Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

On 6/21/2021 at 5:04 PM, JBarbour said:

I could be wrong but it's not quite a done deal yet in regards to Tramlines being a pilot event. Still some things to sort out, but it sounds promising.

Any more rumblings about this buddy ? Or is other similar sized festivals cancelling over the last few days a sign that Tramlines will follow ? 

17 minutes ago, Adster said:

I think other festivals being cancelled (especially Truck) and Tramlines being quiet is a very positive sign

What's worrying for me is the wording of the Kendall and Truck announcements are very similar, as if they are all making sure they get the same point across and each festival announcing their cancellations on separate days from each other. 

4 minutes ago, swede said:

What's worrying for me is the wording of the Kendall and Truck announcements are very similar, as if they are all making sure they get the same point across and each festival announcing their cancellations on separate days from each other. 

Whats (hopefully) different for Tramlines are the articles circulating saying its been picked as a pilot event.

Theres also more general articles in the papers this morning suggesting limits on outdoor events will be removed on the 19th along with the lifting of other restrictions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede said:

Any more rumblings about this buddy ? Or is other similar sized festivals cancelling over the last few days a sign that Tramlines will follow ? 

Still nothing solid. Last I heard talks are happening. 

Just to be clear Tramlines has not been picked to be a pilot yet. Its on a shortlist, I think. It will only happen if/when DCMS make an announcement. 

It's totally out of the organisers hands. It can quite easily still be cancelled. 

13 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Still nothing solid. Last I heard talks are happening. 

Just to be clear Tramlines has not been picked to be a pilot yet. Its on a shortlist, I think. It will only happen if/when DCMS make an announcement. 

It's totally out of the organisers hands. It can quite easily still be cancelled. 

Do you think location may go against it ? 

19 minutes ago, swede said:

Do you think location may go against it ? 

The use of public transport could be an issue. 

Id imagine it will be difficult to track any covid outbreaks because the festival isn't contained like a camping event. 

Although it could be a positive if they are wanting a real world pilot with the festival mixing with a whole city. 

23 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Id imagine it will be difficult to track any covid outbreaks because the festival isn't contained like a camping event. 

Although it could be a positive if they are wanting a real world pilot with the festival mixing with a whole city. 

Exactly my thoughts as well , for and against it going ahead 

47 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Well IF they're planning on letting other events happen at all this year they'll need to bite the bullet at some point, as those problems aren't going away. 

Also Wembley will come with the same issues with such high numbers so hopefully they let us try that elsewhere 

46 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Well IF they're planning on letting other events happen at all this year they'll need to bite the bullet at some point, as those problems aren't going away. 

Also Wembley will come with the same issues with such high numbers so hopefully they let us try that elsewhere 

Wembley, Ascot, Silverstone, theres being some money changing hands to get events put on at those venues, plus they're events that the rich and elite enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, swede said:

Wembley, Ascot, Silverstone, theres being some money changing hands to get events put on at those venues, plus they're events that the rich and elite enjoy. 

Not forgetting Melvin knows how to grease a few wheels (allegedly). Other promoters are unlikely to be in the same position of LN & FR. 

21 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Not forgetting Melvin knows how to grease a few wheels (allegedly). Other promoters are unlikely to be in the same position of LN & FR. 

A friend of mine is married to his niece, according to him he's unbelievably influential with his fingers in a lot of pies. 

Been saying this all day, ad nauseam - Seems to me the only purpose these live music pilot events serve (Blossoms at Sefton, Download) - is to ensure Live Nation owned Latitude and Reading & Leeds are able to go ahead with full govt support.

Melvin Benn talks about protecting the industry as a whole, but it looks he's only out to preserve his own portfolio of events to me...happy to be proven wrong, but it's starting to absolutely stink of preferential treatment imo £££

1 hour ago, A costume of a man said:

Been saying this all day, ad nauseam - Seems to me the only purpose these live music pilot events serve (Blossoms at Sefton, Download) - is to ensure Live Nation owned Latitude and Reading & Leeds are able to go ahead with full govt support.

Melvin Benn talks about protecting the industry as a whole, but it looks he's only out to preserve his own portfolio of events to me...happy to be proven wrong, but it's starting to absolutely stink of preferential treatment imo £££

Spot on, there's something not quite right about it.

1 hour ago, A costume of a man said:

Crazy to me.

Creamfields has the exact same sponsors. Surely they have a shout?

Both same weekend 

2 hours ago, A costume of a man said:

40 minutes ago, thetime said:

Spot on, there's something not quite right about it.

28 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Splendour just cancelled, same weekend as truck and tramlines. Feel for all of them, government have been shit.

The government love it when an industry is run by a few larger companies and seem to hate independents. I think it's worse than just him wanting his two events to go on...I think he's smelling blood and wants to buy up some others 

I've got to say if the case numbers continue as they are i wouldn't be surprised to see no festival at all on the test events list

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 hours ago, the hitcher said:

Any more news @JBarbour

think I’m going to go latitude if this is definitely off but worrying about it selling out before we hear anything 😂

No news, it's all gone quiet. I think they are awaiting on more details and to see if they are going to be apart of government's series of test events.

Local cases shooting up is probably not helping, despite hospitalisations remaining low. 

Id imagine it's more complicated to get the logistics together compared to a camping event like Latitude, that can be more contained and controlled. 

Edited by JBarbour