Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

8 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Frank Turner added to the Victorious line up.  Hope it's a double booking to include Tramlines. 

According to his livestream this evening he's planning a run of duo shows across the summer so I guess it will depend on location of his own shows.  Believe y not, Kendal and victorious are all duo shows 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Well being sold out has confirmed whether I plunge for a Sunday ticket or not lol.

I would of guessed there will be some more tickets going on sale closer to the festival. There will be a resale of payment plan tickets, any guest tickets that go unused added to the pile as well. They have a weird thing with capacity. 

I'm still not confident it will go ahead though, July festivals looking dodgy. 

3 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I would of guessed there will be some more tickets going on sale closer to the festival. There will be a resale of payment plan tickets, any guest tickets that go unused added to the pile as well. They have a weird thing with capacity. 

I'm still not confident it will go ahead though, July festivals looking dodgy. 

Oh nor am I, that's why I held off. The better undercard for me is actually the Friday. I could enjoy Tom Walker but the rest I wouldn't care to miss. Just fancy seeing Ashcroft again. Saturday Victorious would be a cheap way to tick him off with a few others I'd see but I'm already going to a dance 90's thing in Newcastle tat day which has a few acts I've never seen. So it's a hard one but I have prioritized there.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Anything happening @JBarbour.  Presume awaiting next Government announcement re Roadmap.

Yeah I think so. Business as usual still for the organisers until there are further gov announcements. There has been some local gossip of it cancelling but there has been no decision made yet. 

Reckon it’s only a matter of time for this to be cancelled now.

June 21st will surely be delayed at least a month, likely even longer. The sharp increase in cases and the new the new variant is so much more likely to put you in hospital have seemingly killed any chance of a normal summer. 

Think even the August/September festivals are basically done now. Tramlines hasn’t got a hope. No festival does anymore. Feels like this will never end. 

Personally hope they blow up the lineup and start from scratch for next year. Can’t say 2021 ever appealed to me very much. 

7 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

June 21st will surely be delayed at least a month, likely even longer. The sharp increase in cases and the new the new variant is so much more likely to put you in hospital have seemingly killed any chance of a normal summer. 

Think even the August/September festivals are basically done now. Tramlines hasn’t got a hope. No festival does anymore. Feels like this will never end. 

Personally hope they blow up the lineup and start from scratch for next year. Can’t say 2021 ever appealed to me very much. 

I may be wrong but that reads like you want it to be cancelled.

It's been 2 years, festivals are my summer, and I'm not ready to admit defeat.

10 hours ago, Adster said:

Certainly not. I’m just trying to accept the inevitable now, in the hopes it doesn’t hurt as much when confirmed. 

While the Tramlines lineup doesn’t appeal to me, I’d still do anything for it to happen just to be at a festival. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adster said:

I don't think he does but sometimes going by the information and the likeliness of it being canned, of which there is a big chance, is somewhat to some better than just every day uncertainty. Planning around everything is getting draining.

It hasn't been two years. The pandemic is into it's 15th month now. We aren't even a year yet since Tramlines couldn't take place last year.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:35 PM, thewayiam said:

It hasn't been two years. The pandemic is into it's 15th month now. We aren't even a year yet since Tramlines couldn't take place last year.

Two years since I've been to a festival, they were all cancelled last year.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:39 PM, thatTFBguy said:

Bit melodramatic 

14 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

That reminds me, i wonder when we'll finally get those long rumoured Arctic Monkeys gigs. Next year for their 20th anniversary perhaps?

It's a right shambles. The licence for the SJM gigs is still "open" on the council website, but the local licencing team have nothing other than Tramlines for Hillsborough next year at the moment.   

Wondering if they will just end up at the arena again or maybe in the bowl. Like most festivals in city/built up areas it gets a lot of grief from locals, so they may decide its not worth the hassle. 

Would be mint if Tramlines was a test event. Even better if they nicked some of the acts from Kendall/Truck if they can’t go ahead (Circa Waves, Bombay and Frank Turner plz). 

Ive been pretty down on the lineup in the thread but after seeing Download Pilot posts this weekend I don’t care who’s playing now just get me in a crowd in front of a stage. 

I’ll mosh to Lucy fucking Spraggan at this point.