Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

19 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

No news, it's all gone quiet. I think they are awaiting on more details and to see if they are going to be apart of government's series of test events.

Local cases shooting up is probably not helping, despite hospitalisations remaining low. 

Id imagine it's more complicated to get the logistics together compared to a camping event like Latitude, that can be more contained and controlled. 

Cheers man, with the cases going up as they are I don’t think they’ll get it unfortunately to be honest.

Although I guess with tramlines it’s a good tester with it been non camping but also a lot more risky!

Can’t see the locals been to happy with the public transport been full with drunken festival goers either in current times 😂 (I know they probably hate it every year 😂)

1 minute ago, the hitcher said:

Cheers man, with the cases going up as they are I don’t think they’ll get it unfortunately to be honest.

Although I guess with tramlines it’s a good tester with it been non camping but also a lot more risky!

Can’t see the locals been to happy with the public transport been full with drunken festival goers either in current times 😂 (I know they probably hate it every year 😂)

If anything I think they will have to put on separate transport for festival goers.  More trams and buses have been put on in past years anyway. (discounting the year the tram staff were on strike). It all depends if restrictions like masks and social distancing are removed. 

It's more of a real world pilot with festival goers mixing with the city. 

I think it will need the full support of the local council and authorities as well. If it goes wrong it's potentially throwing a whole city (and potentially region seen as a lot of people from Doncaster, Rotherham, Barnsley also attend) under the bus. 

The results from the other pilot events seem positive though. 

15 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Sounds like a decision could be made tomorrow, not sure if that will lead to an announcement straight away. 

Have Womad/Bryan Ferry jumped the gun in their statement by mentioning Tramlines as a pilot event, or have they got their wires crossed and put out some misinformation ? I dont remember the BBC announcing Tramlines as a pilot event on Friday as their statement claims 

4 minutes ago, swede said:

Have Womad/Bryan Ferry jumped the gun in their statement by mentioning Tramlines as a pilot event, or have they got their wires crossed and put out some misinformation ? I dont remember the BBC announcing Tramlines as a pilot event on Friday as their statement claims 

It was an industry magazine that jumped the gun originally. Tramlines have been in discussions about becoming a pilot event. It's been reported twice by the same industry mag as if they are already confirmed as a pilot event, that's not/wasn't the case.

I'm still not sure of the outcome. There is likely a decision being made today though, I'd imagine that's because deposits will have to be paid and that will be a massive commitment. One they can't afford if the event doesn't get the pilot status. 

43 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

It was an industry magazine that jumped the gun originally. Tramlines have been in discussions about becoming a pilot event. It's been reported twice by the same industry mag as if they are already confirmed as a pilot event, that's not/wasn't the case.

I'm still not sure of the outcome. There is likely a decision being made today though, I'd imagine that's because deposits will have to be paid and that will be a massive commitment. One they can't afford if the event doesn't get the pilot status. 

Thanks buddy, fingers crossed, I'm looking forward to a few days of music, especially if everyone on site has tested negative or had two jabs, my wife and my friends wife are a bit more apprehensive about going but i'm sure it'll be a different story once we're there.  

20 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Right @JBarbour who else is going to be added to the line up 🤣

It's always more, more, more 😆 I'm just one man. I've been chasing this pilot info for the past week or so. The info was good about today though. 

I think they'll be working on keeping the current line up and there could possibly be some changes, then further announcements.

• Like 1

Personally I'm thrilled but I know mine and my mates wife are both a bit worried about being in crowds again, so with there being an option to roll over tickets to next year I've left it up to everyone else to decide if we are going or not, cant be arsed with being part of that discussion tbh. 

18 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

F**k yeah! Mental to even imagine getting to see live music again, cannot wait. 

Most excited for Pale Waves, Vistas, BLOXX and Fickle Friends. Would love someone like Frank Turner added now he’s very free that weekend! 

Fingers crossed Frank Turner and Idles get added 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dronx said:

They not bothering next summer? 

Is that a question in regards to SJM / AM dates? It will be scheduled around the release of new material, a tour and/or festival dates I'd imagine. Plus in 2023 COVID restrictions might finally be lifted 😆

• Like 1

Everyone's in our group is on board for going, I'm absolutely buzzing, got Urban Hymns on at work with a right spring in my step. 

Its shows how much we've been through when its blowing my mind that in just over 3 weeks I'll have 3 days of live music to look forward to, we're in a very lucky position compared to some people.