Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I wonder if they will replace, they've had 10 days and not removed ashcroft from the line up.

Don’t see how they couldn’t replace him. Refunds are open to all right now after all. A headliner less day would cause massive refund requests I’m sure. Especially as it’s the Sunday which closes the festival. 

Think it’ll be someone from a cancelled festival that was the same weekend. They’re free and already had a contract with SS.

I certainly hope they are able to replace him. He was a major pull for the Sunday in an already pretty disappointing line up for me. 
although I totally understand it’s going to be difficult to pull great line ups out of the bag every year and especially this year given the current situation with COVID. 
I am just more than happy to be able to go and listen to live music again with fellow festival goers so although the line up isn’t outstanding in my opinion I will still be making the most of it all

Think Supergrass make sense as they’re playing a special guest show at Latitude the night before, and Stereophonics have had both of their previously booked U.K. festival headline gigs cancelled. No doubt they’d take it though. Supergrass also haven’t headlined Tramlines yet, so if it’s a straight shootout I think they’d be favourable.

7 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Think Supergrass make sense as they’re playing a special guest show at Latitude the night before, and Stereophonics have had both of their previously booked U.K. festival headline gigs cancelled. No doubt they’d take it though. Supergrass also haven’t headlined Tramlines yet, so if it’s a straight shootout I think they’d be favourable.

Would not be too impressed with Supergrass. 

10 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Everything you’re saying makes sense, but I don’t want it to happen. So I’m going to pretend it’s nonsense! 😂

3 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Foals or Idles be my pick, followed by Supergrass or Wolf Alice. 

Tramlines very quiet on this. 

Yeah, shit is hitting the fan. 😄

I feel for them, the stress of getting the event on, and now this. 

Statements are being put together. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

two questions, if you have any insight!

Were they expecting this? Ashcroft is claiming he told the festival 10 days ago? Yet they’ve been promoting him as headlining all last week? What’s the story there? 

Also, not expecting any hints or anything. But do you know if they have a replacement or are looking to get one? 

4 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

If ashcroft is being truthful, haven't they had 10 days to sort a statement out. As he posted today, I'm presuming ashcroft was getting frustrated that he was still being advertised on the bill.

Or perhaps trying to finalise a new headliner,  before revealing ashcroft had pulled.

No idea the politics of bookings myself. 

Edited by thetime

34 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

two questions, if you have any insight!

Were they expecting this? Ashcroft is claiming he told the festival 10 days ago? Yet they’ve been promoting him as headlining all last week? What’s the story there? 

Also, not expecting any hints or anything. But do you know if they have a replacement or are looking to get one? 

33 minutes ago, thetime said:

If ashcroft is being truthful, haven't they had 10 days to sort a statement out. As he posted today, I'm presuming ashcroft was getting frustrated that he was still being advertised on the bill.

Or perhaps trying to finalise a new headliner,  before revealing ashcroft had pulled.

No idea the politics of bookings myself. 

He told his peoples not Tramlines peoples. So where the message got lost I'm not sure. 

Ashcroft reasoning to pull out is a decent excuse but is lame, he's probably not ready for live shows or got an holiday booked. 😄

He’s hardly a anarchist and seems to have fundamentally misunderstanding what a pilot event is. He fancies himself as anti establishment, its trendy in these circles see Ian Brown. 

26 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Have the boys from High Green got enough time to get home and quarantine? 😂

They are all in the country and recording an album at the moment, I think 🤔. One can dream. It would break the bank though and unlikely. Maybe Timm can pull in a huge favour. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

He told his peoples not Tramlines peoples. So where the message got lost I'm not sure. 

Ashcroft reasoning to pull out is a decent excuse but is lame, he's probably not ready for live shows or got an holiday booked. 😄

He’s hardly a anarchist and seems to have fundamentally misunderstanding what a pilot event is. He fancies himself as anti establishment, its trendy in these circles see Ian Brown. 

There are all in the country and recording an album at the moment, I think 🤔. One can dream. It would break the bank though and unlikely. Maybe Timm can pull in a huge favour. 

Do you not know of any set name that has been lined up to replace him then?

17 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

There are all in the country and recording an album at the moment, I think 🤔. One can dream. It would break the bank though and unlikely. Maybe Timm can pull in a huge favour. 

If anyone can Timm can.  Got to feel for him these last couple of years.