festival, its blowing my mind just thinking about it. 

True. I’m so excited to just walk around the festival site and just take in the crowds. Will be an incredible weekend! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Royal Blood probably wouldn't be doing this if they weren't signed up for 2020.

What you mean wouldn't be doing this? The original line up for 2020 was Brown, Catfish and Madness. It was only some/most of the under-card that got carried over for 2021. 

Edited by JBarbour

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

What you mean wouldn't be doing this? They original line up for 2020 was Brown, Catfish and Madness. It was only some/most of the under-card that got carried over for 2021. 

I’m dumb. Was thinking the other ones they did before the new album.

100% agree with those that say it is a weaker line up, however as I said previously COVID times means they have to get bands who can play rather than go all out for those that come from far and wide to play.

Not too fussed about the streets. I am more than up for royal blood . And super grass were great when I saw them about 9/10 years ago…a fun band to watch.

but more importantly for me is we get to see live music, so I for one will be enjoying every band I see whether it is someone I particularly want to see or just seeing as there is nothing else I fancy watching. I will enjoy being around fellow people who are also out to enjoy the occasion for what it is after being deprived of festivals for so long now.

as well as this I am going to fully enjoy taking my daughter to her first ever festival…so for this and all the reasons above regardless of the line up it is going to be one hell of a party and I cannot wait!

• Upvote 2

I do agree with others that this line up is weak to average at best. I understand some of the struggles the festival and bookers may have faced putting it together and not knowing if it will/could go ahead.

I think going forward we'll get more of these levels of line ups at similar capacity events because of the shifts that have occurred in the music industry in the past year.  

The under-card is lacking. Generally that's where these mid-tier events shine through with a strong under-card of up-and-coming acts. 

Supergrass is a decent replacement considering the circumstances. They are the last band I seen live before COVID hit and they were great, that was in an academy venue though so not sure how they will translate outside, headlining. I believe Supergrass would of been pencilled in for next year.    

17 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I do agree with others that this line up is weak to average at best. I understand some of the struggles the festival and bookers may have faced putting it together and not knowing if it will/could go ahead.

I think going forward we'll get more of these levels of line ups at similar capacity events because of the shifts that have occurred in the music industry in the past year.  

The under-card is lacking. Generally that's where these mid-tier events shine through with a strong under-card of up-and-coming acts. 

Supergrass is a decent replacement considering the circumstances. They are the last band I seen live before COVID hit and they were great, that was in an academy venue though so not sure how they will translate outside, headlining. I believe Supergrass would of been pencilled in for next year.    

Theres still gems on the undercard and other stages though. I've already told my group I'm off to watch Little Simz by myself, she's gonna be huge once her new album drops so it'll be great to catch her in a tent. 

Fickle Friends have dropped out (due to bassist having an injured shoulder, not covid related).

F*ck sake! That’s three bands I’ve lost from an already not to my taste lineup. Basically just Circa Waves, BLOXX and Vistas for me now, and the later two might clash. 

Still glad for any live music but man what are the odds! Least I’ve got Leeds and Neighbourhood Weekender tickets! 

32 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Fickle Friends have dropped out (due to bassist having an injured shoulder, not covid related).

F*ck sake! That’s three bands I’ve lost from an already not to my taste lineup. Basically just Circa Waves, BLOXX and Vistas for me now, and the later two might clash. 

Still glad for any live music but man what are the odds! Least I’ve got Leeds and Neighbourhood Weekender tickets! 

Sound slightly liked you purchased tickets to something not really for you initially

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Sound slightly liked you purchased tickets to something not really for you initially

Purchased them in August 2019, day they went on sale first time so well before any sort of lineup. Live in the area so go every year. 

Totally okay with a lineup not being to my taste just getting frustrated as it feels like everyday someone is dropping out and so far it’s been very skewed to acts I wanted to see. 

7 minutes ago, Maxfmo5 said:

Anybody have any idea of when the tickets will arrive ?

Gigantic still need to send the email requesting details of everyone on the booking party, as I think the tickets are going to have each individuals names on them. That email was supposed to be sent out this week but I still havent received it.  

Anyone seen anything on entry requirements regarding those with immunity? I may have missed it, I am currently COVID positive and come out of isolation Friday this week. I don’t have second vaccine and can’t do lateral flow (absolute shite I did 4 all negative) so will I need my positive confirmation? I’ve emailed tramlines but they never replied. 

Edited by KBR1991

1 hour ago, KBR1991 said:

Anyone seen anything on entry requirements regarding those with immunity? I may have missed it, I am currently COVID positive and come out of isolation Friday this week. I don’t have second vaccine and can’t do lateral flow (absolute shite I did 4 all negative) so will I need my positive confirmation? I’ve emailed tramlines but they never replied. 

At entry, ticket holders (except children under 11) will be asked for proof of EITHER:

A negative COVID result from a lateral flow test taken within the previous 48 hours.

Two vaccination doses, with the second received at least 14 days before

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

At entry, ticket holders (except children under 11) will be asked for proof of EITHER:

A negative COVID result from a lateral flow test taken within the previous 48 hours.

Two vaccination doses, with the second received at least 14 days before

You can’t do lateral flow for 90 days after being COVID positive. 

34 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Will we still need to do all that considering that restrictions will have ended?

I would imagine that will be in place for the rest of the summer, they got to be seen to be doing the right thing.

Perhaps by next summer it won't be.

1 hour ago, Dronx said:

Will we still need to do all that considering that restrictions will have ended?

Pilot events taking place after 19th July will continue to build on the evidence already gathered by the Events Research Programme and trial the use of the NHS app for covid-status certification on a larger scale to inform how crowds can return to large events safely 

41 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

You can’t do lateral flow for 90 days after being COVID positive. 

If you can't prove you are negative with a test or had both jabs you might be stuffed unfortunately 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1