Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

When you say not current do you mean older like stereophonics or do you mean as in a touch past their prime such as the kooks, the wombats etc. And nope no mention of a lineup date yet still sadly 😞

It's all perspective isn't it? For me stereophonics haven't had any notable success in a really long time. Whereas wombats pulled themselves from nowhere and hot radio play with lemon to a knife fight.

I don't stereophonics a strange band. Everything about their recorded music says they should be amazing, and there is no denying how good they are, but I've seen them a several times and it's always fallen a bit flat. It's perfect but lacks atmosphere.

That said, I'll be there if they play 😁

20 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Is there a ‘Family act’ set to headline Sunday 

I wouldn't say as "family friendly* as Madness and Nile Rodgers was previously. 

Also why do people keep mentioning stereophonics, they only headlined a few festivals back. You can rule them out 😃

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1

Piecing together and trying to remember everything @JBarbour has told us I would be very suprised if royal blood weren’t the current band, in terms of the other headliners who are pat their best I’m going to go for the streets and maybe James and then finally supergrass as the act mentioned as potential headliner but playing further down. Happy lineup day folks 🙂 (hopefully)

2 hours ago, Samjones said:

Piecing together and trying to remember everything @JBarbour has told us I would be very suprised if royal blood weren’t the current band, in terms of the other headliners who are pat their best I’m going to go for the streets and maybe James and then finally supergrass as the act mentioned as potential headliner but playing further down. Happy lineup day folks 🙂 (hopefully)

Surely they’ll do a pre announcement for a future announcement date? 

3 hours ago, Samjones said:

I will be one happy chap if its James as a Headliner.  

38 minutes ago, Samjones said:

But you aren’t ruling out royal blood or the streets 👀👀👀

Just saying its not James. I don't think they are big enough even if I know they not headlining. 😝

Not sure how well they would go down with the youths and bucket hats, I think James passed that crowd by. Maybe they hit the family friendly crowd more, but I guess they'd be disappointed with that booking as well. 

Not so much a family friendly headliner this year although the middle aged to older crowd probably appreciate the act.

Edited by JBarbour

21 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Just saying its not James. I don't think they are big enough even if I know they not headlining. 😝

Not sure how well they would go down with the youths and bucket hats, I think James passed that crowd by. Maybe they hit the family friendly crowd more, but I guess they'd be disappointed with that booking as well. 

Not so much a family friendly headliner this year although the middle aged to older crowd probably appreciate the act.

All I can think for that is libertines, maybe primal scream but surely not big enough, alt j but highly doubt again, bloc party poss, the cribs probably too small, franz probably too small, pulp 😉, razorlight too small, snow patrol (pls god no), the xx (big doubt)

Wouldn’t mind it if it was Richard Ashcroft, royal blood and the streets. Still holding out out a hope for the strokes (I know very unlikely).

Think DMA’s will still sub as they are in uk for dates in July so while they are over here why not. Can see the kooks and fratellis back in this line up. The snuts for that Lewis capaldi timed slot from a couple of years ago. 

Would like to see vistas, kawala, sundara karma back on the bill as well as the last royals and wolf gang. 

Quickly going over everything @JBarbour has told us, after him ruling certain acts out and stating the headliners have all been mentioned in the forum it leaves us with the following; Blossoms (too small to headline imo), Vaccines (also likely too small and not announced anywhere), wolf alice (same again), 1975 (too big), Foals (i hope but reckon royal blood are the "current band"), Royal blood, Bastille (i doubt it), Ashcroft (would dissapoint me and is second down at victorious), Manics (played recently and too small imo), courteeners (played recently so highly unlikely), gerry (hope not), The streets, Bombay (prob too small), Bloc party (not really announced anywhere), New order (dreamy).

I'm gonna go for The streets/Royal Blood/Ashcroft