Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

1 minute ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

So pre announcement tomorrow!?

They may just straight announce the line up, "soon". Going by what they generally do I guess they'll make an announcement about the announcement. I'd rather not take the social media team's thunder so we'll see if they announce it.

I would guess that they would have one act that's shared with Truck so most likely Royal Blood. The delay in announcing along with Ynot suggest to me that they also share an act or two that hasn't been announced anywhere else. Then again I could be completely wrong 🤷‍♂️

I'm that desparate to go to a festival that I don't have strong feelings about who headlines but I'd like there to be at least one current act among them. 

I'll be disappointed if every headliners heyday was 20 years ago.   *cough* kendal *cough*

8 minutes ago, Adster said:

I'm that desparate to go to a festival that I don't have strong feelings about who headlines but I'd like there to be at least one current act among them. 

I'll be disappointed if every headliners heyday was 20 years ago.   *cough* kendal *cough*

😯

20 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Haha I was joking for the most part. There is one current headliner but the others could fall into the past their best category. 

Current = royal blood, Gerry, foals.
Past it = stereophonics, libertines, supergrass, maniacs, courteeners, streets, kooks, James, Ashcroft, Ian brown 

potential past it = bombay, vaccines?, wombats? Courteeners? 

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

Current = royal blood, Gerry, foals.
Past it = stereophonics, libertines, supergrass, maniacs, courteeners, streets, kooks, James, Ashcroft, Ian brown 

potential past it = bombay, vaccines?, wombats? Courteeners? 

If any of the potential past it options you’ve listed turned up I’d be bloody buzzing.

Surely only Bombay is a possibility though. None of the rest are at any festivals that share the Tramlines lineup. 

35 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

If any of the potential past it options you’ve listed turned up I’d be bloody buzzing.

Surely only Bombay is a possibility though. None of the rest are at any festivals that share the Tramlines lineup. 

I’d agree as I don’t mind any of those, just would probably put them in that category which @JBarbour is possibly suggesting what the other two acts are in his eyes. Bombay are definitely the most possible out of those ones, courteeners are active and at trnsmt but only played a couple of years ago so doubt they will be at tramlines, wombats are about but I would expect them as sub as that’s what they are at nbhd and we’re at ynot a couple years back. Vaccines is a tough one as are not announced anywhere but are releasing a new album in next few months so could be about but again i see them more as a sub. So these two headliners @JBarbour has as potential past it are making me struggle but likely at least one of them are probably in that group that I see as definitely past it or maybe someone else altogether haha 

The line up is very predictable. Its a decent line up for the most part. When I say past their best I don't mean they are bad acts or poor live, just not current. All three headliners have been mentioned here and an act mentioned as a headliner is appearing further down the bill.  

I've not been checking social media lately, still no announcement of the line up date? 

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

The line up is very predictable. Its a decent line up for the most part. When I say past their best I don't mean they are bad acts or poor live, just not current. All three headliners have been mentioned here and an act mentioned as a headliner is appearing further down the bill.  

I've not been checking social media lately, still no announcement of the line up date? 

When you say not current do you mean older like stereophonics or do you mean as in a touch past their prime such as the kooks, the wombats etc. And nope no mention of a lineup date yet still sadly 😞

5 minutes ago, Samjones said:

When you say not current do you mean older like stereophonics or do you mean as in a touch past their prime such as the kooks, the wombats etc. And nope no mention of a lineup date yet still sadly 😞

If my info is right (I'm certain it is) you won't have to wait long. There is plenty of info I've given to best guess the headliners. I'd imagine their socials will say "Happy Friday... Line up announced..." 

If they don't announce the announcement tomorrow it could well be straight line up or I'm wrong. 

Okay - my final prediction - and seeing as I’m a cynical bastard I’m assuming it’ll be my personal worse case scenario from the names mentioned:

Royal Blood/Supergrass/Madness

(no disrespect to Royal Blood just not to my taste, missus would be happy with them so I’d see them)

act appearing further down the bill: Kooks (after i foolish backed them as potential headliner earlier). 

If my info is right (I'm certain it is) you won't have to wait long. There is plenty of info I've given to best guess the headliners. I'd imagine their socials will say "Happy Friday... Line up announced..." 

If they don't announce the announcement tomorrow it could well be straight line up or I'm wrong. 

Just caught up on way home from work this  is very exciting still struggling to think for the trio but excited none the less 

37 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Okay - my final prediction - and seeing as I’m a cynical bastard I’m assuming it’ll be my personal worse case scenario from the names mentioned:

Royal Blood/Supergrass/Madness

(no disrespect to Royal Blood just not to my taste, missus would be happy with them so I’d see them)

act appearing further down the bill: Kooks (after i foolish backed them as potential headliner earlier). 

I thought I already mentioned it. No headliner the same as last year. 😛