Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

It’s a yikes from me. Missus is quite happy though.

Really hoping the ‘more coming soon’ includes reasonably sized artists (maybe a circa waves or a Bombay bicycle) but I’m assuming it’s just small local people. 

Ah well, I’ll take any live music at this point and at least now if it’s called off I won’t be especially bothered 😂

29 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Very strong line up. Fridays stacked for me. Rest of the weekend decent enough. 

14 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Weekend £130 (+bf). Day tickets £45 (+bf)

Only Friday but you can't fault that for £45. I don't like The Streets so not for me but generally. Saturday is £60 and Sunday £50. But I think I'd rather Ashcroft and Tom Walker than Ashcroft and Supergrass.

Also, The Snuts remind me off a cross between Kasabian and early Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by thewayiam

Headliners aren't for me personally but there's some fantastic stuff on the undercard that I wasn't really expecting (Everything Everything, Dizzee, Little Simz, Georgia, Pale Waves, Sophie Ellis Bextor).

It's nice to see them conciously trying to book some female artists than just another bunch of easy-win lad bands too.

Just now, JBarbour said:

I could be wrong but I thought that might of been Supergrass. Not sure if they will appear on further announcements or they were never lined up for that slot. 

Are we thinking Dizzee will play opposite Ashcroft with Tom Walker subbing or both under? I don't know Tramlines that well.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Are we thinking Dizzee will play opposite Ashcroft with Tom Walker subbing or both under? I don't know Tramlines that well.

Blossoms are playing under Royal Blood. So the poster second line acts don't mean they on the T'other stage. 

I'm not sure on stage splits. That will be on next announcement and I'd imagine there is some room to move acts about unless they already agreed main stage. 

5 minutes ago, Dronx said:

I think there’s a slot below Ashcroft if there is one. Blossoms are a strong sub in Sheffield. 

Interesting. I'd like to move a couple of Friday acts to Sunday. Still not going to buy straight though which may mean I'll miss out but I need to feel more optimistic it'll go ahead.

1 hour ago, Dronx said:

There does seem to be a missing space next to Blossoms on the poster though. 

I think that is more likely than an extra band Sunday below Ashcroft.

I really don't mean to sound bad but being an independent festival and what we heard from Trees, I fear in a couple of weeks it'll be canned.

24 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Does it seem to anyone else that the social respond has been pretty tepid? 

Surprised it’s not gone down better based on the response here. 

Seems 50/50 response on social media. A lot of the older crowd seem more disappointed missing Madness and Ian Brown from the line up. 

It's not got much press coverage either, apart from local. I think the festival bubble is bursting again this year, with every day that passes and no clear plan for large events. 

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Seems 50/50 response on social media. A lot of the older crowd seem more disappointed missing Madness and Ian Brown from the line up. 

It's not got much press coverage either, apart from local. I think the festival bubble is bursting again this year, with every day that passes and no clear plan for large events. 

I think people kinda have their booked plans now and it's all just dragging on. Festivals being waited on with same acts as others that still have tickets. Like RB for example have Victorious which is cheap and not sold, now Tramlines and also an arena tour to sell which Tramlines for sure is hoping sells before that.

I think there maybe some coincidence in when the RB tickets go on sale to when these festivals are nearly out of time. The time difference won't be that dissimilar from 2000 Trees  and this is a bigger fest. As for Y Not, the same size as Trees I believe and will likely fall in and around a the same time. 

Have to say I’m once again enjoying the annual meltdown of some folks on twitter when AM aren’t announced as headliners. When will people learn it’s never happening.

Anyway Im still pretty down on the lineup but keen to get more excited by getting into some of the smaller acts on the undercard. 

Discovered Sea Girls thanks to Tramlines 2019, and seen them a couple times now with tickets to see them twice later this year. So open to discovering new artists.

Acts I like on the current lineup: Kooks/Pale Waves/Vistas/Bloxx/Blossoms(ish, boring as hell live but don’t mind them).

Anyone recommend me anyone else from the lineup to checkout? 

10 minutes ago, Samjones said:

That’s a question @JBarbour. Who was halting the lineup release in the end then? As streets and royal blood were already announced elsewhere and Ashcroft hasn’t announced anything to suggest he needed it delaying 

They had to book a headliner really late and then agents playing hardball with announcements. They originally only had to replace one headliner drop out (Catfish) then the following months all 3 had gone. 

I think Royal Blood agents wanted them to get the music and tour announcements out first. Ashcroft got booked late on and last (I think). So it was a combo of everything. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Have to say I’m once again enjoying the annual meltdown of some folks on twitter when AM aren’t announced as headliners. When will people learn it’s never happening.

Anyway Im still pretty down on the lineup but keen to get more excited by getting into some of the smaller acts on the undercard. 

Discovered Sea Girls thanks to Tramlines 2019, and seen them a couple times now with tickets to see them twice later this year. So open to discovering new artists.

Acts I like on the current lineup: Kooks/Pale Waves/Vistas/Bloxx/Blossoms(ish, boring as hell live but don’t mind them).

Anyone recommend me anyone else from the lineup to checkout? 

The Magic Gang, DMA's, The Snuts, Sheafs and The Lathums would be on my list to checkout.