Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

5 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Are you able to confirm or deny my prediction of the streets/royal blood/Ashcroft 

I've mentioned it before. Its not my festival or line up to announce. I've ruled out a handful of acts but for the most part they were obvious. If I rule out anymore I may as well say the line up. 

This might be ignoring all the clues etc. But Chvrches are launching their new single tonight on Annie mac. Back with an album maybe just big enough to step us as a headliner and could explain the wait. Also female fronted which is surely a big bonus for festivals now. 

23 minutes ago, pwalton89 said:

This might be ignoring all the clues etc. But Chvrches are launching their new single tonight on Annie mac. Back with an album maybe just big enough to step us as a headliner and could explain the wait. Also female fronted which is surely a big bonus for festivals now. 

Good shout

2 hours ago, pwalton89 said:

As a big CHVRCHES fan I would love this! But JBarbour already confirmed all 3 acts had been mentioned already and they don’t feature on any of the similar festivals Truck/Victorious and the likes.

Unfortunately, too left field of a shout as much as I wish you were correct. 

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Guessing its not coming today from the lack of activity on social media now. 

At this rate they may as well wait to see if the festival can go ahead! 

Maybe they'll just tell us the line-up at the gate.

Part of me thinks that would be fun, the biggest downside is that it would prevent me checking out some of the smaller bands on spotify etc first.

Just now, Adster said:

Maybe they'll just tell us the line-up at the gate.

Part of me thinks that would be fun, the biggest downside is that it would prevent me checking out some of the smaller bands on spotify etc first.

Boomtown look to be trying that approach this year if they can go ahead. 

Just now, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

What did they say 🤔

That they expected an announcement early part of this week but it's gone quiet and been no talk of it happening. The fact Tramlines still saying "soon" on social media and not announcing a date for the line up may mean its not the early part of this week now.  Either things have changed or pals got it wrong, which is strange considering their jobs 😀

14 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Have you definitely see it because as long as I know it’s coming I’m still just as ready whether it’s today or Friday 

They've got three headliners if that's what you're asking 😛

Edited by JBarbour

17 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

I meant have you seen the lineup poster and know it’s definitely ready 

No not seen a poster. They might not even have a poster ready at this point or they have an early draft. They could send out an embargoed poster at some point this week ready for marketing though. Probably agent/s still holding things up

Boomtown Festival cancelled due uncertainty and the lack of a Covid insurance cover.

Based on the deafening silence from the Tramlines team can we expect Tramlines 21 be the next to go ?  I would imagine so.  

Realistically it was always going to come a couple of Months too early.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
Spelling

Just now, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Boomtown Festival cancelled due uncertainty and the lack of a Covid insurance team.

Based on the deafening silence from the Tramlines team can we expect Tramlines 21 be the next to go ?  I would imagine so.  

It’s not necessarily too early for cases and reality, just the incompetent gov aren’t willing to protect the events industry so who can blame the organisers for wanting to save themselves 

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Boomtown Festival cancelled due uncertainty and the lack of a Covid insurance cover.

The silence and no line up is nothing to do with possibly cancelling the event. Internally they are still planning for the event to go ahead at this point.

I can keep saying this over and over. The line up announcements are out of festival organisers hands for the most part, festivals can't just announce when they like. The delayed line up is not the organisers doing. 

I do however think there is likely to be more or all festivals being cancelled this summer. Everyday that passes with no clear date or further help and guidance from the government is getting less and less chance of large events happening. I think government are wary of big events happening. 

Id imagine its difficult and very stressful for event organisers at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

The silence and no line up is nothing to do with possibly cancelling the event. Internally they are still planning for the event to go ahead at this point.

I can keep saying this over and over. The line up announcements are out of festival organisers hands for the most part, festivals can't just announce when they like. The delayed line up is not the organisers doing. 

I do however think there is likely to be more or all festivals being cancelled this summer. Everyday that passes with no clear date or further help and guidance from the government is getting less and less chance of large events happening. I think government are wary of big events happening. 

Id imagine its difficult and very stressful for event organisers at the moment. 

You aren't allowed to say this though. Every opinion that suggests a music event may not go ahead gets the response of you don't want it to or you are too negative.

• Downvote 2