Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

17 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Do you not know of any set name that has been lined up to replace him then?

No idea. The festival peoples found out when everyone else found out by the sounds of it. So they'll be awaiting on the booker sorting something out, if no one can be pulled in, they'll have to rearrange the current line up. 

Just now, JBarbour said:

No idea. The festival peoples found out when everyone else found out by the sounds of it. So they'll be awaiting on the booker sorting something out, if no one can be pulled in, they'll have to rearrange the current line up. 

Incoming Dizzie Rascal headlining a festival in 2021 😂

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I hope you do get stereophonics over supergrass. They're playing Scarborough the Wednesday after so they'll be about 

I agree, haven't seen them live in years but they have never disappointed when I've seen them.  

53 minutes ago, Samjones said:

The vaccines would be a great replacement haha 

too small i'd say, i dont think people would really care if its going ahead but not really of the same size

1 minute ago, thatTFBguy said:

Yikes. That’s a pretty tragic lineup. Tramlines being saved by no festivals for 16 months, normal times that lineup would surely lead to lack of ticket sales. 

Just because it’s not to your taste doesn’t mean it’s dreadful. It’s not completely perfect for me but I’d say from a neutral perspective is a pretty standard quality of lineup compared to previous years

13 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Just because it’s not to your taste doesn’t mean it’s dreadful. It’s not completely perfect for me but I’d say from a neutral perspective is a pretty standard quality of lineup compared to previous years

I mean we’re on a forum for festivals. Don’t think it should come as shock to you that users will express their personal take on a lineup.

Furthermore, I’d still argue that from a neutral perspective it’s pretty weak. The social media reaction I’ve seen since it was announced (even with Ashcroft) solidifies that for me.

Either way I’m still going and will be getting tickets for Tramlines 2022 first chance as well. Not knocking the festival, just think it’s very weak this year from a personal and a neutral perspective. 

23 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Yikes. That’s a pretty tragic lineup. Tramlines being saved by no festivals for 16 months, normal times that lineup would surely lead to lack of ticket sales. 

We arent in normal times though. Bands arent going to come from overseas to play one day at the festival when they couldnt book their own gigs around the festival. So considering the pool of bands at the festivals disposal, at £150 VIP tickets for 3 days music, taking into account I haven't seen live music since Feb 2020, or been to a festival since Aug 2019, I'm ecstatic to be even going. 

Edited by swede
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

I mean we’re on a forum for festivals. Don’t think it should come as shock to you that users will express their personal take on a lineup.

Furthermore, I’d still argue that from a neutral perspective it’s pretty weak. The social media reaction I’ve seen since it was announced (even with Ashcroft) solidifies that for me.

Either way I’m still going and will be getting tickets for Tramlines 2022 first chance as well. Not knocking the festival, just think it’s very weak this year from a personal and a neutral perspective. 

The social media reaction baffles me, it shows how spoilt people are, we havent had a sniff of a festival for 15 months and people are still complaining. 

They could have replaced Ashcroft with anyone half decent and id still be happy to be watching live music in a field with a cider in hand. 

The atmosphere over that weekend and energy from both bands and fans is going to be unreal. 

People don't exactly go on social media to say how much they like things. Who are they calling for instead, out of interest?

Seems like a strong lineup to me. Royal Blood probably wouldn't be doing this if they weren't signed up for 2020. The Streets are perfect for this crowd. Supergrass are a decent replacement. The line up has good depth for a UK only lineup. Can't knock it.

8 minutes ago, swede said:

The social media reaction baffles me, it shows how spoilt people are, we havent had a sniff of a festival for 15 months and people are still complaining. 

They could have replaced Ashcroft with anyone half decent and id still be happy to be watching live music in a field with a cider in hand. 

The atmosphere over that weekend and energy from both bands and fans is going to be unreal. 

Yeah. That’s my overall thoughts. Not a lineup for me, but just seeing live music will be surreal and incredible. 

• Upvote 1